Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stretching and better warm up tips for quads

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a bit of an aversion to the body part removal, and growing new bits for me, you or anyone else.

Parts of my body are wearing out due to use nothing else, except cars I suppose I used to drive round London when I worked there on a motorcycle. Only once so far has a car came off the worse for hitting me than I have from being hit by it, and I was on a pavement at the time....

Sounds like you are making good progress, and with Docs that would appear from your post to be at the fore front rather than the barely passed the starting post that some appear to be.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clara_jo, some good information on that site, thanks!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat, my pleasure Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
obelix67 wrote:
I have a bit of an aversion to the body part removal, and growing new bits for me, you or anyone else.

So have I!

obelix67 wrote:
Sounds like you are making good progress, and with Docs that would appear from your post to be at the fore front rather than the barely passed the starting post that some appear to be.

Thankfully yes. From their experience in reconstruction after bombings/shootings/punishment beatings in Belfast, they tend to come up with radical ideas, and if, when I had first had the injury I had gone to them, they probably would have removed the kneecap, and come up with some crazy solution which might have had me fixed in no time (although maybe with a plastic kneecap and some sort of silicone bag instead of cartilage). Back then I was on my Dad's BUPA cover, so the initial work was done privately, but with a lot of excited surgeons, most of whom couldn't recognise my face, but could point out my xrays with ease.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That sounds unfortunately mental.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
little tiger wrote:
the whole point of using an unstable surface is to build support for the bad joint

How do you manage to stand on an unstable surface, given your major balance problems you have told us about?

Oh - also with a dyna disc you can =change the amount of wobble you get by how much you inflate it.... hence it is not sooooooo bad for me.....

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 24-02-06 18:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
obelix67 wrote:
That sounds unfortunately mental.

It is, but it's how those guys used to work...

Soldier comes in to hospital with leg hanging off. They look. "Standard" procedure says amputate. They tell him they could amputate, or they could try something. Worst case, they might have to amputate later.
So these guys, faced with losing a leg, turn round and say "give it a go", and they do. And sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work, the patient is no worse off. When it does work, the patient is able to get back to an almost normal life, and the surgeons have developed a new technique.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am glad when I was "soldier goes into hospital with fkd shoulder and elbow they just put it back together" for me Smile fortunately there was no hanging bits. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy