Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

IASI L1 Adaptive Course

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There will be an IASI L1 Adaptive Course running at The Snow Centre, Hemel from 17th - 22nd September.
The course can be booked through Alpine Coaching website https://alpinecoaching.eu/isia-instructor-course

If you have questions or need more information, please ask!
I'm happy to help Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SaraJ, fancy a pre season course at Hintertux over a couple of weekends requiring no need for annual leave?? Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@swskier, If we can get enough people interested there'll be one around the end of Nov. beginning of Dec. in Hintertux. Though it wouldn't be split over 2 weekends.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We need one more booking for this course to run...
Do you know anyone who might be interested? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SaraJ, sorry to go off topic. My daughter has been in Whistler almost a year doing her first ski season working as an instructor but doing a lot of adaptive teaching, having done a week's course over there in adaptive. She has BASI 1 and subsequently done CSIA level 2 out there. This year she is doing solely adaptive for this season in Whistler. Would she have enough qualifications to do adaptive in UK if and when she returns (not that I think she will Very Happy Crying or Very sad )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@boabski, Does your daughter have adaptive qualifications, or are the L1 and L2 both alpine?

I'm not sure about the job market in the UK for adaptive. I'm pretty certain that DSUK require their instructors to be adaptive qualified. However, there are several voluntary organisations who are happy to have people who can ski, who also have adaptive experience. Of course, in these cases it would be on a volunteer basis - think local groups meeting once a month for a few hours.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SaraJ, thanks
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The next IASI L1 Adaptive course will be on 14th - 19th January in Hochfügen in Austria.
There's more information here https://www.skicheck.at/iasi-adaptive-qualification-courses/
Also, the following week 21st - 26th January will be a L2 course.
If you have any questions... Please ask Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll be there! snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Chris_n, I just read your post in the Bar about your son piloting a sit ski and was wondering if he would like to learn more.
I don't want to presume anything about your son... If he would like to learn more about teaching adaptive skiing we're running a course 14th-19th January in Hochfügen (not so far away from where you live! )
Give me a shout if you'd like more info.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SaraJ wrote:
@Chris_n, I just read your post in the Bar about your son piloting a sit ski and was wondering if he would like to learn more.
I don't want to presume anything about your son... If he would like to learn more about teaching adaptive skiing we're running a course 14th-19th January in Hochfügen (not so far away from where you live! )
Give me a shout if you'd like more info.

Thanks for the offer but I believe he is going to do the module via the Tiroler Skilererverband as all of his qualifications are with them anyway. I will mention it but taking time out during the season is difficult as he is normally our top adult group instructor (especially when the group is very fast and needs a real challenge) or depending on dates may be with DSUK.
He did some work last year with a couple of instructors from Alpbach (there are quite a few that do this at one of the ski schools) when the DSUK group couldn't use Brit pilots due to Brexit. Perhaps the biggest difference yesterday and the rest of this week is the quality of the ski he is driving, it is like a Ferrari compared with the Fiats he drove last year.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Chris_n,
Quote:

I believe he is going to do the module via the Tiroler Skilererverband

I looked into that, but there were never any courses running. I did the Ausbildung von Instruktoren für Behindertenskilauf through the BSPA to see what they did differently from what I'd learnt. It's always interesting to see what tools and tricks people use.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy