Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko

Poster: A snowHead
OK, So It appears that I have the opportunity to go to Niseko for a couple of days next Season.

The question is when?
I'm thinking early season.
So any SH got the lowdown on what the coverage and snowfall is like in mide December?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
January.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Early season will be quieter but you will miss out on the deep powder Niseko is so amazing for - Jan and Feb are the best months to visit in my opinion!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can find incredibly detailed snowfall records going back to 2002 here:

https://www.snowjapan.com/japan-daily-snow-weather-reports/Niseko-Now/snowfall-analysis
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never been but the consensus seems to be first week after the Australian holidays finish (usually start of Feb time) to avoid peak crowds and good chance of deep powder.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks gals Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
February.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
great post. I'm looking at heading out in mid December also. Last season's snowfall in December looked great, but it's unclear on what the base was like that earlier on.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
have a look at the www.ski.com.au forum - loads of Japan info on there
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
First snowfall (Hatsu Yuki) normally settles on Mt An'nupuri (the central peak of Niseko United) the last week of October / first week of November.

Niseko Grand Hirafu attempts to open on the last weekend in November to coincide with a national holiday.

More often than not there is uploading and downloading at this time, with skiing on the upper mountain only.

The snow machine kicks in at the start of December bringing an average of 3.5 m for the month.

By mid-December, all of Niseko United is normally open top to bottom, although much of the off-piste is still unskiable as the sasa grass (bamboo) hasn't fully filled in.

By month's end, there is normally a deep enough base for everything to be skiable, including the hike to 'The Peak'.

Some winters the above is a couple of weeks earlier.

A few winters the above is a couple of weeks later.

Niseko, Rusutsu and Kiroro have different weather patterns so if one resort is struggling the other(s) could be going off.

But if the snow has arrived early and in quantity, mid-December can be a great time to visit as it's prior to the big Christmas rush, and accommodation is cheaper and the slopes less crowded.

I've had some of my deepest days in mid-December

http://youtube.com/v/il2T4yaGHTY

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc5niPdnMc1/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=15086c4o6oj90

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 29-07-18 21:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mike Pow, thanks that is really insightful.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pleasure
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Midfebruary? Ir final January?

I have 2 options January from 20 to 31 or February 10 to 21.

I have been in January on 4 Times and it was fantastic experience, mid February? Few people new chineses year will be 5th of February but powder?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Should still be snowing 4-5 times a week in February.

08 February 2018
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfXxMk-nWm2/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=glz4129h4idk

19 February 2018
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfrMDAaneDQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1j9q9hsxp41na
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
looks superb, I can't wait......
latest report
Big news out of Niseko

NISEKO UNITED BECOMES IKONIC

The Ikon Pass announced this morning that they will be adding NISEKO UNITED to its pass for the upcoming 2018/19 winter season.

That brings the Ikon Pass offering to 33 destinations across 3 continents, and must be very welcome news for Thredbo based Ikon Pass holders.

"Japan’s mountains are a longtime bucket list destination for skiers and riders, and we are so excited to open up this part of the world to Ikon Pass holders, providing the opportunity to immerse themselves into the Japanese culture and snow."
- Erik Forsell, Chief Marketing Officer of Alterra Mountain Company

The Ikon Pass offers 7 days at Niseko United
The Ikon Base Pass offers 5 days at Niseko United with blackouts

For more information please visit the link below
http://www.ikonpass.com
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy