Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spectating at a FIS race

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads! I'm in frequent read-only Snowhead, but I couldn't glean a suitable answer so I thought I would ask here Very Happy

I'm in Meribel at the same time Courcheval is hosting a ladies GS race and wondered what the deal is - can I just rock up and watch, or is it not that simple? Also If I skied over would it A) Be heaving and B) Be a pain having to tie skies up and wander about in boots. Anybody have any tips?

Cheers Andrew

http://www.courchevel.com/winter/en/audi-fis-ski-world-cup-ladies-alpine--n163-ev8.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Given that the page you posted has seating at the finish for free, I can't imagine anywhere else will be charging.

And technically the week before Xmas week on a Tuesday? Can't imagine it will be heaving.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@andrew e, you can watch from the slopes or the finish area - if you're worried about a couple of hours standing around in boots you could take your shoes in a backpack and have them for standing around the finish

You know the night before you can watch the bib draw in town - I'd definitely recommend that

http://ski.worldcupcourchevel.com/en/program/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@moseyp, Yup, bib drawing night is a great event.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for the info chaps! Will report back how I get on (or not). The whole bib drawing looks a little surreal - Lion tamers Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All we got was a band and DJs Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought I might follow this up for reference snowHead

Making the most of the lift passes, myself and the wife and daughters got the first lift of out Meribel (Sailure express 1&2) up to 2700, then down on the Sailure, and Verdons into 1850 itself. Racing was due to start at 10:30, I guess we arrived about 45 minutes before that. Pretty painless and no cruising for a parking space, (I think there were shuttles from out of town in however). Effectively we landed in the main lift station, and followed the herd (we were in normal boots and didn't bring skis over). The next bit surprised me - we effectively scrambled up the side of the piste, following the crowd dodging people skiing down, no specific spectator fence or path just the crowd hiking upward Shocked Laughing

Foot accent over, it was all very jovial - French flags being foisted on everyone, incredibly reasonably priced drinks and snacks (think French fete fare and prices) stall selling World Cup bobble hats and handing out free posters, couple of trade stands etc. Those with skis mingled with pedestrians. You could watch from the bottom - the actual vantage point was good - or watch the big screen. If you wanted a small hike got you a third of the way along the course by the catch fencing.

Sadly there was a bit of breeze, (or hurricane if you are a WC course judge) and after about 15 runs a temporary halt was called for an hour, then it was announced a "sprint" course would run, with everybody getting a fresh run. Sadly that too got cancelled. Still nobody minded and I bought another Vin Chaud (€2 !) to drown my spirits/take the enamel off my teeth. Then we all followed the crowd back down the piste to the now heaving lift station where we were over taken by one of the Swedish team skiing down still in a cat suit Shocked

Positives: It was free, and very reasonably priced to eat and drink, fabulous atmosphere, world class athletes at arms reach, insane ski fans in fanclub bibs, accidentally finding yourself chatting to the BSS team when they hoisted a huge Scottish flag.

Negatives: Cold feet because your just standing, the chance it could all just get cancelled, music my daughters likened to that "crap you play in the car" mixed with euro-nightclub favourites. NO COWBELLS!

So in a nutshell i thought it very similar to a day at Wimbledon, except you could make a noise! Take foot warmers or extra socks, and cash for the bar. We loved the atmosphere and the racing, I would reccomend seeing a race at the expense of a day on the pistes to anyone.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@andrew e, Thanks for the report, glad you enjoyed. Get yourself to Kitzbühel or Schladming some time and see how you find those?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yup, Flachau ladies and Schladming mens night races are brilliant Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Watched the night-time Alta Badia Parallel slalom on Eurosport last Monday - atmosphere looked to be 'rocking'... Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
albob wrote:
Watched the night-time Alta Badia Parallel slalom on Eurosport last Monday - atmosphere looked to be 'rocking'... Smile

I watched this too - the guy that won it lost 1 of his poles at the start of the final but still managed to get the win - fantastic to watch.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm going to the Kitzbuhel Hahnenkamm for the first time. I've been to Kitzbuhel before just to ski but not for the race. We have finish area tickets for the Super G but i wanted to watch the downhill from further up on skis. Any suggestions on how / where to get the best watching experience. Thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy