Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2018 - 2019 (Useful links are added to the first post)

Poster: A snowHead
johnE wrote:
........... It is shocking that I am known at 3 seperate bars in theis resort but at no pubs at all at home.

Sounds like you have Les Arcs sussed.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@johnE, it failed at 15:10 when I was on it. I had the impression that there was some sort of electrical cut-out tripping every time they tried to get it moving and that some form of backup was used to get us to the top.

Quote:
I spent today repairing the toilet in the apartment and recovering

The delights of having your own place!

Certainly up for a drink any day until Friday. I'll be out walking tomorrow but e-mail/text/phone should reach me! Perhaps we should meet up one day over in 1950.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnE wrote:
However the Arpette is closed which spoils my excuse for an afternoon stroll for a beer.

The Altiport is open, if that helps! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Alastair, Yes, I found out about the Altiport yesterday while strolling over for a beer in 1950.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi everyone! Just a quick update for anyone that is out here and has not yet heard.

Stage 20 shorten to 59km July 27 th 2019 - 01:17

Due to the difficult weather conditions expected on stage 20 and landslides noticed, the course has been modified. After taking off from Albertville, the race will use the N90 road to head directly to Moutiers to reach the planned route at the N90-D915 roundabout 36km from the finish. The start will be given in Albertville at 14.30 for a total distance of 59km. The KOM prize at the finish in Val Thorens remains.

For anyone wanting to go and watch. You need to drive down to Moutiers and park near the roundabout. Then walk up the road to Val Thorens and find a place to watch the riders go past or see it pass through town. The race starts 2.30pm in Albertville so the caravan will pass by about one / two hours before that time. Really a shame.

The weather here today is OK, but overcast right now with sunny spells , but more rain is forecast. I think I will watch it on the TV.

https://www.letour.fr/en/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fortunately we'd seen the news before heading into Bourg. Will watch from the comfort of the apartment while the storm rages around us. Locals thinking they may even cancel the whole thing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just uploaded a video I have made of the damage to the Isere in Bourg after the flood from a side river over on the Les Arcs Summer page. Take a look!!

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer/

Some of my friends watched it down in Moutiers and they told me there was no caravan!! Bet the kids were disappointed! I was lazy and watched it from home as I am doing now! Paris does look nice in the night sky with all the lights!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.igluski.com/news/new-la-folie-douce-les-arcs_a19736639

It would appear the rumours about the Folie Douce coming to 1800 are very much true
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wills_h wrote:
https://www.igluski.com/news/new-la-folie-douce-les-arcs_a19736639

It would appear the rumours about the Folie Douce coming to 1800 are very much true

Is this a good or bad thing or just a thing?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If I were twenty years younger I'd probably be very happy about it, as it is I see it as just a thing. Although I shall miss sitting outside the lodge with a glass of wine watching my young nieces practice on the small slope above it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just posted an update giving some contacts for the activities we have been doing over the past 7 days. Take a look on the Les Arcs Summer page for all the details. You can see from the new photos that the conditions improved very quickly after the storm past last weekend. Hope you enjoy the photos.
https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone remember what the price was for an adult 7 day les arcs (not Paradiski) ski pass was last season? I just took a look at the prices for the coming season and they seem to have jumped considerably, although I might simply be misremembering.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wills_h wrote:
Anyone remember what the price was for an adult 7 day les arcs (not Paradiski) ski pass was last season? I just took a look at the prices for the coming season and they seem to have jumped considerably, although I might simply be misremembering.

269 or 270 euro? Being lazy, could look but what is it this year?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@thefatcontroller, €342 for adults €274 for children. This is without the early bird discount applied. At least this is what the website is currently saying, I suppose it might be wrong.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The 'lesarcsnet' website hasn't been updated yet and says (for 2018/2019 season)
Quote:
Prices vary from €52 per day to €169 for a six-day adult pass for Les Arcs, and €60 per day to €305 for six days in Paradiski, with options up to 15 days, or whole season passes.

Suggests no dramatic increase.
ski holidays
The Peisey Vallandry website is quoting €342 for a week's adult pass for last season for Paradiski. You may even be looking at last season's prices!
latest report
Bah, the website is trying to make me look stupid! it's now saying €269 for a 7 day local pass for the coming season. I seem to have chosen the day they are undertaking maintenance and updating the website to start looking. As depending upon where you look it quotes different prices or simply says incoming.
latest report
Not that it takes a lot to make me look stupid.
snow report
Alastair wrote:
The Peisey Vallandry website is quoting €342 for a week's adult pass for last season for Paradiski. You may even be looking at last season's prices!

Sorry, I see you're talking about just a Les Arcs price. The same website quotes €312 for last year.
snow report
Well the Summer season is over. The lifts are closed and I have spent the last few days working and it is not much fun! Cannot wait for the winter!

If you are interested in seeing my last post of the summer season with photos of various activities we have been doing this summer and developments around Les Arcs please visit the Les Arcs Summer page.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer

Not much new to report from Les Arcs. The new Funi is running, look's nice, but not very practical. They are still working on the new buildings at the bottom and the new road bridge etc by the parking area. Bring a bungee if you do not want to hold your skis every day.

The pistes in various places have been widened and had snow canons added. Basically you can now ski to all stations on the Les Arcs side with snow canons on all the main linking pistes. I just hope they have enough water to use them all. A few other bits of construction going on at some lifts. More to follow on this in another post.

I am not sure why someone wrote 'it was a rumour' about Folie Douce. I confirmed way back last March that it was coming and the building is now nearly finished. They will have live music everyday, plus later sessions on Thursdays plus maybe another night. When I get a copy of the full programme I will share it.

For those that are wanting to start planning for next winter. Here are the lift dates and other links to get you started.

PARADISKI SKIING AREA OPENING
from 21/12/2019 to 25/04/2020

LES ARCS / PEISEY-VALLANDRY and the main La Plagne SKIING AREA OPENING
from 14/12/2019 to 25/04/2020

Lift pass link. On sale now.
https://www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski/en/forfaits_offre#offres

Official Les Arcs web page.
https://en.lesarcs.com/
snow conditions
I have now started the new thread for the Les Arcs 2019 - 2020 season. Please do not post here anymore. Make your posts on the new thread. Hope this helps everyone and enjoy next season.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3440335#3440335
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy