Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best place for lunch in Avoriaz/PdS?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@snoozeboy, spiffing, thanks for asking
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1556garyt,

Prez La Joux - Top of Prez La Joux lift/bottom of rochassons lift. Had pork chops and mustard mash last year and this year had the Best Burger Combo since being at the Carlsberg Hotel in Verbier.. Another is L'etale, Morzine (late opening times) or Rotunda in Morzine... Great food and place to eat.

Food generally good in PDS.. Also if heading too Super Chatel, from Chatel. There is a restaurant on left hand side, which sweeps up slightly slope. It has its own Red Piste Basher parked at back facing down slope. Very old converted place, with amazing puddings, Hot choc and main dishes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
@Handy Turnip, Babethe's is a bit Marmite, as it were...

@shep, a fine plan! or idea or whatever Happy

@snoozeboy, must confess that I can't get past the "patates aux Reblochon" on the Nannon menu so chips and mayo don't register.

I must confess that it pales against its former self under Francois and the memorable evening when I led a torchlit descent from there having 1. helped the lighter weights with their digestives and 2. forgot to bring enough matches. Shocked Embarassed

Finally, a +1 from me for Chez Nannon. I went there a few weeks ago and I thought it was great. It's far from perfect - the chips are from McCain and the mayo from sachets. However the rest of it more than makes up for this. I deliberately ordered a cote de boeuf to compare directly with La Paika. What came wasn't quite the cote de boeuf that I was expecting, it was taken off the bone, but in many ways was better. It was cooked in their wood fired oven to near-perfection, which is quite difficult in that kind of oven and tasted great. The whole place feels rustic, natural and anti-industrial, which is what makes it really feel unique. I saw the patates au reblochon, which also looked great, but I get enough cheese day to day here. It's a special place and one of my fave places in the PdS, possibly my #1, just a pity it's in bloody Morzine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did you get a free Buff? We did Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snoozeboy, Great review, you really got what makes it special Smile . Still looking forward to see what you make of La Reserve, make sure someone orders the truffle pizzeta starter Shocked Madeye-Smiley

Couple of discoveries this season, and two old favourites which haven't been mentioned: Le Chalet de Theo, Petit Chatel - checked it out in Jan after the comments on here, lovely basic mountain food, amazing view, book ahead for a table on the terrace. The reinvigorated Le Chasse Montagne, Les Gets - compares very favourably to Le Paika I thought, especially on price. Le Bourri, Torgon - small, simple, great. Le Relais Panoramique, Les Crosets - very good, great view, and you can pet the llamas after you've eaten. What's not to like! wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy