Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2016/17 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Merry Christmas all!!!

The web cams all look a bit green at resort level!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Handy Turnip, it rained a fair bit last night I think pretty much to the top of the mountain. Yesterday it was all white everywhere. A few brown patches appearing, which haven't been there all week.

Pistes a bit softer than earlier in the week, but skiing fine this morning. Forecast to get colder for the rest of the week so hopefully the cannons can get running too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers @hammerite, fingers crossed some of the snow forecast later makes it down to resort level.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The weather has changed from mild and drizzly (yesterday) to cold and icy. It's been snowing for the last few hours and is forecast to continue; the cannons are also working overtime. Tomorrow we're anticipating a layer of fresh powder on top of the ice, so that should be fun. Confused

Another piece of good news: the world-class Irish band, "Cuckoo", has been booked to play every other Wednesday in Bobbys Pub, starting on 11th January.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hello snowheads does anyone know what lifts can you use with the pay as you go lift pass and what does it cost? snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@fullducknodinner, All of them. The value of each lift is shown on the piste map, ranging from 9 to 183 points - the average for a typical chair lift is around 65 - 75 points, although the relatively short Turm chair lift that takes beginners up the Saalbach nursery slopes is only 18 points - similarly the nursery slope lifts at Hinterglemm. A 1,000 point card can be bought for EUR 100 (adult price), EUR 80 (youth price), EUR 50 (child price). A 500 point card would (unsurprisingly) cost half as much.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks alot richard for that and your guide
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bergfex is forecasting a useful dump (45-70cm) between Tuesday and Thursday next week (3-5 Jan). We'll be there on the 14th.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh Big Dave I really hope they are right, I arrive same day as you and I admit I am getting a little worried I know I shouldn't but can't help it especially as taking my 2 girls on their 2nd ski trip and Sauze last season was bad!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Kutocer, Don't worry! So far it's been great, and it can only get better (can't it?)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Big Dave wrote:
Bergfex is forecasting a useful dump (45-70cm) between Tuesday and Thursday next week (3-5 Jan). We'll be there on the 14th.

Sadly I think there's only a few centimetres forecast now Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Tatman's Tours, No it can't only get better and I really hate saying that and after last night's run of charts I just wanna go hide, it's bad enough not being at work and looking at the weather all the time and now no snow forecast for a while I just wanna cry lol.

I know it's been good skiing so far with man made but my girls are 10 and 12 and it'll be a 2nd ski holiday where conditions are not looking good. Maybe next season I shouldn't take them to see if they are jinxing me lol.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The 14th is the same weekend I'm going skiing (to St Anton), and it's quite a long way off yet. Weather patterns can and do change. It will snow at some point. Saalbach's snowmaking capabilities are absolutely excellent - you'll all have a great time.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're off to Hinterglemm on the 14th too. Going to be a lot of crossed fingers on here .... snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Kutocer,

Still promising useful snow midweek next week. Chin up, it will be great

http://www.bergfex.com/saalbach-hinterglemm-leogang/wetter/berg/
ski holidays
"We"...that's 55 of us, arrive on the 15th.

I have every confidence in the snow!

10th year this year and never had a bad one.
snow report
For all the snow worriers, here's an update
67/70 lifts open
73/110 slopes open (so about two thirds, and snow-making is gradually enabling more to be opened)
All main links and valley runs open
Last snow 27/28 Dec
Weather currently fine, clear and cold -
Pistes currently adequately snow-covered, but, being peak holiday time, the main thoroughfares can be busy and mogully
Pistes today were okay in places but hard and icy in others
Next snow forecast for 3rd Jan and 7th - 10th Jan (see https://www.worldweatheronline.com/saalbach-weather/salzburg/at.aspx)
Apparently Saalbach has a lot more snow than Kitzbuehel (according to a visitor from said resort, who came over and skied with me today).
latest report
Is there an equivalent of carre neige in Austria?

My girlfriend's back has been playing up over the last couple of days, and I have visions of it just going completely on the slopes next week.

Obviously we have travel insurance but I was thinking it my give more peace of mind just for a few extra euros.
ski holidays
@Handy Turnip, we rely on the mountain rescue and emergency medical cover provided by the Austrian Alpine Club - basic but inexpensive
latest report
Thanks @Tatman's Tours, I assume I can just pick that up at a lift pass office?
snow conditions
No you have to go online and apply for membership. Many people join for the insurance, which as I mentioned is basic but inexpensive
ski holidays
So I'm off to Hinterglemm this Saturday and noticed that the women's Europa downhill cup is on, will this cause many piste closures ? And also more importantly where are the post comp parties Cool
ski holidays
@2planks, The only piste closed will be the black #15 at the top of Zwölferkogel, then about a third of the width of piste #12 below the mid-station on Zwölfer, so about 3km out of 270km.

Europa Cup is very low-key compared with the World Cup circuit events, so don't expect too much in the way of events, parties etc. The Europa Cup skiers are trying hard to qualify for the WC races, so you'll be able to ski down piste #12 and be overtaken by 17-year-old girls flying down the race track on the other side of the piste (behind the triple safety fences) doing close to 100km/h. Spectating is free from anywhere on the side of the course.

Another event that you might want to take in that week is the Mountain Attack marathon ski tour, which starts at 16.00 in the village square in Saalbach on 13th Jan. The first section sees the 1,500 participants run up the Schattberg black piste #1, which spectators can watch from the Schattberg gondola. After that, there are another 5 summits to run up and then ski down, with the fastest guys getting back to Saalbach by 18.30, having covered 40 km, half of it uphill, in about two and a half hours, in the dark. The final run back into Saalbach is on a specially laid piste down the main street.

And for those of you watching the weather forecast, it is currently snowing here in Saalbach (21.20 on Monday 2nd Jan) having started to snow about 2 hours ago.
snow conditions
@quinton, snowing in saalbach is a relief on my heart lol, i had been panicking just a bit up till a couple of days ago. Now seeing it fall in all the cams is a sweet sweet sight, hurry up the next 11 days haha.
snow conditions
@quinton, thanks, young women in Lycra.... Embarassed and the news of neu schnee it's velly gut
snow conditions
Hi All,

I am delighted to see the snow has started to arrive, long may it last.

My group arrive in Saalbach on Jan 21st.

Two of our group are looking to get private lessons for a few days (maybe mornings?) starting on Sunday 22nd. The can both snow plow no problem, and parallel turn to a certain degree. Any ideas of who to contact? They are both game just need a few tips and confidence building.

Thanks
Bernardo
latest report
@Bernardo, I have a few contacts who may be able to help with private lessons. I will send you a private message.
snow conditions
Tatman's Tours wrote:
@Bernardo, I have a few contacts who may be able to help with private lessons. I will send you a private message.

Thanks for that @Tatman . You are a star.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Book now if you want Sunday or Monday. Last year I left it too late and couldn't get one till Wednesday, by which time my legs were flagging badly and didn't get the most from it.
snow conditions
Whitty wrote:
Book now if you want Sunday or Monday. Last year I left it too late and couldn't get one till Wednesday, by which time my legs were flagging badly and didn't get the most from it.

Interesting. I was mentally planning a Monday private lesson when we visit in mid Feb, but holding off until the weather outlook became clear. I'll now crack on and get it booked.
latest report
Hi all,

We arrive in Saalbach on the 28th Jan - 1st time in town since a 2004 school trip!! As I'm coming from the middle east DIY holiday! I've got flights and accommodation booked but just need to work out how best to get from Munich airport to Saalbach and back on the 28th and back again a week later, can anyone help? Also looking for a 3 day group lesson starting on the 29th, can anyone point me in the right direction?

think I scared the Mrs last year taking her to Verbier for her 1st ski holiday but I'm convinced I'll win her over to the "white side" with the skicircus - it certainly got me hooked.

Cheers Smile
ski holidays
@scyco, Munich Airport to Saalbach:

1). Train - via Munich Ost then to Zell am See, with one change depending on route. Postbus up the valley from opposite Zell station to Saalbach, or a taxi. It is often possible to share a taxi if several people are going to Saalbach. https://www.bahn.com

2). Holiday Shuttle from the airport to your accommodation. Pricey but very easy. www.holiday-shuttle.at

Group lessons: Snowacademy or Fürstauer are both very good.

[P.S. it has been snowing heavily since early this morning]
latest report
It may have been a slow start to the season, but the long-range forecasts are now showing ~ 2 metres of snow over the next 14 days... snowHead
snow report
First day here today, heavy snow all day, but we got some great skiing in.

Need to brush up on my local knowledge as we spent more time walking between lifts than I would have liked.

Great day though snowHead snowHead

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 4-01-17 20:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Double post
latest report
quinton wrote:
@scyco, Munich Airport to Saalbach:

1). Train - via Munich Ost then to Zell am See, with one change depending on route. Postbus up the valley from opposite Zell station to Saalbach, or a taxi. It is often possible to share a taxi if several people are going to Saalbach. https://www.bahn.com

2). Holiday Shuttle from the airport to your accommodation. Pricey but very easy. www.holiday-shuttle.at

Group lessons: Snowacademy or Fürstauer are both very good.

[P.S. it has been snowing heavily since early this morning]

Excellent, thank you for the help!
snow report
Quote:

Need to brush up on my local knowledge as we spent more time walking between lifts than I would have liked.

Don't hesitate to ask - we hardly ever walk between lifts.
snow conditions
Hello all

I've just booked for 2 of us going to the Alpinresort and Spa, Saalbach on the 4th February.Looks like the snow Gods are doing their thing now Cool. We'll be looking for a private lesson for a morning/possible the day on Monday 6th. Does anyone have any recommendations for private lessons for a couple in Saalbach please.

Oh and a belated Happy New Year to all Very Happy
ski holidays
@Maloney~888, I'll send you a PM
latest report
@Tatman's Tours. Thank you Richard Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy