Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Coches, Montchavin, Belle Plagne, La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help! I am looking to go to visit family who are working in Montchavin with my mother for Christmas. I initially decided to stay in Belle Plagne but due to injury will not be skiing and hear that it would be difficult to stay in Belle because of either of us either getting back to our respective places. I am looking for an area which will make it easy to visit each other especially in the evening and where we will be able to stay that accommodates us for food, at least breakfast.

Anyone have any ideas which area to stay? I've looked at Montchavin and Les Coches but can't find accommodation to suit.

Thanks rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Vixxyb, welcome to Snowheads!

Since you are not skiing, perhaps try somewhere in the valley? Landry is only around 4-5 miles away, and accommodation should be cheaper. Bus service up to about 19:00, but I think it would have to be taxi after that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Catered with Mountain sun in Les Coches?

Navettes and village maps here.......

http://www.montchavin-la-plagne.com/station/transports-et-plan-station/navettes.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Vixxyb, why not get an apartment - in Montchavin or Les Coches, buy breakfast from the local boulangerie and either cook or use local restaurants?

To be honest if not skiing I am not sure I would want to be out there for a week. Not a great deal to do.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you 're not skiing there is some lovely snowshoeing on the Beaufortaine, so you would be looking over valley towards the Les Arcs and La Plagnes. You could stay in Aime or Maccot, but a hire car would give you more flexibility. Also +1 for Landry, the new hotel and spa will be open this winter and the river path gives excellent walking down to Aime and up to BSM. Give me a pm if you want further ideas as we have had a place in Landry for 8 years and I'll be doing my second season there this year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Vixxyb, a lot of the accommodation in Montchavin is apartments, I think there are only a couple of hotels. The village is quite small though, so if you stayed centrally you would be only a couple of minutes walk from an excellent bakery/cafe. There are a number of good, and good value restaurants in the village.

If you want to visit each other in the evening and don't have a car you need to be in Montchavin itself. If you have a car then Les Coches, Landry, Montorlin, Bellentre are all doable. Belle Plagne is too far imo even with a car - it's a hour drive, all on twisty mountain roads.

For accommodation sources I would try the Tourist Office or AirBnb.

It's true that there isn't a massive amount to do in Montchavin in the day if you are not skiing, but there is a pool with a wellness centre and aquarobics classes if that is your kind of thing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Coches is a lovely little village with a several decent restaurants , a nice square , supermarket and several other food shops , plus of course it has great links to both La plagne and les arcs for skiing . The chalets de Wengen run by Goelia are self catered but when we have used it before it is a nice 3 minute walk to the boulangerie ( or they will drop bread at your door ). ts big enough to keep you entertained but small enough to feel very authentic and french . My vote would be to stay in Les coches .
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you all for your replies. Ian Kenvyn if I stayed in Aime how much of a drive is that to Les Coches and any idea how much a taxi would cost?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vixxyb, taxi could cost you 60-80 euros.
Its not a short drive.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy