Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oxford Student dies in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sad news from VT today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38204253
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad news, I get the impression (possibly incorrectly) from the article that it wasn't skiing related.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@SnoodyMcFlude, he was found dead in his apartment from a heart attack apparently. http://www.planetski.eu/news/8515
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very sad, His parents, I feel so sorry for them.
Its something I always worried about as a parent.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sad we don't kno why. Papers possibly linking the whole trip to alcohol abuse without knowledge of the facts. Heart breaking for parents without it being unnecessarily in the public eye
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Feel for his family, we always used to get worried when our boys went with uni... scared to witless that they would get drunk and freeze to death outside the apartment..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yorkshirelad wrote:
Feel for his family, we always used to get worried when our boys went with uni... scared to witless that they would get drunk and freeze to death outside the apartment..

Think it's natural for parents to think along those lines. Unfortunately I gave my folks good reason to be worried one NYE when I arrived home in an ambulance having stopped for a rest on the way home and fallen asleep. Had I not chosen to sit down outside the house of a nurse who happened to be on an early shift then I might not be here today. Lesson learnt the hard way.

Agree that it's not right for papers/websites to speculate, I'm sure many of us are capable of jumping to our own conclusions (I'm aware that I did)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dan100, I don't suppose the authorities know quite why just yet. No doubt there's a post-mortem, toxicology report etc and investigations..
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The local paper says the post mortem will be today. Le Dauphine is also re-reporting all the articles in the UK press detailing the excesses on previous Varsity Trips. The only details they have given have been reportes but essentially he was found by his mates in his room after an 'alcoholic evening'.

RIP
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think that fact that they report this specific death rather than others on that day (there would be 5 on the UK roads for example) is presumably because they already jumped to their own conclusion.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Sad we don't kno why. Papers possibly linking the whole trip to alcohol abuse without knowledge of the facts. Heart breaking for parents without it being unnecessarily in the public eye

True there was some awful sensationalist stories yesterday, we all know these trips can be pretty full on, but going on about endless 'debauchery' it in the same article of the lads death, very insensitive.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy