Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes winter 2006-2007

Poster: A snowHead
Leis, ah sorry - didn't want to be unwelcoming but.... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, Thanks once again for your great pics, not long now !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cathy no worries hun. Would rather be told than p*ss everyone off. hahaha

Oooh just noted the South London location. I'm an SE8 girl meself.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Leis, SE19 me! Little Angel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah the updates are wicked! A big thanks to everyone!!!! Cant wait now although we have to wait until the 17th march!!!!! wink As we have booked seperatly does anyone now how we can get cheap transfers from grenoble?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bensbus.co.uk ,i think its £35 return ---------- have fun Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks!!!!!!! Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last Day at work !! 24 hrs before i am in resort and less than 48 till i hit the slopes !!!
Such a good feeling NehNeh
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Argh thats not fair!!!!!!! saying that when you will be back at work i will be hitting the slopes so it works both ways Very Happy NehNeh
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
aaronski wrote:
Argh thats not fair!!!!!!! saying that when you will be back at work i will be hitting the slopes so it works both ways Very Happy NehNeh

Very True ! And then i will be jealous of you guys out there !
If i can whilst i'm out there i will post some piccies but if not will do as soon as i'm back.
Then the next task is to sort out trip 2 before the end of the season Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ok cool, well if you are looking for a bargain in march, we got flights for £45pp to grenoble and acccomodation for £70pp, looks pretty basic but we are only going to sleep there!!! we still need transfers, food, lift pass etc... but still a good price we thought!!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was a pretty foul day today (which, of course is good!) Very Happy Snowing on and off at the Cretes, and I never ventured higher than 2,400m as it was foggy, snowing, flat light and very windy! Not condusive to good lessons!! Laughing Anyway at Cretes level it had snowed a teeny bit overnight (about 1-2cms), and at one point we had about 5 cms of really nice new snow on the Petit Diable. We'll see what happens tomorrow, and more snow is promised for next week. It may all fall above 2,000m though. That won't be a problem for us, but won't be good for some of the lower stations.
latest report
 brian
brian
easiski, looks very promising for a hefty dump down to low levels round about next Tuesday wink

Next week's cold will probably be a bit of a shock to the system after the weekend warmth. Looks like about a 15 degree drop between Saturday and Wednesday !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brian, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
brian, Mad Mad
snow conditions
clear this morning after heavy rain last night. I looks snowy above 1800m. Will report later after skiing. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
You'll have to go pretty high, according to Meteo France its 0C up on the glacier with rain to 2700m overnight... about 20cm of Fresh at Glacier level though.
ski holidays
davidof, I'm afraid you were right! It certainly rained at 2,600m last night and lots of nasty very hardpack. Skating rinks all over in the town.

However: in spite of all that you can see that there's still plenty of snow left, and if we get a bit next week, it'll be great. Lots of wind today too at higher altitudes.
this photo is looking up towards the glacier, showing the wind blowing the snow around a bit.

This one is looking up the Cretes (Grand and Petit on the right). the buildings are at 2,100m, so you cn see it's not bad at all.
snow conditions
Looks better than la ros
latest report
http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=ski;sess= does anyone agree with what they're saying. It says big dumps over the next few weeks in LDA. sounds to good to be true so i want some reassurance!!! Im out there from the 27th for a week but thinking of staying for longer, can anyone suggest some cheap accomidation or if anyone knows of a job going anywhere??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
I came back from L2A last week. Don't sweat - the snow is fine as easiski, will no doubt confirm. The only current problem is with runs down to the resort but because they aren't too many rocks around a small covering will be OK

ENJOY

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
kitenski, the Missions work very well on hardpack, breakable crust, and soft slushy bumps. I'm very pleased with them, now all I have to do is improve my technique which apparently has suffered from the powder in Whistler. wink
latest report
fabulous snow this afternoon to be had on the glacier and mid station runs. carved the whole way down (in my own style!)

must thank EASISKI for a great effort in correcting my skiing faux pas - excellent instruction for me and my better and fairer half.
snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Well; we arrived in LDA ahead of schedule, so managed to get in a cheeky half day today - GREAT FUN
apart from the brown stuff around the resort, once your up top its fine! beautiful sunshine today and forgot to wear sunscreen so a little burnt! wont forget that tomorro for sure.
Staying in the chalethotel provencal - accomodation is basic but the staff and the food are excellent.
So all in all we are happy campers!
Although i havent slept since weds nite i have been forced to sample the local bars tonite - would be rude not to. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
I.m in heaven !!! sure beats working NehNeh
ski holidays
debbi, So not fair! Make sure you leave some snow for us lot.

steve1985ski, we ar heading out on the 24th for a week. Can't help on the accomodation front sorry but I'm getting the same report from Metcheck so we should be more than ok by what the guys are telling us.

Woohooo bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
steve1985ski, cheap accommodation is a huge problem. Your best bet is to try to get a discount on a very small (12-13 sqm) studio. Just a small room sort of thing with shower and hotplate + tiny fridge. You might get a deal on one of those over a period of time, but with Feb hols coming up it'll be tough. don't say you're looking for a job though as they won't let to you anyway! (Too many past saisonnaires damaging apartments). Good luck.

Sorry I missed the higher runs this afternoon - hopefully tomorrow. Very Happy
latest report
woohoo one week to go! looks like it'll be pretty good by next week! snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I cant wait until Saturday 27th Jan now, just want to strap on my snowboard and hit the mountain Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We had a really nice day today. The snow was good on the glacier and not bad at all to 2,600. Late in the day it was fine lower down on the gours but a bit sketchy at the very end of the schuss back to the Voute chairlift. We went up to 3,600m to look at the views, and here are mine - Kramer and Firefly will probably post theirs later
Three views from the top station (3,600m) the Barre des Ecrins; Looking across to Mont Blanc, and looking towards Italy:

Here are Kramer and Firefly on the bottom of the Dome run

In the afternoon we skied the bottom of the Echines des Chevres again with Mr Aztec and Achilles, and then went to ski the hidden valley, which was really good fun. Lots of narrow little gullies through the rock, and considering the rain etc that we'd had the conditions were not at all bad! Here's Mr Aztec with Achilles in the distance, lower down where it widens out. It gets narrow again after this.
snow report
Looks great, Im flying out tomorrow, cant wait !!! Whats the chance of the cannons being on lower doen if temps drop tomorrow ??
ski holidays
looking very very nice. Still haven't got to l2a yet but maybe this week will be the l2a road trip, i'll call you if we come!
latest report
kwakazx6r, If the temps drop the cannons will run as much as possible - we don't know when they'll rise again! Regardless of how much natural snow falls, it will be topped up as much as possible. Very Happy

snowangel., Do that - even if we don't get together, it would be good to say hello. Very Happy

It's much colder this morning, so I think the boot heaters are going in the boots before leaving the house today. Supposed to snow "quelques flocons" this morning, but big dumps looking hopeful for Monday onwards. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Smashing pics! Great stuff.
snow conditions
now that we've got safely home - looks like the thermocline is due to drop and likely to dump snow over the next week!! Typical. However, at least we had sunshine and the glacier runs were gr8. snowHead snowHead

have to try and get another week off work Smile !

frosty - sorry but really don;t think we;ll be at the EOSB - other commitments. Sad
snow report
I've got to say, after a bit of trepidation prior to my trip, I had a really good time, even managing to enjoy a little bit of off piste in firefly's company on our last day, thanks to easiski
snow report
firefly, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
Kramer, Very Happy

It was really a lot colder today and sort of lazy bits of snow in the morning. It cleared up from that, but we had fog rolling in and out on the Cretes all day. Cold, miserable - a bit like winter really! Shocked Shocked The boot heaters came out and were needed, so I'd better go and put them on charge for tomorrow. No pix as too many hours work and no snowheads! Sad
snow report
easiski has been spot on with her snow reports. Every now and then I have a week's skiing I know that I am going to remember a long time. Last week was one of them - and not just because I became converted to helmet wearing! Fantastic skiing - and, thanks to easiski, to my best standard yet. I'll drop some pictures in when I get some time - bit of a full in-tray right now.

Oh - the Missions turned out to be a great buy. Very Happy
snow conditions
Having spent a very pleasant week in the company of achilles, firefly, aztec, kramer (plus partners) and of course easiski I second all their comments. As already stated we had some great skiing and lessons with easiski. achilles did lead me astray in the bars at night though Toofy Grin

Just to prove there is some snow here is a shot I took down Les Cretes.

ski holidays
just looking out the window there seems to have been a few cm above 1900 m on Sunday.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy