Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Epic Ski Academy

Poster: A snowHead
NehNeh
(are we on our own on here 2nite?)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michelle, night? It's the middle of the day! wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will a snowHead be the first to sign up?! snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd LURVE to, ssh, but I think I ought to run this one past Mr B first! snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michelle, nah... It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ssh, I already signed up, but it was just to test the system!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssh, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The registration for ESA 2006 at Snowbird/Alta is officially available, now. Make sure that you note that you learned of it from snowHeads, since snowHead will receive a referral reward for each snowHead who registers. Come on, ya'll, and join us for next season!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ssh, you beat me to it! (although admittedly, I was asleep at 3.51am today)

http://esa.epicski.com/main.shtml
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've just registered although Deb's not sure if she wants to come or not - I can't believe that she's dithering when I'm paying!

Had a technical hitch though as just after I submitted my Paypal payment the site crashed on me. The Paypal transaction has gone through ok but I can't tell if the registration form was forwarded ok. I've emailed the academy & ask them to check.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jon, it went through OK.
As a note:
IF YOU ARE REGISTERING AND HEARD ABOUT THE ACADEMY THROUGH SNOWHEADS PLEASE MAKE SURE TO PUT "snowHeads referral" IN THE "I learned about EpicSki Academy through" BOX.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We revised the form. At the bottom is a place to tell us who referred you so that person (website) gets the $25 reward.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat, yep, I did tick the 'snowHeads referral' box in the drop down menu. Didn't put anything in the bottom box though as I'd already ticked the snowHeads box. Have I screwed it up?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, don't panic!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, it's the balance of the rest of the few grand I'm panicking about Shocked
ski holidays
Very tempted, but the cheapest flight is £450 at the moment.
snow report
Linds, it will come down. Smile
ski holidays
Linds, you'll have a great time, too... Ya'll c'mon! snowHead Cool
snow conditions
Looks like I'll be going to Epicski on my own as Deb has decided not to come. Mind you, to get a pass out for myself it's cost a trip to Capetown Shocked

If anyone fancies sharing accommodation, care hire etc let me know. I'm planning on going out on Sat 28th & then staying on for a few extra days after the Academy to ski some of the other resort (see previous post) - say a 10/11 day trip. I'm currently looking at flights with Delta & United from London through Air Miles as I've 8000 miles to use & that's enough for the round trip Very Happy
ski holidays
I can't make it but those that do will love Alta/Snowbird.
We went there (+ Park City, Deer Valley & The Canyons) at 1/2 term.
Alta/Snowbird were the best (the others were good too).
Having looked into flights in detail I would suggest Delta via Cincinati. Much better connections than Atlanta, much quicker to clear immigration etc.
Do rent a car, not expensive in the context of your trip, you will regret it if you don't as Alta is a bit "nowhere" up a canyon road, lots to do/see/buy in Salt Lake City just 30 mins away.
We paid £385 and that was booking flights in January (don't ask why so late...total cock-up by me) via Trailfinders.
snow report
spyderjon, I might be interested. Are you a sound sleeper?
snow report
rungsp, Thanks for the flight conection advice.

Kramer, Why, are you a snorer?
ski holidays
Those of you staying after the ESA may be interested in sticking around for the Gathering.
latest report
So, it has been a day of bad news, I thought I would give some good news...
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?p=313062#post313062
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, Most excellent snowHead
ski holidays
Shocked Ooo errr!

i think I'd be too intimidated to ski Embarassed
snow report
marc gledhill, he's an instructor! (and a very decent bloke too)
ski holidays
Fox, I'm fairly intimidated by instructors anyway.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, where do you fly to for snowbird and are there direct flights from uk/how long is the whole journey? Do you know how cold it is there at the ESA time of year? I went to Breck in Jan some years ago and I don't think any human <8yo would have survived on the slopes.
ski holidays
slikedges, I'll probably fly Gatwick/Minneapolis/Salt Lake City, it was the cheapest last year, at around £320. I don't think there's any direct flights to SLC, but several airlines go there - United/North West/Delta...
Total travel time from Gatwick to the resort is around 14-16 hours. (SLC airport is about 45minutes from Snowbird)

The last ESA in Snowbird, the temp was around -10 to -15C. I've been in Colorado when it's been very cold (-35C), I think the coldest I've had in Snowbird was around -20C
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, I take it the Lodge at Snowbird is the most ski convenient, but just how far would I have to carry my 3 kids' skis?
ski holidays
slikedges, The Cliff Lodge is the closest - it is ski-in/ski-out.
The Lodge at Snowbird is about a 2 minute walk (with kids) to the "Snowbird Center", i.e. the main building complex.
http://www.snowbird.com/pages/shared/viewer.php?category_id=0305
latest report
Aahhh! I missed that on the ESA page so didn't look at it on the Snowbird page. And I couldn't find that map either! Thanks. It's now a definite contender for my 2/52 in the snow!
ski holidays
Quote:

Linds, you'll have a great time, too... Ya'll c'mon!

OMG, ssh, You better be right cos I have just gone and booked my place Shocked
Wear The Fox Hat, Are you sure its too early to start packing? Laughing

(I hope I did the referal bit ok so snowHead gets the referal fee?)
snow report
Linds, I'll make sure your referral goes to snowHead!
snow report
Linds wrote:
...I have just gone and booked my place

Whoopee, another victim.
snow report
Hi Guys,

I'm considering the idea of doing the ESA but after looking on the ESA web site I noticed the dates are different to those stated on here on the first page of this thread. Does this mean they've sold out for your dates and are doing another the week after?
ski holidays
rockyrobin wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm considering the idea of doing the ESA but after looking on the ESA web site I noticed the dates are different to those stated on here on the first page of this thread. Does this mean they've sold out for your dates and are doing another the week after?

Rocky, the dates on page one of this thread are for the one in January 2005, not Jan 2006!
snow report
rockyrobin,

ESA 06 is as follows:

Sun 29 Jan - Welcome bash & registration
Mon 30 Jan to Thurs 2 Feb - Academy
Thurs 2 Feb - Closing bash

I thought you'll be Verbier?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, LOL, my thread skimming skills are doing me proud again! Cheers for pointing me in the right direction Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy