Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski instructor for my daughter with Down Syndrome - French resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am after some recommendations for a ski instructor for my daughter who is 8 and lives with Down syndrome. I am interested in probably the larger french resorts 3 valleys, val d isere, Morzine, Avoriaz. She had a great instructor a few years ago at Val d isere, Phillippe but I think he has retired. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
turbotortoise wrote:
Hi I am after some recommendations for a ski instructor for my daughter who is 8 and lives with Down syndrome. I am interested in probably the larger french resorts 3 valleys, val d isere, Morzine, Avoriaz. She had a great instructor a few years ago at Val d isere, Phillippe but I think he has retired. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Phillippe retired - if he has then must be for this coming season as he has been around last Winter. If you go to the larger French resorts then Oxygene generally (e.g. La Plagne) are a good adaptive centre for instruction! I can also recommend Woodie here in Val d'Isere at Progression as I believe he works quite a lot with people with Downs... could be wrong though. Whilst I have done my adaptive teaching qualifications and teach in Val d'Isere I dont have experience working with Downs pupils personally.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BTW turbotortoise welcome to SH's
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Steve Angus for the quick reply. I could well be wrong and Phillippe is still going strong. He was terrific with our daughter a few years ago. Thanks for the tip about Oxygene and Progression. I am thinking of somewhere other than Val d'Isere but its such a great place its hard to say no.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@turbotortoise, give New Generation in the 3 valleys a try.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@radar thanks for the tip !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
turbotortoise wrote:

Try with this one:

eSF

BLANQUART Lilian

moniteur de ski et de snowboard

ski and snowboard instructor

(+33) 7 61 85 23 08

lilian.blanquart@hotmail.fr

We have a daughter also Down Syndrome. Quite good skier and we have our instructors in Spain. However, not sure to take her to Tignes. I met him in a gondola during the 2023 PSB. I asked him if he knew about instructors for Down Syndrome’s and ge told me ge is certified for ski instruction to physically and mental disabled persons.

I hope it helps.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
agustin wrote:
turbotortoise wrote:

Try with this one:

eSF

BLANQUART Lilian

moniteur de ski et de snowboard

ski and snowboard instructor

(+33) 7 61 85 23 08

lilian.blanquart@hotmail.fr

We have a daughter also Down Syndrome. Quite good skier and we have our instructors in Spain. However, not sure to take her to Tignes. I met him in a gondola during the 2023 PSB. I asked him if he knew about instructors for Down Syndrome’s and he told me he is certified for ski instruction to physically and mental disabled persons.

I hope it helps.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @agustin for the reply. That is really useful. We have ended up booking skiing at Meribel. And have found an instructor with New Generation who has experience with kids with Down syndrome. So I will give that a go. But I will also keep your contact Lilian Blanquart in my list as a back up. Thanks again!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
turbotortoise wrote:
Thanks @agustin for the reply. That is really useful. We have ended up booking skiing at Meribel. And have found an instructor with New Generation who has experience with kids with Down syndrome. So I will give that a go. But I will also keep your contact Lilian Blanquart in my list as a back up. Thanks again!

Send me here or in private the contact details of your instructor. It is always worth having some of them in the agenda
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy