Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better!
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Candide Thovex - definitely off piste

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/NHrwcQQ38bA
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A few people posted this on Facebook yesterday. Whilst he's obviously very talented, something about it not being on snow means it just doesn't do it for me - I gave up after a minute Puzzled
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it seems that he used standard skis for all shots except where he is surfing the waves, where you can see they have had bouyancy aids fitted. And apparently he only wore out one ski for the whole trip.

I love the bit at the end where he gets on the ski lift and goes back up again Laughing
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jonm, seconded. I love watching him ski, but this one seemed a bit joyless. First Candide bit I haven't watched all the way through.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That makes my knees ache just watching. He was really shifting at some points!
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
amazing, i've tried snowboarding (is it still called that if its not on snow Confused) on sand dunes and it really hurts if you fall at speed! Shocked
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a bit where he does a 360 off the grassy roof of an old sheperd's hut while he's coming down the hill, they had all sheltered in that hut from the rain the night before so he just decided to include it in the run.
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mmm... I wonder what wax he was using.
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sack the Juggler wrote:
it seems that he used standard skis for all shots except where he is surfing the waves, where you can see they have had bouyancy aids fitted. And apparently he only wore out one ski for the whole trip.

I love the bit at the end where he gets on the ski lift and goes back up again Laughing


That's in Jamaica my lad tells me. He's been on it.
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thorney wrote:
mmm... I wonder what wax he was using.


Not sure of the name but it's made by CGI.
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ADESki wrote:
Thorney wrote:
mmm... I wonder what wax he was using.


Not sure of the name but it's made by CGI.
The terrain I recognised definitely wasn't done by CGI.
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Incredible video.

I know there's no snow but how many Vids are there of snow.

Love how there's no music ruining it. Good bit of humour throughout and some cracking skills.

End is hilarious Happy
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Enjoyed it but have to ask the question why is he not at the olympics. Surely the slopestyle would be right up his street
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I watched this with my kids a while back...brilliant!

@endoman - are you saying that's a real ski lift at the end???
snow conditions     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
iainm wrote:
I watched this with my kids a while back...brilliant!

@endoman - are you saying that's a real ski lift at the end???
looks like it is...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g147312-d1464337-i139784258-Rainforest_Adventures_Jamaica-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

probably takes people up to top of the Jamaican bob sleigh track Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report     
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sack the Juggler wrote:
iainm wrote:
I watched this with my kids a while back...brilliant!

@endoman - are you saying that's a real ski lift at the end???
looks like it is...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g147312-d1464337-i139784258-Rainforest_Adventures_Jamaica-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

probably takes people up to top of the Jamaican bob sleigh track Laughing Laughing Laughing
oh, hang it, it does! Shocked
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flipping heck that’s impressive. I worry about his joints though!!!
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:


Enjoyed it but have to ask the question why is he not at the olympics. Surely the slopestyle would be right up his street


He's a past X-Games and Freeride world tour winner! I think he's just a bit old/broken for the Olympics after breaking his back previously maybe?
This is a feature film about him:


http://youtube.com/v/cpi2fc5vfNs

Very stylish.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bambionskiis wrote:
Flipping heck that’s impressive. I worry about his joints though!!!


My knees hurt just watching Sad
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh no, not amother Candide video

SAID NO ONE EVER

Naysayers give yourselves an uppercut
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Olympix aren't big enough for Candide but his sis was in the snowboard halfpipe final IIRC. His time would have been in the early 2000s when I actually saw him at Superpark in Mammoth going over booters bigger than a 3 story house.

https://www.powder.com/videos/great-moments-in-skiing-candide-superpark-cork-5/
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike Pow wrote:
Oh no, not amother Candide video

SAID NO ONE EVER

Naysayers give yourselves an uppercut


+1

https://media.giphy.com/media/jRhz5BLxXFYTS/giphy.gif
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spot on Mike Pow
snow conditions     



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy