Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2017/2018 (Mud Season May/June))

Poster: A snowHead
So do we think the weekend forecast is reliable - looks like a few days of a steady 15cm (at mid elevation) from Thursday?

Kinda important to me because I'm probably only going to travel with a single set of skis (plus teh fatter option are already waxed so that saves me some effort wink )
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Dave of the Marmottes, When we were out this weekend (Axamer Lizum and Ischgl), the off-piste was soft and powdery up high, a bit crunchy in the middle, and spring soft at the bottom. Fat skis FTW!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any tips for an off piste outfit for a morning/day out? Not booked anything and need to see how everything pans out with the family but keen to get something a little bit more adventurous in if possible.

I know off Piste to Powder and Franz Trimmel (All off Piste - but that seems to be full days only), is there anyone else I should be looking at?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Penry wrote:

But if it was just the more confident half of the family, comfortable with anything on-piste and occasionally dabbling off to the side, then what does St Anton offer us that the rest of the Arlberg doesn't? There must be a reason for its popularity I guess, it's just not obvious to me what it is.

It's the biggest, liveliest and most interesting village of the Arlberg with the best apres ski, which is why everyone stays there. You can very quickly and easily ski to Stuben and St Christoph too, and Rendl's right there. Sure the home runs get mogully, but they barely register on the carnage scale compared to Ischgl's home runs, and actually I find them pretty enjoyable.

That said, there are better places for family piste skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, whilst most of what you're saying is true, there is something missing in your analysis: it's called Lech Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I’m only bring my fat skis
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
New snow overnight...ankledust above 2300M
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29 wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, I’m only bring my fat skis

Yebbut Graham Bell dissed us last time we tried that!! wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dave of the Marmottes, it’s soon April. Only fat skis allowed 😉
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dave of the Marmottes, We'll both be bringing fat skis, if it helps Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got out here this morning and there’s a bit of fresh at the top. Some poor viz this morning but it’s clearing now. I have 108s and reckon they’ll do.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@galpinos,
As far as I’m aware the ski school(s) have some sort of freeride club that is not a full day.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarlet wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, We'll both be bringing fat skis, if it helps Toofy Grin

Yebbut your fat is the skinny ski I was contemplating wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Oh no, we can't be having his 'n' hers wink Bring the Rags or whatever it is you've got.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Scarlet, You guys coming over, be good to see you.

@Dave of the Marmottes, Got your message cheers.

I'm only bringing Rags....
ski holidays
@Markymark29, yeah I think so. Maybe Saturday, will let you know.
latest report
Old news, but here's a short report and video/pics from Lech and region for first 10 days of March.

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2018/03/29/early-march-in-lech/

The usual fun was had. Not many places in the world I'd rather ski.

Also first serious GoPro usage. Turns out my 2yo laptop isn't powerful enough to edit content at 60fps, so the resolution is not GoPro at its best. A decent first experiment - maybe Smile. I need a new laptop ....
snow report
Not a nice day...currently raining in St Christoph..
ski holidays
Some poor viz today but still had some powder off Schindler when things cleared a bit.
ski holidays
Sun is breaking out ...we are definitely getting more snow tomorrow maybe down to town but not a massive dump..
snow conditions
Spring from Monday though
latest report
@munich_irish, From Monday its Tumbleweed time downtown
ski holidays
@stanton, Unfortunately in the interests of domestic harmony am off to the Algarve rather than a few more days in the snow. Next possibility is the weekend of the 21st/22nd by which point, unless you are into the last day race or the forecast is wrong and there has been lots of snow, it is likely to be better to get the MTB out. If the snow does keep up (though the forecast really does suggest spring) then maybe Ischgl but not sure it will be worth it Sad .
ski holidays
Some good stuff, some chunky monkey depending on the isotherm last night and whether the sun was farking it, today

Anyway @kelskii skiing Albona NF like a boss

Fortunately no photos of me skiing it like a particularly whiney tranquilized donkey.
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, There's still time wink
snow conditions
Cheers @clarky999 and everyone else , sounds like I need to go to St Anton but not this time around. I'd picked out Lech as a better location for us if I can get a reasonable deal as somewhere that gave access to Warth, which I've also heard great things about
ski holidays
Flirsch
Perfect blue sky....snow not here yet looks like later on today apres ski time which at this time of the season starts at lunchtime
snow report
Clagfest today like skiing in a sauna.

Pow deep on Albona Wink

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Norrona/Whitedot Pro Syncro Pow Team camp it up

snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, ha ha great day all, thanks for coming up Matt and Hayley. Dave and Tony hope to see you in the pow again tomorrow (snowing nicely at 18.30pm)😁
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
The Norrona/Whitedot Pro Syncro Pow Team camp it up

Yeah, as camp as a row of tents. Great day and cheers for being the offical smartphone photographer. Top of Tanzboden at 9.20am for more of this stuff.
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, such good vis, I’m surprised you managed to capture anything but clag! 4/6 is a good record for Whitedot though, a shame we didn’t get a good photo of us inexpertly abusing their wares in the choss wink
snow report
Ok folks

All mountains bars are closing one week before official end of season .

Moose is closing early on 15th

Griabli also 15th
KK on 8th
Heustadl today
Rodelalm 8th
Taps after the annual race
Piccadilly sometime this week
Anthonys next weekend
Murmel top bar till end of season

Its Dumping !!!!
ski holidays
Conditions sh#tty mank am Arlberg today

snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, looks good!
snow conditions
Norrona pro team fails to photo slut with sun in right place

latest report
Norrona Pro Team arcs one into an innocent virgin gully

snow conditions

Dave the powder slut. 😊
snow report
Am at the Arlberg with the family for a couple of days.
Upside: fantastic weather today. Scored some good powder up on the Valuga and down the sides of Valfagher.
Downside: The crowds are simply insane. Waited a whole hour to get up the Valuga. Crowds on the Schindler chair were completely out of order. With the Steisbachtal problem the Zammermoos run was just downright dangerous.
Conclusion: I will only ever visit St. Anton well out of season again. There are better places to spend my time.
snow report
And I have never seen so many fucking hooray henrys in one patch at the same time in my life. Awful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy