Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2023/24 Season round Up

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dec 1 - April 21 143 Days

minus

Getting out of town to Java -Indo during the Tourist Weeks (February)

So I guess approx 120 Day of Official Season

but Started on the hill in Late November & still Touring Late April/May

120 + 7 = 127 Days

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well played
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rob Mackley wrote:
....Interesting season , Loads of promise with heavy snowfall ruined by tropical rain , I sound like a broken record but the warm sectors in every front were 4c warmer than they should or usually are , El Niño or global warming we shall see next season....As an aside Snow depths in the high mountain on the alpine ridge are phenomenal.....

Yes agree with that totally; haven't quite given up on the season, so no stats just yet, but I do know that my cross-country was way down on previous seasons as there was simply not enough snow on the valley floor to make the pistes.

Yesterday's touring was a big disappointment as the new snow was dangerously heavy, not just slides but leg-breaking skiing if you got it wrong, no fun whatsoever.

And even with all that snow at altitude, temps again are the 4c warmer so FL's circa 3,000 curtailing any decent Spring snow below that.

Ski gear not getting put away just yet, but I am decamping South this weekend for hopefully some water-based activities.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it just me, or are our seasons starting and ending later? My first day was Jan 24th! But the spring skiing has been dynamite.

I guess it's time for the shovel and the golf clubs for a few months.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scooter in Seattle, I don't think so. Been going at Christmas for more than a decade and definitely not getting any less busy!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My seasons got later. Last century I'd be out at the start of November; now it's pretty sketchy most places even in December. On the other hand, at the other end of the season...

It's not just you.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
"At lower elevations, snowfall has always been highly variable from year to year. But there is still a clear downward trend as rain replaces snowfall, Samuel Morin, a research scientist at Météo-France, said. He has found that resorts at low elevation have lost about a month of ski season on average over the past 50 years, with the season starting about ten days later and ending 20 days earlier as melting begins. By comparison, in resorts at higher elevations of more than 2,000 metres, such as Tignes in France, there has been no major change."
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Minus 12 in the shade when I got to work this morning. Had to use my 4wd with a full complement of chainery on every wheel to get up the road.

Winter in the southern hemi is definitely incoming.

Also had to de ice the dunny seat for the morning constitutional Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hang11, Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Views are nice Very Happy

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hang11, is that from the dunny? Very nice indeed!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Outside the door. It does have walls Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@hang11, Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy