Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon MTN binding - product recall (+ Atomic & Armada...)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Salomon MTN binding - product recall - May 2022 to March 2023 production models.

This one seems to have come out very quietly (certainly compared to a maufacturer of climbing equipment who I work with who are very good at handling product recalls...).

https://www.salomon.com/en-gb/safety-notice

I am a huge fan of the MTN binding having skied them since they first were released, but did have one (from the production runs concerned by the recall) fail on me last March, very fortunately in a non-serious location.
A bit of a shame that Salomon seem to have kept this under the radar... When mine broke a friend of mine who is a Salomon ambassador told me that some of the French pro riders had had problems from early last winter. Seems like good fortune to me that noone died as a result of a binding failure, given the places that people will ski with these...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 28-10-23 10:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not under the radar at all. All Salomon retailers have been advised by email that required a read receipt. Salomon know which retailers had effected bindings so they also got a call from their rep. And the retailers (should) then know who purchased the bindings from them so can contact them. Only a few of these bindings are sold in the UK and IIRC none of them were affected. None of mine were.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon wrote:
Not under the radar at all. All Salomon retailers have been advised by email that required a read receipt. Salomon know which retailers had effected bindings so they also got a call from their rep. And the retailers (should) then know who purchased the bindings from them so can contact them. Only a few of these bindings are sold in the UK and IIRC none of them were affected. None of mine were.

OK maybe not under the radar for retailers, but certainly from a client point of view... (I don't know anyone in out here in France who has had a call/message about their bindings).
It also seems to me that the response time was very slow, given that the problem was known about already middle of last winter...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not just Salomon, sister brands Atomic and Armada too.

https://www.fall-line.co.uk/product-recall-ski-touring-bindings/

@offpisteskiing, If your intent is to spread awareness and prevent possible issues for users due to failure it may be worth changing the thread title to include Atomic and Armada.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is interesting. I have Meidjo 3.0 bindings and they just have a single spring, previous version had a very similar double spring.
A ski was knocked over, landing on the jaw on tarmac rather than snow. The rod broke off exactly as shown in the pic. Luckily after last run of the trip whilst washing salt off skis.
It was simple enough to fit a new jaw once I had replacement parts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Same issue with phantom tech toes for split boards- which are re branded Salomon on an adapter plate I think.

I have had this happen on a couple of sets, but less consequential for a splitboard, given it's only used for going up. Pain in the back bottom though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Posted on the 20th September

https://pistehors.com/A3yhsYoB1g7SdbHcs-lq/recall-for-salomon-pin-bindings

You just need to read the right websites
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy