Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shin splints advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Only in the left leg and they are killing me whilst skiing. Started to appear after a surgical intervention (IM nail). I tried anti-inflammatory cream and boot fitting/insoles to no avail.

Any first hand advice how to overcome (or relief) this?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@tony(mo)fo, are you sure it's shin splints and not the boot/sock/something else rubbing? Is there any redness/inflammation/bruising after skiing?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stop running on concrete
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tony(mo)fo, and have you checked it's not more directly related to the IM device?

Are shin splints, in a classical sense, often due to skiing? (although shin pain from boots definitely is). I was advised one season to shave my shins as it was the shin hairs being pulled that was causing a problem.

I.e. worth checking with your surgeon?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you for the replies - they happen when running as well so not ski-specific.

I have given up on running altogether (I was never a good runner anyways) and swim daily instead.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@tony(mo)fo, and have you checked it's not more directly related to the IM device?

Are shin splints, in a classical sense, often due to skiing? (although shin pain from boots definitely is). I was advised one season to shave my shins as it was the shin hairs being pulled that was causing a problem.

I.e. worth checking with your surgeon?

Did "shaving" work for you?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tony(mo)fo wrote:
Thank you for the replies - they happen when running as well so not ski-specific.

I have given up on running altogether (I was never a good runner anyways) and swim daily instead.

I've only had a minor case but I did toe tapping which helped me, otherwise I guess go see a physio?

https://www.womensrunning.com/health/30-second-exercise-prevent-shin-splints/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:
tony(mo)fo wrote:

I've only had a minor case but I did toe tapping which helped me, otherwise I guess go see a physio?

https://www.womensrunning.com/health/30-second-exercise-prevent-shin-splints/

Thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy