Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski in Mexico!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I’m planning to visit Mexico in late January with my family, and I would love to go for a ski tour. I heard that there are some amazing places to do so. I have looked online for information and came across some ski resorts that seem promising, such as La Malinche Ski Resort, Nevado de Toluca Ski Resort, Iztaccihuatl Ski Resort, and Pico de Orizaba Ski Resort. They all offer different levels of difficulty, scenery, and services.

Has anyone been to any of these ski resorts before? If so, how was your experience? How much does it cost, and what do I need to bring?

I would appreciate any advice or recommendations from fellow skiers who have tried skiing in Mexico. Thank you in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looked at doing Nevado de Toluca.

Kinda easy to get to.

Bit it's tiny, sits at 10-15k feet, and only gets a few weeks of snow in Dec to Feb.

Good for volcano hiking.

Be great if you can circle back and post a trip report.

A lot of folks on here will be interested.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitegold wrote:
Looked at doing Nevado de Toluca…….

…..A lot of folks on here will be interested.

I really don’t think they will. Especially if you’re going to be there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not resorts, but legit

https://www.powder.com/stories/volcano-skiing-mexico
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold wrote:
Looked at doing Nevado de Toluca.

Kinda easy to get to.

Bit it's tiny, sits at 10-15k feet, and only gets a few weeks of snow in Dec to Feb.

Good for volcano hiking.

Be great if you can circle back and post a trip report.

A lot of folks on here will be interested.

Yeah Nevado is kinda tiny. What is volcano hiking though Confused Like we hike at volcanic sites!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike Pow wrote:
Not resorts, but legit

https://www.powder.com/stories/volcano-skiing-mexico
I checked the article. It looks interesting though. Gotta finalize something soon
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I need to go the last minute check done. I have decided to get a local guide for better exploration of the area. I was looking for online sites, and found this one https://gowithguide.com/mexico/guides Do you guys know of any other alternative to this? I checked tripadvisor also, but that seems costly. Need to compare the prices.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
What is volcano hiking though
It's er, hiking (or ski touring) up volcanoes @ninetail! wink

Quote:
Like we hike at volcanic sites!
Lots of people do worlwide - including me and Mrs MA when we skied at Termas de Chillan in Chile a few years back. We went with a guided group and boot packed up an active volcano - smoke billowing from cracks in the ground as we went and a very strong smell of sulphur. It was a brilliant experience, followed by a fantastic descent on spring snow Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy