Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ex-demo Blizzard, Nordica, Volkl, Scott, Dynastar & Whitedot skis for sale

Poster: A snowHead
In the past Scott UK have kindly given snowHeads first dibs when they were selling off their demo skis and a number of snowHeads got superb deals on their ex-demo skis that were sold after the last EoSB, many of which were 18/19 skis that still haven't yet hit the shops!

Last weekends Oktobertests were the last outing for the following 18/19 Scott demo skis and snowHeads are again being offered them first so you have until 5pm on Tues 16th Oct to buy after which Scott will be offering any remaining skis to the trade (which is unlikely as they should all go).

UPDATE 29.10.18: All of the remaining Scott ex-demo skis have now been sold to the trade.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here’s the list of ex-demo Whitedot skis that are now available to purchase. There's only one of each item and the skis are supplied in the flat without bindings and the prices shown are collected from my Nottingham store with UPS shipping within the UK available at £25 (excs Highlands, Islands & remote areas). Unless otherwise stated the skis have been drilled for a Marker Jester/Griffon demo bindings (the 2012-2017 model with the worm drive tracks). The Marker demo bindings are available for purchase at an additional cost of £85.

ALL SOLD
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the list of 18/19 Dynastar ex-demo skis:

ALL SOLD

Prices are collected from my Nottingham store or they can be UPS shipped within the UK for £25 (excludes Highlands,Islands & remote areas). You'd be buying unseen but the skis are in excellent condition as they've only ever been skied at a few demo events. The skis will be available for collection/shipping mid November. Offered first come first served so PM me if interested.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here’s the list of ex-demo Volkl skis that are now available to purchase. There's only one of each item and the prices shown are collected from my Nottingham store with UPS shipping within the UK available at £25 (excs Highlands, Islands & remote areas).

ALL SOLD
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here’s the Nordica 18/19 ex-demo skis that are available. You'd be buying unseen but the skis are in excellent condition as they've only ever been skied at a few demo events. There's only one of each item and the prices shown are collected from my Nottingham store with UPS shipping within the UK available at £25 (excs Highlands, Islands & remote areas).

ALL SOLD
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here’s the Blizzard 18/19 ex-demo skis that are available. You'd be buying unseen but the skis are in excellent condition as they've only ever been skied at a few demo events. Unless stated here's only one of each item and the prices shown are collected from my Nottingham store with UPS shipping within the UK available at £25 (excs Highlands, Islands & remote areas).

I'm still awaiting the lengths some of the skis and will post these as soon as the rep's back from holiday.

ALL SOLD

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 17-12-18 22:23; edited 39 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And Blizzard & Nordica ex-demo follow soonest.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 17-10-18 12:31; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you get any Dynaster speedzone 12 in 174cm, which I loved at last years Oktobertest, I would be very interested in buying them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:
And Dynastar, Blizzard, Nordica & Volkl will also be giving snowHeads first refusal on their ex-demo skis for which I'll be getting the specs/prices in the week.

Exciting! Notifications enabled just in case there's a too good miss offer on snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any FIS SLs? (Not holding my breath) .. Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
897sma wrote:
If you get any Dynaster speedzone 12 in 174cm, which I loved at last years Oktobertest, I would be very interested in buying them.

Sorry but the Speed Zone 12 in 174cm has already been reserved but there's a 182cm if you want to man up?!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
Any FIS SLs? (Not holding my breath) .. Happy

I'll be putting up the Dynastar list later today but there's a Dynastar Speed WC FIS SL c/w R22 race plate & SPX 12 Rockerflex bindings in both 157cm & 165cm lengths. Presume you'd want the 157? wink Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@spyderjon, cheeky!

I found myself overpowering her Ladyship’s 155 Dobermans... wink

Might be interested... if I can get away with it!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, Get the 157s. What made you feel that you were overpowering the 155 Nordicas ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I d be interested in a pair of skis.......currently on Volkl AC50's 178cm, so something similar or better
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would be interested in some Mantras if they come up.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any WD Rags Jon?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What Doberman Spitfires will you have?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@spyderjohn, I would be interested in the Volkl Deacon 74 (173) if they become available
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just confirmed with Whitedot that a number of their demo skis will now be available as well. Should have their list in a day or two.

Markymark29 wrote:
Any WD Rags Jon?

@Markymark29, The Rag CL demo skis (with the excellent Tyrolia Attack 2 13 MNC demo bindings) were brand new for the last EoSB so may not be available but I'll let you know if they are.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 13-10-18 11:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Timc, [quote="GlasgowCyclops"], dunno yet. I'll put the list up as soon as possible.
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
And Dynastar, Blizzard, Nordica & Volkl will also be giving snowHeads first refusal on their ex-demo skis for which I'll be getting the specs/prices in the week.

If you get a pair of Völkl RTM79 in 170cm I'd be interested in those.
latest report
@rjs, cos I was way happier on my 165s. 155s just felt too short.

The 210 SGs however, were definitely, definitely tooooo loooonnnnnnggggg.
snow conditions
@spyderjon, would be interested in Dynastar Speed Master SL in a 173cm if they're cheaper than the Pro/Ambassador price.
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
Just confirmed with Whitedot that a number of their demo skis will now be available as well. Should have their list in a day or two....

Flippin eck...just when I thought my off piste days were over Razz
snow report
Would be very tempted by th Dynastar Instense 10’s that I tried at the ski test.
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
897sma wrote:

Sorry but the Speed Zone 12 in 174cm has already been reserved but there's a 182cm if you want to man up?!

They’re already as tall as me at 174!
snow conditions
Wonder if there are any Dynastars for midgets. Not, of course, that I need any skis.
latest report
@spyderjon, anything cool that might interest me Jon. In the Scott or the others?
snow report
@spyderjon, very interested too in whats coming up. Been thinking about something for the missus such as black pearl. She's 163cm same level as skier as me.
latest report
@spyderjon, sent a PM.
snow report
Dynastar skis now listed at the top of this page.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 17-10-18 12:28; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
following now....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@spyderjon, purely out of curiosity, what is the difference between say, the Legend X84 and the W84? I can see they’ve got different bindings (lighter?), so is it just that, or also a top sheet change (more flowers?), or is there an difference in the construction etc?

(I’m assuming here that X stands for X-tra pro masculine and W is women’s not wobbly...)
ski holidays
Tempted, tempted, but I think my wallet wll be happier shopping at the Sallanches bourse aux skis...
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
@spyderjon, purely out of curiosity, what is the difference between say, the Legend X84 and the W84? I can see they’ve got different bindings (lighter?), so is it just that, or also a top sheet change (more flowers?), or is there an difference in the construction etc?

(I’m assuming here that X stands for X-tra pro masculine and W is women’s not wobbly...)

Scarlet, There's no difference between the actual X84 ski and the W84 ski other than the (condescending) top sheet on the W model. However the purchasing options are different between the two skis. The X84 can be purchased either flat, or flat mounted (by the retailer) with either the NX or SPX bindings or with the factory fitted Konect rail c/w either the SPX or NX rail bindings. Whereas the W version only comes with flat mounted (by the retailer) NX bindings or with the factory fitted Xpress rail c/w Xpress 11 rail bindings.

And, as usual, any ski purchased by Scarlet will also come c/w with a box of Oxo chicken stock cubes Toofy Grin
latest report
Shame the Legend X 88's didn't come up. In a 180 I kinda thought they stole the show.
snow conditions
@spyderjon, haha! Funnily enough, @modernnerd suggested it might be a ploy to sell me a new pair of skis every time I run out! wink

Tbh, I’m not a fan of any of the graphics. The X range is pretty dull, and the W range is, as you say, a bit overly girly but also a bit ten-years-ago Confused Nordica do a much better job.
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
@spyderjon, haha! Funnily enough, @modernnerd suggested it might be a ploy to sell me a new pair of skis every time I run out! wink

Tbh, I’m not a fan of any of the graphics. The X range is pretty dull, and the W range is, as you say, a bit overly girly but also a bit ten-years-ago Confused Nordica do a much better job.

I wish the dynastar “normal” skis were prettier but I’m not buying the women’s ones. I’ve said it before - white skis? Wtf? (I’m looking at the 96’s)
snow report
@Maireadoconnor, aren’t they just black with a bit of colour at the ends? I’ve only seen the online pic though, so they may look nicer up close I suppose. I can’t imagine you picking out a pair of floral skis to match your outfit, either Laughing
ski holidays
@Scarlet, Laughing I do have floral Scott Lunas with my telemark bindings but I’d rather they were more neutral.

Gämsbock ended up with boots with pink buckles from CEM this week. She’s not impressed! Although she knows well enough to not question Colin’s choices based on colour scheme.

The 96s are different from the 88s; I didn’t like how the 88s behaved. These are the ones that are white with delicate patterns:
http://www.dynastar.com/en-us/product/legend-w96
Imagine losing one of those in a snowbank? What a pain!
latest report
@Maireadoconnor, if you want an alpine rail binding then the ex-demo X96 is a great deal. However, if you've already got flat mounted alpine bindings or you want to mount a tele or touring binding then you might be better off buying a new X96 in the flat on the BASI 2 Pro deal as it'd be about the same price as the ex-demo ski but there'd be no risk of the existing mounting holes for the rail system clashing with your required mount(s) etc.
latest report
@spyderjon, I need to talk to you - didn’t get round to it last week. I’ll call you.
ski holidays
@Maireadoconnor, pink buckles?! The horror! Laughing She could probably solve the problem with a can of spray paint, though.

I haven’t skied the Legends, so I am in no position to comment on anything other than the colour. I was merely curious about how girlified the W model was compared to the X (why not an M?).
ski holidays
@Scarlet, because male is universal and female is special rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy