Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Off to La Thuile for the first time next weekend. We’re staying in the Plannibel apartments (aware they aren’t the best based on recent reviews but it was cheap and we won’t be in them much Very Happy )

Any recommendations for places on and off the mountain to eat/ to avoid? Best Bombardino?!

Any other tips too?

We were thinking of getting the bus to Cormayeur one day
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like La Grotta in the town itself, 5/10 min leisurely walk from the Plannibel. Simple Italian staples, and nothing fancy unlike a lot of the restaurants in La Thuile imo. Good pizzas too!

The Coppapan restaurant is just down from you away from the town before the Boton D'Or hotel. (3/4mins ish) I don't really rate the pizza as one of the best i have had in Italy (have spent a lot of time there so had a fair few) but the prices were not bad and my English friends liked it!

Lo Ratrak on the mountain does nice lunch stuff, there is also a ski locker and hire place below (Berthod sport).
Le Meleze for good sandwiches and good coffee stop.

Both are near to the Les Suches ski gondola station

Do ski over to France, the views on the way to and from the Napoleonic fort are pretty impressive.
Village runs Red 6 and 7 are worth a go if the snow is good.

I also like the reds around arnouvaz and argillian express area especially red 28 from the top of argillian/nastro gallery down to 18 then on to 6, makes for a nice long run back to the village if the snow allows. Black 2 is fun too, from Les Suches down to the village though can be a bit mogully later in the day.

IF you do go to Courmayeur, go to gelateria Creme et Chcolat in Piazza Brocherel at the end of the pedestrian zone....trust me its worth it!! All made in house... Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sweedish, thanks for your detailed reply that's really helpful Smile

I'll take a note of those places and check them out.

Will seek out those runs too.. I quite like moguls... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lo Tata is great for pizzas etc in the village itself. Lo Riondet is a favourite for lunch, midway down red 7 (although we always seem to ski below it at least once before finding the entrance!).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Lisse is a good value restaurant in town, they do a tourist menu of 2/3 courses for a set price. Go up the steps at the far side of the carpark opposite the Planibel entrance and turn left.
Our favourite is Pepita, pricier but oh so tasty. It is just behind the petrol station.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skiing in La Ros earlier this year, the instructor I was with recommended 'Lo Tata' and 'Coppapan'. We did not go to either but did have a(nother) great lunch at Le Riondet. (just make sure you take plenty of speed as you leave the base of the Fourclaz lift on piste 7 - its very flat, unless you like poling or that funny hoppy shuffle thing snowboarders do...)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for info people- will look up all these places Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were just there last week for a long weekend - skiing is fabulous, great little resort (and bigger than I'd expected actually). We did a day trip to Courmayeur on our way home to Geneva, it was interesting and glad we did it, but in retrospect the skiing at La Thuile/Rosiere was better (more challenging and much quieter).

For restaurants, in the evening we had a fantastic night at the pizzeria La Dahu, underneath Taverna Coppapan.
https://goo.gl/maps/qHutj5rbthz
It's a couple of minutes walk from the Plannibel apartments, just the other side of the ski lifts (away from town). Fantastic pizzas, ridiculously long menu, and cheap drinks Happy

If you want some fancier apres ski, the bar in the Miramonti Hotel in the centre of town is pretty special - cozy with 360 degree views from its all glass walls.

Very jealous, hope you have a great trip!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@EdM, thanks, am getting excited now Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cafe Pepita by the petrol station at the top of the small park is always good. La Grotta in town is also good, rustic and very reasonable. Chalet Eden is another good lunchtime venue with outside terrace for drinks and is accessible off the long tree lined run back into town. All of the above will drive you to and from the lifts for lunch.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got back today from a week in the Planibel apartments. Basic, old fashioned but good value but you'll know that by now! Agree about Dahu pizza place and La Grotta which is superb imv. I hope the wind dies down for you- it was getting on my nerves last week, together with the mist but I believe La Thuile is often windy.

A day excursion to Cormayeur is good - 2.20 euros one way by bus. We took a day off skiing (getting old) and walked to the Skyway cablecar which is very good. Takes you up to 11000 feet and you can see across to Aguile du Midi and Mont Blanc if the mist clears! People with off - piste skis and AVI gear ski down to the mid station or can access the Vallee Blanche. You can use the Skyway on the La Thuile ski pass - excellent value. And food and drink is much cheaper than in France. Hope you have a good week snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MCL wrote:
@EdM, thanks, am getting excited now Toofy Grin

Frank Berthod black run. Cool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In La Thuile at the moment...can recommend red 17 as a great run. Lo Riondet is superb for a last bombardino before returning to town. Off to La Grotta in 5 minutes 😀
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy