Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How's this season panning out so far?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@uktrailmonster, same logic means I usually invest in a trip to N America over Xmas/ NY - this year pretty much busted out, mainly cos I couldn't be arsed chasing pow further North when it meant huge drives and lots of incremental costs to deal with holdiay crowds.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’m partway through two weeks in 3V, based in La Tania. Last week had some of my best skiing ever, albeit we didn’t ever really see the sun. We had several days where the high lifts were shut and therefore the liaisons closed, but the tree skiing in la Tania was beautiful.

This week has been poor so far - two days of relentless rain, all the way to the top. Today the sun came out but the pistes were hard as nails and the off piste has been mostly destroyed. It would be a real shame for people out this week for their only week of the season. I’m ok (mostly) sitting back at base drinking wine, but that’s only because I had such a good week last week.

(shout outs to Gämsbock, Snow Penguin, SkiPros (Claude Decagny) and Flocon (Izzy @ Sweet Snowsports) for some great times last week)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andorra Soldeu webcam just showed 17C at lunchtime Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Season so far:

North America = bad.
Eastern Europe = bad.
Andorra = bad.
Scotland = mixed.
Western Europe = mixed.
Japan = mixed.
South Korea = mixed.
Northern Europe = good.

Global warming being felt most everywhere now.

Heavy rains in the depths of Winter have been seen right across Asia, Europe and North America during recent weeks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FIFY
Whitegold wrote:
Season so far:
Western Europe = Epic all time powderfest

We’re still going to be skiing in July. You heard it here first 😉
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andorra was pretty good up until 10 days ago Sad It has three weeks to recover. And as I've persuaded a friendly but short-tempered family to come with us for their first time, it better not let us down!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Epic season for the ones lucky enough to live/work out here. Not so great for the families who have spent a lot of money on a weeks holiday to be stuck in half of it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arabba last week all good other than high lefts closed on Wednesday
Had a day over in Alta Badia out of most of the wind
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold wrote:
Season so far:
Andorra = bad.

Puzzled The Pyrenees are doing just fine! It's true that Grandvalira in particular is faring a little less well that one might expect, but that seems to be an anomaly because other resorts around it which aren't always spectacular (being flung out on the eastern end of the range) are looking perfectly fine at the moment - in other words, a good first half of the season for them. And the central and western parts are on great form.

Yes, it just rained a lot over the weekend, as indeed it did in many places in the Alps. But it has also snowed a lot (as, I'm told, it's also done in the Alps wink), instead of the usual blocking high that typically dominates the Pyrenees between mid-December and mid-January. And the on-and-off rain - after a day or two of overnight freeze - has done wonders to consolidate the base here, making for more powder days and post-powder days at avvy level-1 and level-2 than I remember for quite some time; the week before last was brilliant for example, with the avalanche bulletin basically - and sometimes even literally - saying, "get the hell up the hill and enjoy the fresh snow"! Personally, I believe we'll look back at the season in this neck of the woods as being a very good one - and potentially a long one. Wouldn't mind some clear skies occassionally though...

I'm looking forward with optimism to February, which is when the lion's share of the snow in the Pyrenees typically falls. But in this strange season, I wouldn't like to bet money on anything right now!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 23-01-18 23:32; edited 7 times in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pretty good thanks. Lot of snow, quite a lot of rain in short bursts, pistes still good, some stellar days.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From the first day of the season, it's been pretty much epic in EK. We've had more snow already, than for a typical whole season. I've done 10 days so far, in 3 trips. I've lost 3 days to weather, although a mate went out on 1 of those and had a great time.

This weekend, I arrive on Sat morning, just after we get another 50cm tomorrow and Friday. I've then got 4 Bluebird days forecast. Can't wait.

It's already an amazing season.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whitegold wrote:
Season so far:

North America = bad.

Not the part I've been to (Okanagan, BC), but NA covers a huge region. It was actually one of the best starts to the season in recent years and now at a solid 2m base.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mixed bag, in the Grand Massif, but still it's a lot better than the dry years. Week before Xmas was fantastic, great snow, sunny skies, deteriorated towards New Year so headed home before the worst of the high winds and closures started. Other half had a great few days 11-15th Jan - blue skies and good snow. Awful conditions 18th-22nd for me and ladies. The wind and higher than expected temps led to some 'interesting conditions'. One minute you are on lovely powder then ice sheets and once you get a bit lower, heavy spring-like conditions. Mind you, while I am v annoyed that the other half got the good weekend, can't really moan as last season was a real struggle.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy