Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2023/24 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This “Pension Schattbergstube” has got me flummoxed. Perhaps it’s owned by the Kendler family, who may have named it after their restaurant in the middle of Saalbach?
But the mountainside behind holds clues as to its location. It doesn’t look like any of the mountains around Saalbach, but it could be the Reiterkogel at Hinterglemm, or it could even be at Viehhofen.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm thinking the picture is from the backside, as seen when you walk out of the Xpress and across a couple of parking spaces to get to the road down to Bobbys

Google maps street view shows this:

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ousekjarr, I don’t recognise the row of windows on the ground floor, or the view of the Bernkogel mountain in the background. (I’m currently in Brexitland, so can’t check.)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tatmanstours, @ousekjarr, I could have done this from the start but just assumed someone with better S/H knowledge would recognise it immediately. A different colour but a reverse image search throws up this place quite a lot and the shape/ windows seem similar. The Hubertus In Zell am See!

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ousekjarr, at the back is the terrace straight from the restaurant looking at the Schattberg express, on the other side is gold + pepper

The path takes you past the snack bar on the left, then the terrace of the Schattberg Stube, then the steps down and the path that goes between Schwips and Gold + Pepper and the step free access into the Xpress

It’s the extension that doesn’t fit with the Schattberg Stuben, it’s very strange
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@radar, I have emailed sunweb to confirm but I think everything except the solar panels and a lick of paint match the Hubertus In Zell......

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 26-04-24 15:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@toyah807, judging by the growth of the hedge the photo they have is pretty old!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@toyah807, impressive research, would agree with your assessment, the background to the left matches.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@radar, agreed, very odd - and of course Sunweb don't say where it is, but they do state that it is "located right near the lift" and in the photo if you zoom in then you can see on the left hand side there is a lift building which says "Bergbahnen" in orange on a white wall. If this is indeed in Saalbach, and they say it is within 100m of the lift and within 50m of a supermarket, there's very few options which fit. Plus it says there's a restaurant zero metres away.

@toyah807, the reverse image search is misleading - Austrian architecture is pretty much identical in many places, and in any case the first two matches I get are for a Dutch site showing the same building and details, and Hotel Mödlinger in Söll... Hubertus has a significant hedge which is 10+ years old, so unless the Sunweb photo is very old and in the meantime they've changed the colour of the house, installed 8 solar panels, planted a hedge and moved it 50m back from the road to make a carpark, it's a different but similar building
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd say the photo on the Sunweb page is very old - and is indeed the same building as the one purporting to be the Hubertus in Zell. The flat-roofed building to the left (which is the City Express lift in Zell am See) and the blue building in the background to the right are the same in both photos, and the windows, both in number and in size, are the same in both photos. A quick look at the Hubertus' website confirms the location. It is certainly not the Schattberg Stuben in Saalbach.

Meanwhile, if @toyah807 is thinking of booking the Schattberg Stuben I can confirm that it is indeed pink and has a bar and restaurant on the ground floor, and is in a great location right next to the Schattberg Xpress lift in the centre of Saalbach. It is almost ski-in ski-out - coming down the black on the Schattberg side you have to walk over the bridge to cross the road; if you ski down Bernkogel, the little side piste just before the Soul House comes out almost directly opposite the house.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I have had a reply from Sunweb to say the accommodation is definitely in Saalbach and that it is online, so I am guessing that it is indeed the Schattberstube accommodation but maybe with an incorrect picture (i agree that even the blue building in the picture matches one in Zell). Sorry to have taken up so much of the thread, but if anyone is passing through Zell and doesn't mind popping in to ask......
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@toyah807, What's to ask in Zell?
The photo on the Sunweb site is definitely not the Schattberg Stuben in Saalbach. That building has a different shape and size and has been pink for as long as I can remember, and the background buildings and mountain (from whichever angle) don't match the location in Saalbach.
The two photos (the "white-painted" version and the "yellow" version) are almost identical and match the photo on the Hubertus' own website, with the Zell City Express lift station clearly visible on the left in all of the photos.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy