Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes winter 2006-2007

Poster: A snowHead
brian, the fighting is always at New Year. We have to have extra police. Both the French and the Italians took defeat in the WC well when each beat each other (if you get my drift). Drunken english bums OTOH can fight anyone, anywhere, anytime, but usually each other! wink that poster was pretty rude wasn't it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It snowed down to about 2,100m last night, but it is warming up a bit, so although I believe it's still snowing the level is probably more like 2.400-600m now. However - a step in the right direction. Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 17-11-06 15:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski wrote:
I snowed down to about 2,100m last night...

All hail the great Snow God Easiski!! I knew you were more than just a ski instructor! Cool snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Red Leon, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yesterday we finally had some November weather, which was a really nice change. Not that I mind warm, sunny and pleasant mind you, but not at this time of year. It should be as it was yesterday, dark, damp, cloudy and generally mizzy. Very Happy so I was well chuffed to wake up and find this:

this photo shows La Grande Pente (where the LDA sign is) that I keep banging on about.

Of course the lower snow will burn off during the day, but it does look as though there's been more than a dusting above 2,200m. All to the good - now lets's deal with those temps for the next few days....
Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In another thread, Davidof said about 25cms up on the glacier
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easiski, I was hoping the snow would arrive, as the rain had poured down here yesterday. Just got back from Gap, and the Devoluy hills have a dusting, as well as the ones in the direction of Serre Chevailer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.serre-chevalier.com/en/hiver/plus/webcam.html
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More snow is on the way for the next week,.....tuesday and wednsday,...en Friday looks terrific now in GFS.

I will be here en 2 Alps from 6 to 10 of december.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
metalhead132, Wow - then we must have a beer/coffee at least to say hello! How about the snow in your part of the world? Is it coming too? Paul S will be here on 6th, but driving back home at the end of the day, so maybe if you arrive before the end of skiing we can have an apres/avant ski drink! Very Happy

Although a very nice suny morning and midday, it was much cloudier higher up most of the day, and clouded right over just before dark. It might have been snowing further up the hill, but it's impossible to say. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah, it's coming too....

Pics of today:
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah, was thinking today as there was some snow falling in Northern Ireland (Ballymena Area) that there's bound to be some in that direction. The though of snow is getting me excited already and its 7 weeks until my trip to Alpe d'Huez.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
metalhead132 wrote:
More snow is on the way for the next week,.....tuesday and wednsday,...en Friday looks terrific now in GFS.

I will be here en 2 Alps from 6 to 10 of december.

Of course, If you will be there.....me too.... Laughing Laughing Laughing ...... wink wink

So WE will be there 6 to 10th december.

In Spain 6th and 8th december are holidays, so generally these days marks the season's start, and there are a lot of promotional offer to the Alps. For example. In Les Deux Alpes, 4night (4-people appartment) + 4 ski passes, all 140€ Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlTom, Well - I can see a mini-meet taking shape! Very Happy Perhaps we can get a special Catalonian chapter of Snowheads going? There seem to be more than a few. snowHead snowHead Cool
this is how it looked this morning
As you can see the lowest snow has burnt back, but I'm very encouraged by the amount still hanging around at 2,200m+ Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tonight more snow easiski, lowering to 1600m
Tuesday snow.
More on the way during the week.
ski holidays
easiski, Don't know about anyone else but it's great getting to see all these pics - and what a difference 5 days can make! There seem to be few snow reports out yet as the season hasn't started so real pics are just fantastic. Just hope it now doesn't warm up too much for all of us - looks like there are plenty of snowHead due there over the next few weeks. Smile
latest report
yes Late starter, , its good to see the photographs. Keep 'em comming easiski,

Thanks.
snow report
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy thank you, thank you all (now where's that bowing smilie?)
metalhead132, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Easiski, it's pissing down in Grenoble at the moment so hopefully there'll be more snow falling above LDA. The Belledonne look much nicer with the new snow.
snow report
Which is the snowreport today Easiski??? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

More on the way tomorrow.
latest report
I thought I heard rain in the night .... and when I woke up and opened the curtains I found this:Very Happy

it was very foggy early on, but then around 10.30 the fog burned off and I got to see this: Very Happy

Very Happy
latest report
Love that last piccie easiski! Right, that's 2 for next year's calendar Very Happy
latest report
eng_ch, Thanks, bit cropped as I only have a crappy camera, but I thought it was too pretty to miss! Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski, it's so great that you are still so excited after all these years - that's what I meant, on another thread, about people who do their jobs for love not money! Fantastic pics. snowHead
snow conditions
AlTom, Where do you ski in Catalunya? Was in La Molina last Christmas, not a bad place and handy to get to from Gerona, thinking of going back this New Year.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 20-11-06 18:04; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Peter Ross, ahem! I think the sig said Catalunya. Shocked Shocked metalhead132, is also from that region.

pam w, Having just finished doing my accounts and Tax Return, you'd better believe it's not for the money. Confused
latest report
maybe I missed your comments Charlotte, but what's the logo etched into the hill? Was it for "summer" use, or are they going to keep it up during winter?

Cheers,

Greg
latest report
easiski, I have made a quick edit! Embarassed
snow report
 brian
brian
kitenski, it's the curvy "les 2 alpes" resort logo, created by creative strimming I think, so with any luck it won't be visible much longer ....
ski holidays
kitenski, It is the old 1980/90's 2 Alpes emblem as was featured on all the publicity material until the 2 Alpes 3600 brand was introduced. Don't know quite how its done - always thought it was weedkiller or mowing really tight so the grass dies. Either way, its there all the time the snow isn't there, so presumably its outline must last the winter and they use it as a template in the spring to renew it. Perhaps they have to start again from scratch every spring with a large cutout or something.
The truth is, I don't know actually. Embarassed Charlotte might do though. wink
snow report
Nice piccies Charlotte - good to see the snow falling now in France, hopefully bucketloads to come Very Happy
ski holidays
Peter Ross wrote:
AlTom, Where do you ski in Catalunya? Was in La Molina last Christmas, not a bad place and handy to get to from Gerona, thinking of going back this New Year.

We live (metalhead lives in the same town........and until a few months ago he was living in the same home!!
NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh rolling eyes ) at less than 100km to La Molina (and the lift-linked resort Masella) but we never (last 4 years) ski in La Molina or Masella. They are very crowded resorts. Normally we do day trips to different resorts (Andorra or France), and specially if it's a good snow season in the Prepyrenees we go to the little Port del Comte.....at only 1 hour by car Shocked Shocked

But yes, we know a lot of differents resorts, I think that I wrote about it in another topic that talks about resorts visited for snowHead

If we have more than 2-3 days off we go to the Alps, Les 2 Alpes is only at 670km....... Sad so....in december if the snow conditions are OK, we will be there....ARRGGGG I can't wait!!
Embarassed
snow report
AlTom is my brother xDD rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
easiski, poetry in pictures Very Happy
snow report
In the last posts we argue about snow depths at higher altitudes, well, here the answer..... some guys tasted ths snow next to the Col du Lautaret (between Oisans and Ecrins, so between 2 Alpes and Serre Che):

http://www.skipass.com/forums/enmontagne/direct/sujet-75400.html
snow report
This is the Combeynot taken from just above la Grave yesterday around lunchtime, warm enough to sit outside on a cafe terrace though

latest report
kitenski, As Brian and Paul McK said, it's the old logo. they did something (I'm not sure what) to retart the grass growth in that area, and they strim it every year just before the summer opening. I think they can't change it now - which is a shame as the new logo and font is much nicer and much less 70's! there was one in between that logo and the new one, but it didn't last more than 2 years before the new one was invented.

It's raining in the town today, but with a temp barely above freezing it must be snowing not too much higher at the moment. Not worth taking a photo at the moment though - misty and gey - yuk, but good yuk!

AlTom, metalhead132, Aahhh - brothers!! Very Happy
ski holidays
AlTom wrote:
less than 100km to the lift-linked resort Masella

is that where Chicken Tikka comes from?
snow report
Easiski: Which are the opening conditions in early december??
Can we expect an opening from 2100m?? 30%-40% of the station??
ski holidays
metalhead132, It's a bit hard to say at the moment. The weather forecast is saying that it going to snow on and off for the next 2 weeks, but it also has the 0deg isotherm moving up and down the mountain like a yoyo. If I had to stick my neck out I'd say we'd be fine from 2,600, maybe 2,400 (bottom of the Bellecombe chair. It looks as though the cannons have been running on the Valentin (some areas are much whiter than others), so I suspect that they'll move heaven and earth to make it possible to ski to the Cretes and thence down to resort via the Valentin. we'll just have to wait and see what the temperatures do. Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy