Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lessons cancelled ruined holiday. Anyone know Insurance rights?

Poster: A snowHead
Have you requested a refund on the unused ski passes? If not you should. If you explain the situation they may well refund them and will know they’ve not been used.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nevis1003, give your head a wobble! Really no need for your bad attitude towards the OP nor other SH trying to help.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is perfectly good ski tuition available in Megeve. The kind of resort people like depends on lots of things, not just whether they are beginners. But even in good years it's NOT a place to expect resort-level snow and, on the whole, eating is expensive (some of it vastly expensive - not many ski resorts have Michelin-starred restaurants). I suspect that there are only a fairly small number of skiers for whom Megeve is a really good first choice.

I have driven through Megeve many times over the years, and we always played "spot the mink coat" and "spot the little dog in a coat". Spotting both together got bonus points.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My husband has being snowboarding for 20 years so a small beginners resort probably wouldn’t work for the whole family in our case. Plus I have to say I have rather enjoyed the people watching in the evenings in Megève. It’s rather nice having something to do other than skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, @Flipjango, if you give as much info as possible about your likes and dislikes, you will get lots of helpful advice (and some unhelpful suggestions too) here on Snowheads.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Origen wrote:

I have driven through Megeve many times over the years, and we always played "spot the mink coat" and "spot the little dog in a coat". Spotting both together got bonus points.

Additional bonus points for Hermès handbags, and an instant win for a little dog in an Hermès handbag held by someone in a mink coat?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were quite shocked by the £12,000 dress in the window of Dior, and the £12m chalet for sale rolling eyes Shocked

Something to aspire to I guess!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Flipjango, yes, Megeve is another world from those of us who ski from over the hill. Or almost all of us actually.

Those shops are amazing. And the total beginners in fashion designer outfits. And then the fur coats etc - I have previously related this story but friends of ours who know a Megeve hotel manager (she has an apartment in their block) told us there was a thriving if discreet trade renting out fur coats and even lapdogs for rich visitors who wanted to fit in with the upmarket non-skier vibe.

Most ski resorts are not like that! I do hope you return and find a joy in skiing, probably somewhere less pretentious but then you would miss out on the people-watching.

(And the prices. Lunch on the hill is much more expensive on the Megeve side than the St Gervais side, you learn by your mistakes).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flipjango wrote:
@swskier, we’re only looking for Wednesday and Thursday- we leave early Friday. The only person on offer when I search is £200 and hour. Our original classes were half that.

You have to forget the original cost and decide if you think it’s worth the new cost?

This is one of the reasons I’ve persuaded the two beginners we are taking to have lessons before - worse comes to worse they should have been able to ski - as it turns out one will be fine, already skiing with confidence from top of snow zone and turning nicely - the other I’m not so sure about, but she already said that she’s just thankful for the holiday and if it doesn’t gel she’ll read a book Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
nevis1003 wrote:
Layne wrote:
To be fair I've always found @nevis1003 to be a complete arse and best ignored.

Only a total dick would have 18000 posts on an internet forum....

Thanks for clarifying Layne's opinion.
Al't best

I see you've got 35000 posts, WTF get a life...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@nevis1003, I see you spend time viewing how many posts folks have made on a skiing forum, and then take the time to make posts mocking them.
Get a life, nobody cares.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Last post on this thread was three weeks ago. Why bother reviving this now?!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
…ah…are you not inducted into the way in which SHs works? Set a ball rolling, and ….
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flipjango wrote:

Because someone on the Internet slighted them Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flipjango wrote:
Stop increasing your post count. Some may mock you.
snow conditions
@Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing

Oh fck that's another one on my count.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy