Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2017/2018-and useful links.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The new detachable 6-man chair for Cote Chevalier has just been ordered from Poma Very Happy
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Real shame for Steve. Lovely bloke who took some great video footage of me skiing in the sit ski with Sophie.
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The plan was to drive 2 1/2 hours to the resort which can't be named with Skevinski and meet up with Weathercam, as he was driving out that way after dropping his OH at the airport......
Woke up this morning to find it was puking here, so hardly seemed worth it and went instead to Monetier, where we skied the "secret piste" a few times......
Kevin admiring our first tracks:

IMG_2962

And then went on to find boot-deep on the Crête de Lauzieres, me just about to drop through the delicate passage (1000 foot drop either side of a narrow ridge) Confused

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 13.32.04

In the Lauziere trees:

IMG_2963

It got a bit sluffy in the trees, so we decided to go higher up as the sun was making an appearance, but were thwarted as all the lifts above Bachas were closed due to avalanche blasting, never seen that in the middle of the day, but as the temps were rising, there was a lot of natural slides going on.......
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@KenX, Just proves that Friday 13th can be lucky for some. Who would have expected such a year after the disappointments of the last few? A solid morning's work. Thanks Ken.

My skiing still has a ways to go but now feel I'm getting to grips with powder and other off-piste conditions Practice makes perfect...and a little coaching does not go astray... Very Happy
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quick question, looking at New Year 2018, how's the "overall" snow record for that time of year?? I know that's a how long is a piece of string question Wink

We'd be flying into Geneva, so is a 3 hour drive about right??
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@kitenski, really, really would not like to second guess.

We've been out here now for the past 5 or 6 New Years and whilst Xmas has been hit or miss (big time) the white stuff has made an appearance in time for NY - but I would not like to guarantee it at all !!!

I've never driven to from Geneva to here presume that the options are Frejus tunnel or via Grenoble would have thought more like 3.5+hrs as up past Chambery from here via Frejus is circa 2.45
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy