Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ACL repair - surgeon recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads,

I finally got to go skiing for the first time and I’m now hooked. The only problem is that on the last run, of the last lesson, on the last day, I had an awkward low speed fall and have bust my ACL as well as stretching my LCL and other MCL.

I need to be able to travel for work and want to get back to normal activities as soon as possible – skating, bouldering, mountain biking, etc, etc... I know it is a long recovery period, so if I can shortcut that by avoiding the 4-6 months waiting list for surgery, I’m lucky enough to be able to pay to achieve this.

So, I have been recommended this group and I’m looking for recommendations for surgeons in the South East, around Sussex, that are experienced in ACL repairs in those of us who don’t want to stop having fun and want to get back to skiing again.

Thank you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@KristinH, Jonathan Bell at Wimbledon clinics, he is also on snowheads. Not sussex but surely worth travelling a little bit if necessary? Do a search and you'll see loads of advice and recommendations
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you very much, I'll look him up!

I did try a search for "ACL" and "Surgeon" on here but there were thousands of results!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@KristinH, I would not want to suggest for an instant that the esteemed Jonathan Bell of this parish was not a great choice, but if central London's easier, a friend had a knee replacement done by Prof. Fares Haddad, http://www.fareshaddad.co.uk/knee-menu/acl/, and she was very pleased with the outcome.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also Thank you! I'll look him up too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@KristinH, you could look at Mike Moss who is Chichester based.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think I've already seen him on one of the websites I've been looking at, Thank you. I'll put an enquiry in there too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KristinH wrote:
Thank you very much, I'll look him up!

I did try a search for "ACL" and "Surgeon" on here but there were thousands of results!

Try Search using posts by Jonathan Bell rather than key words
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@KristinH, also, you can restrict your search to title only?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Johnathon Bell seems to have form

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/advice/harsh-reality-bouncing-back-slopes-mid-life/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonathon Lavelle - https://www.cromwellhospital.com/find-a-consultant/jonathon-lavelle-consultant-orthopaedic-surgeon/. Recommended to me by Dr Al in Val d'Isere. Was Chelsea FC's go to knee doc, and his bio speaks for itself.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Poshprop wrote:
Johnathon Bell seems to have form

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/advice/harsh-reality-bouncing-back-slopes-mid-life/

I did Jonathan's "Return to Skiing after Injury" day in 2013 - Abigail Butcher was also there and I think wrote about it at the time
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you everyone. Lots of enquiries in progress now.
Cheers!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@KristinH, Jonathan Bell at Wimbledon clinics, he is also on snowheads. Not sussex but surely worth travelling a little bit if necessary? Do a search and you'll see loads of advice and recommendations

Thanks
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@KristinH,

Hi
Even if you chose to see someone else if you have any immediate questions do ask away.
Always happy to help.
snow report
This guy is also top notch - works on a lot of pro-rugby knees, which is why I went to him and he did a great job on mine. Works as far south as Ashtead by the look of things.

https://www.parkside-hospital.co.uk/consultant/mr-rhidian-thomas/
latest report
Are any of the above recommendations accessible via an NHS referral, or do they all work as private consultants only. Is there any easy way to confirm this (i.e. some form of open register) without having to contact each consultant and potentially waste their time with a mundane question?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy