Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes winter 2006-2007

Poster: A snowHead
JT, no we don't, we want storms until a week on Satuday, then sunshine.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CrashAce, erm - lived here 17 years - 30+ years teaching experience - sorry I think my life is too valuable to ski the Valentin at the end of the day. At least one person dies there every year! Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I'd just like some heavy snow at night and nice sunny, not too cold days please???? Snow felt silky at 2,400m but you could only just see one piste pole from the one before! All sodden jackets (from below) instantly froze! We'll wait and see tomorrow.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, so it's because of all the other people on it that you don't like it?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have to agree with easiski, on this. I have never seen so much chaos and carnage on a run as the last run of the day on the valentin. There were people falling and sliding down en masse in large groups, flying off the edge and uprooting and breaking the shrubs at the side of the run. One chap fell on his poles, snapped them in two and impaled himself on one of them. You can have a grandstand view of the fun if you return on the chairlift to le village apartment complex. It is by far the safer option. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pistemeister, glad I'm not the only one - nothing wrong with the run itself - 10.30 int he morning - great - after 15.30 in the afternoon - totally dangerous. As long as we have low snow there are lots of alternatives with almost no-one on them, and the chair (although you don't want to take the Village chair unless staying there) is infitintely preferable. Very Happy

Cold morning and fairly clear, but a red sunrise (I think as I only caught the end of it), so a warning .... At least if it snows it'll be good - no more rain please - fed up with drying gloves.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Point taken about the Valentin. I have to say that I never found it quite that bad on my last visit to L2A, but I can imagine it being the case.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Valentin is a shocker after 3pm, sadly. Heaving with incompetent punters. There seems to be a mentality of "I must ski the black run into town".I've seen many people standing there, only just off the crest, frozen to the spot with fear, and often crying! The top pitch gets scraped any icy very quickly, and its so steep that if you fall, you're going to slide a long way, probably into a tree/pole/someone else. That said, before the afternoon dash for home starts, its a nice route. A bloke died on it when I was there a couple of years ago - slipped on the ice at the top, slid all the way down, then rounded the job off with a heart-attack. None of the above is an exagerration, and Easiski tells it exactly as it is - Tres Dangereux!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulmck wrote:
I've seen many people standing there, only just off the crest, frozen to the spot with fear, and often crying!

A bit like Le Tunnel at the other place then?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds like the start of the race at the EOSB
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kramer, Although runs can vary depending on conditions, overall I'd say the start of The Tunnel is tougher - maybe because it has a more limited area to start off from. Also, IIRC, Valentin has an easier, pisted line one can take.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smokin Joe, Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A very pleasant day with ab fab snow on the Cretes, although icy at village level by 17.00. Snapped a few for you: Belle Etoile, Valentin and Posettes in that order from the Belle Etoile chairlift (going up)
However there were some curious cloud formations around this afternoon - here are two

and we had a really pretty sunset, so here are two pix of that too:

I'm not going up tomorrow, so that will have to last you till Sunday at least I'm afraid! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski wrote:

I'm not going up tomorrow, so that will have to last you till Sunday at least I'm afraid! snowHead

booo! your pics are one of the few things keeping me sane working nightshift! ahh only 21days till i'm out there snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski, just want to echo mark_20vt. We all really appreciate the time and effort you take to keep us informed on the conditions - thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
mark_20vt, Ray Zorro, thanks for the thanks. Very Happy Seriously, it is nice to know because it is sometimes a bit of an effort to do it. Very Happy Very Happy Currently sunny and fairly clear, but the high cirrus clouds are still around, leading me to believe the forecast that it will snow tomorrow! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
How can I not see the pics - turks ?
latest report
Smokin Joe, I just have a jumble of letters not a picture link as well Sad
snow conditions
great pictures Smokin Joe, Linds, Laughing rolling eyes
latest report
easiski, great pics!

I'd suggest the second and the last as possible ones for the 2008 calendar.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, true.. shame some snowHead s cant see them...
ski holidays
I'm not a happy bunny. Sad Sad
latest report
Hi easiski, I guess we all forget that you have to "live" as well as ski when you stay in a ski resort for months. I think I would not be alone on this forum with the view that every day lived in a ski resort is a day for skiing Shocked - but we are only there for one or two weeks at a time - so forget that days off are needed rolling eyes .

I am another who will miss "today's" photos but yes, yes, yes they are worth the trouble (from the perspective of we poor souls who are looking out of the window at drizzle and pining for the white stuff Sad ) so please, please, please keep them coming.
snow report
i can't see the pics either Sad
snow conditions
Smokin Joe wrote:
How can I not see the pics - turks ?

No, Specsavers. Toofy Grin
latest report
Linds, Smokin Joe, can you see this one:-

or this one:-

They're both the same piccy but the first is linked via snowmediazone's HTML code and the second is by BB code.
snow conditions
FenlandSkier, I can see the second one but not the first.
snow report
Just changed my profile to accept HTML and can see the light !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, excellent pics - we really appreciate your efforts.
snow conditions
I still cant see them Sad
latest report
Quote:

Just changed my profile to accept HTML and can see the light !

Smokin Joe, Me too Very Happy
snow report
easiski,

I always check out your snow reports and they are probably repsonsible for my impression that L2A has some of the best conditions througout the season so far.

Nobody would blame you if it was too much some times...but info on the ground is as good as it gets. I can't wait to have proper look around the place in winter, Many thanks

And I also think that pic is a contender. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Well, thank you one and all. (where's the take-a-bow smiley?) I have to say I think there are better pix in my album than the two yesterday, but the cloud formations were interesting.

Nick L, Yes - well - work, washing, shopping etc kind of get in the way of photo taking. It's a bit hard to ask non-snowheads (although I always try to convert them) to wait while I take a photo for the snow report! Shocked
snow conditions
Have a feeling their must have been a glitch,as all I could see were lines of code.....but now,having changed nothing,all is well Very Happy phew,thats a relief.
Having been to LDA a number of times,and going back there this March,I keep seeing bits I've skied.....happy memories.
Keep the piccies coming easiski, snowHead snowHead snowHead Some definate contenders for the calendar.
snow report
The reports are helping me keep sane and positive despite the best efforts of work to get me down Sad
Can't wait to get out of here and play in the snow for a whole week !!!!!!!!! Roll on sunday! snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
It was an odd day today weather-wise, with fog coming and going all day punctuated by hot sun. Deffo a bit warmer in the sun than ideal. Here are two pix:
Looking SW and
Towards the Fee

The forecast is for snow tomorrow, the only discussion is how much, and the slopes int he village are all fine (although conditions can be variable). Most peeps seem to have no problem skiing the face, although I haven't yet. Skied the bottom of Valentin at about 17.15 and it was mushy - yuk! However it appeaared to have snowed above 2,200m and the Deversoire was open for the first time this season (v. steep red into Thuit - new last year). Good snow at Cretes and above. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm starting to get really excited now.
latest report
i have been for the past week snowHead
snow report
Less than 2 weeks to go now before i go ! been checking your posts religously Easiski !
snow report
easyski poo-poo poo-poo poo-poo poo-poo!!!!!!! I LOST YOUR NUMBER WHEN I WAS IN L2A! im really sorry, was truly eager to meet you Sad

Anyway, The moment I arrived, I became very ill, (which is very special for me, never have I been that ill). consulted Dr. Bernard, got loads of pills and after 2 days of sleep, I was ready to hit the slopes Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy Loads of snow, Loads of newbish skiers, and had a great time there! I do think that the lift/skiing ratio can be improved, since you can spend hours in lifts without actually getting too do lots of skiing

Again, sorry easy! Valetin was easy btw NehNeh

Red
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy