Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best place to borrow or rent a mono ski at a ski resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm hoping to go mono-skiing (sit-skiing) again having been off the slopes for over a decade. Preferably France but open to anywhere in Europe. I'd really appreciate some advice on places where I can (a) borrow or rent a mono ski, (b) ski from the hotel or easily from a car park, and (c) find accessible accommodation. I've seen La Plagne and Serre Chevalier mentioned on older threads - but any details would be enormously helpful. I also found this place in Austria https://www.weisseespitze.com/en/accessibility/accessible-holiday-region/ but it looks v expensive. Does anyone know any other options? (I'd rather not have to borrow a mono-ski in the UK and then have the hassle of taking it on a flight). Many thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would pick somewhere then ask the Tourist Office if they know a ski shop that has a sit-ski to rent.

La Plagne just seemed to be where most of the French adaptive skiers were based and at one time had a lot of adaptive instructors.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My bro uses a sit ski. We did la plagne a few years back and recently have been doing Austria. Zell am see once and several times now to Mayrhofen. Mayrhofen is good with the penken gondola. We left the ski at the top each day and lifted it each morning. Lift operators all pretty good and slowed the lift down to get on and off.

https://www.tyrol.com/things-to-do/barrier-free/monoski-areas

Rental company - https://praschberger.com/monoski/ they delivered to the hotel and when we left you can leave the ski in reception and they will collect it. Hotel strass 50m from the lift too. We just go and as there is a group we make it work. He has a lesson in zell am see and one in la plagne for a day. Now we just go and ski, he can do any run the rest of us do. Mostly blue and red. If you need more info just shout and I can get the bro to answer you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Stu.B, I didn't see this when you first posted...
The hotel that you linked to is great for accessibility in the hotel, however, it's a bit out of the nearest village, so no options for nightlife or restaurants etc. that are easy to get to. It's also probably about 30 mins. drive to any skiing.

As @mrabaird, mentioned above, you can rent monoskis from Praschberger.

I teach adaptive skiing in Hochfügen in Zillertal, Austria. There are a handful of hotels there and it's possible to ski directly from the car park.
Although similar to as posted above, in Austria a lot of the skiing starts at the top of a gondola above the village. From my experience of teaching adaptive here, the lifties are happy to find somewhere to store a sit ski overnight at the top station and are usually pretty helpful if you need it when getting in and out of gondolas in a wheelchair.

I hope my reply isn't too late to be useful!
If you need more info. give me a shout.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sestriere, Italy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Serre chevalier have a foundation. Certainly used to hire a sit ski I can ride with my daughter at nominal cost. Contact ESF 1400.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy