Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The GoPro is redundant, Hail the Spark Drone !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Weathercam, Practice helps - that looks a lot better. For rotation you definitely need a delicate touch, as with any other camera direction changes. With the Mavic Pro you can actually tweak the response curves of the controls if they're still too twitchy.

Cold hands: yeah, I filmed on the top of Ingleborough the other day and the cold was pretty fierce. You can use light gloves with the controller, but it's a bit clumsy. The battery.... obviously burns quicker when it's frozen, but the Mavic Pro has a longer initial time. Bright low sun made seeing the FPV difficult. Without a return-to-home button I'd have been pushed to get my toy back.

Here's GG from above. If you don't know it then scale is tricky, but the pilot is down there slightly down left of the centre. I flew into the top of the cavern but didn't risk dropping in. It's a long way around to go and get it back from down there.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam,

Nice footage!

I’ve had my Mavic about a month, but barely had a second to try it. I have discovered that rotating the drone is seldom a good shot unless done incredibly slowly. One other thought from your footage is that it might be a good idea to make sure you have white balance set to something other than auto (and exposure too if you haven’t already).

I’ve been hand launching a couple of times recently. Very easy. Not yet tried hand catching. It’s a little more complicated.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@philwig, Nice shot!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy