Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone looking to do BASI L2 assessment before Xmas?

Poster: A snowHead
The Boy, Gregory has proven to be uncharacteristically motivated in getting his shadowing hours done since his L1 pass, so I've started looking for options for him to do his BASI L2 assessment.
It would be great to get it in before Christmas but the NewGen course from the 10th is full. However they may have 1 or 2 extras, looking for a place and if we team up, we could potentially pull together the minimum 5 we need to put on a course in partnership with them.

Nothing's fixed yet - they may want to stick to Courchevel where they're based - but I'm thinking, as a first choice, we'd stop in Tignes as we're already there for the PSB and I've good contacts for accommodation etc.
I don't know if it's OK to run the 10 day course, 10 days in a row but if so, perhaps we could go straight into it during the PSB week, after the prep course is done - eg. 10 days = Wed-Fri
Otherwise, the 10 day course would probably need to run from Monday 12th over the 2 weeks subsequent to the PSB.

As I say, nothing's fixed yet - just feeling around for interest/ideas.

Is anyone else looking to do their L2 assessment before Christmas, speak up! snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@admin, ICE have spaces available on there Level 2 course in Val d'Isere Dec 5-16 http://www.icesi.org/basi-level-2-ski-instructor-course.asp
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes I saw that but we're in Tignes for the PSB the first week of that and the 3 day L2 prep course includes the 5th rolling eyes
Ideally I think, we'd be looking to start on Sat 10th / Mon 12th.

I'd phone them to discuss it but they only advertise a scammy 0870 number Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin wrote:
Yes I saw that but we're in Tignes for the PSB the first week of that and the 3 day L2 prep course includes the 5th rolling eyes
Ideally I think, we'd be looking to start on Sat 10th / Mon 12th.

Anyone would think the boy is not a man capable of his own decisions and organisation wink

Best of luck - I suspect the problem will be getting suspects who are prepared to ditch other work commitments at 4 weeks notice - tricky
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gämsbock, the Penguin and myself are all booked up for Lauterbrunnen in January, sorry.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, hmmmm....

Well he's out of bed and dressed today so we're doing well rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin wrote:
I'd phone them to discuss it but they only advertise a scammy 0870 number Evil or Very Mad

And all their mobile numbers...
http://www.icesi.org/contact.asp
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Actually @Gämsbock, I saw that but those are for the trainers/directors, I suppose I assumed I'd just be told to phone the office "For new or exisiting bookings" Confused

I confess, I've got a bit of a thing about 0870 numbers - they put me straight off Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@admin, I dunno, I tend to assume that anyone who publishes their mobile number on the internet is happy to be called on it...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
For what it's worth I did my L2 in Courchevel in December organised by NewGen a couple of years ago and was pretty happy with it (i.e. I passed) and they managed to cope with the level of organisation needed to still run the course despite there being no snow in the resort when we arrived. That is unlikely to be a problem this year if the weather continues like it is at the moment but I think demonstrates some competence and being organised is generally a good thing. They were also happy to help with finding work afterwards - I didn't take these offers up in the end, but another bit of added value.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I spoke to newgen about the decemeber a while ago, but had to cancel my plans of pre christmas L2.

I'm probably going to do the Cairngorm one now end of Jan, Lauterbrunnen looked good only 4 people on the course instead of the usual 10.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Little Martin, Lauterbrunnen is being run with a course provider who have the other 6 places direct. So there will be 10 or nearly 10 as usual.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have now had a very pleasant chat with Rupert at ICE.
They do have a couple of places remaining but, as expected, they begin from the Monday. Talking to Gregory, he really wants the reassurance of having done the prep course first so there's a little clash there. That, coupled with the sense that he may learn stuff from the course that he wants to practice before the assessment, makes the ICE course seem a bit unlikely.
The NewGen one really is perfectly timed - but full.
In the absence of enough homegrown interest to schedule our own L2 assessment course, I suppose, if a last minute cancellation crops up on the NewGen one, he's in as it's easy to just dump him in Courchevel on the way home from the PSB, but otherwise Lauterbrunnen looks the best bet - he'll have to miss the MYAsHBash though, which he was looking forward to - ah well, 1st world problems! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i am doing the snoworks one in tignes pre xmas and doing their 1/2 days training the week before, is that any good?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ajc2260626, I think SnowOrks only do that as a gap course don't they?
They don't seem to offer the assessment on its own.
latest report
nope mate, its brand new this year..... they used to do the training and then cart them over to courcehval for the exam but this year you can do the whole thing inc the exam.... runs 5th to 16th of december.... i am going over on the 26th of nov to do some training with them the week before...... drop lee or phil a line ..... pm me if you want their email addresses..... i am not sure if they have spaces but probably worth a look...?
snow report
admin wrote:
@ajc2260626, I think SnowOrks only do that as a gap course don't they?
They don't seem to offer the assessment on its own.
Give them a call, they would probably let Gregory book if they had space (perhaps because not all their Gap students made it past L1 to take their place on the L2?).
snow report
When I did the L2 organised by NewGen in Courchevel the Snoworks gap students from Tignes were all on that assessment too, but maybe that has changed.
ski holidays
yep its changed mate.... is the first year that they are doing it all etc in tignes.....
snow report
Another option, not quite what you asked for but with the same potential outcome would be to consider IASI instead of BASI: http://www.iasisnowsports.com/course-calendar

There's an IASI L2 in Hintertux 11-16th December. Even if you were wanting to do a BASI L2 later in the season the IASI one would I'm sure be time well spent.
snow report
@Maireadoconnor, @Gämsbock, I might be able to make that course now, if there's space...

How are you getting there and where are you staying ?
snow conditions
@Little Martin, I think you've been talking to @Gämsbock already, but if you're working at Hemel on Sunday afternoons I'll be there 3-10; we can find time for a chat beforehand maybe.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy