Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski touring practice... Up the sides of the piste?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@QRZBuddha and others....

In cold temps blisters are not so much of an issue as your feet tend to not sweat as much.

As has been said as soon as you feel that pressure point, shout out to the people that you are with suggesting a break and that you need to treat your foot.

And patience is the name of the game, make sure your foot is nice and dry before applying the compeed otherwise in the sweaty sock it will not adhere to your skin as well as a completely dry foot. So spend five mins with your foot out of the sock and turn your sock inside out to try and dry it briefly.

If the pressure point has blistered and it's burst then there's not much you can do apart from apply the compeed.

However, and trust me this is such a great solution if there is an obvious blister then if you have a needle* (which I carry with my compeed) go in through the good skin 2/3mm away from the "bubble" and bring the needle into the bubble and then with draw it. The water will then leak out of the hole.

Then apply the compeed - what is great about this treatment is that the skin then heals almost overnight, you'll still have to wear a compeed the next day but trust me it will not develop into a deep hole !!

*If you don't have a needle you'll have to hope that by applying a compeed it will not burst and you can treat it when you get back if you can find a needle.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use to get massive bleeding blisters (I have very narrow heels). I use wide zinc oxide tape (rock tape also works). Tape over your heel before setting out, and wear compression socks. That combination really works.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the pointers chaps, turned out the Compeed did the job and the boots didn't give me any more trouble.. I think I may have had the ankle buckle a bit too loose on my first day. Had the bindings looked at by a local shop and he just adjusted the heel position a touch and it cured the issue wink

I did 3 days of lift skiing and 3 days of skinning, can't wait to do more though.. did just over 1300m of climbing on my last day too, which I was quite pleased with Shocked

Can highly recommend going to Sölden the week before the World Cup if you're into your racing, loads of the top names are training around the glacier and wandering around town, bumped into Jansrud more than once
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@QRZBuddha, if you did 1300m and broke trail I’m impressed. Glad you got the binding sorted.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam, said
Quote:
However, and trust me this is such a great solution if there is an obvious blister then if you have a needle* (which I carry with my compeed) go in through the good skin 2/3mm away from the "bubble" and bring the needle into the bubble and then with draw it. The water will then leak out of the hole.

I variation on this I heard at a lecture by long distance walker (Ffyona Campbell I think) is to thread some cotton into the blister which acts as a wick, even when the skin reseals the needle hole
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy