Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2016 - 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some hardy folk out there.

latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sunday 7 May. My season is finally over, well maybe!

Thank's to all those people that I have been riding with this winter. It was great to meet up with old friends and also make some new ones. I hope you all had as great a season as I did! As always the winter came good in the end and there is still plenty of snow about higher up if skinning is your thing!

I hope all those that follow my post's have enjoyed the photos and found what I have written useful.

I am sure many will agree that the youngster's that rode with us at different times in the season have also improved a lot this winter. I look forward to seeing how far you can go in the future! Just stay safe while some of you push the limit's as I know you will! Going big is great, but remember you need to be able to land as well!

I look forward to meeting up with many of you in the summer for some fun activities and seeing you again next winter for some more excellent riding in the 'amazing snow we will get next winter!!' Finger's and toes crossed!!

For my last day although I did not manage to get back to Les Arcs for another day's skinning over the weekend, I did manage one last trip to Glacier 3000 over in Switzerland before the lifts for skiing closed today.

This is a place I would recommend for anyone that love's freeriding. They even have a Freeride festival every March.

Just like in Tignes or Val Thorens there was fresh snow up top, although not as much as I had hoped and room to put down some fresh tracks early in the day, although the whole area was well tracked by the afternoon as there are very few other ski areas still open.

Next season I hope we can make a trip over there from Les Arcs for a few days. I managed about 12,000m vertical in one day all off piste using the lifts with only one short hike and a little scramble on the rocks. Well worth the effort to drive that far.

I have posted some photos of my day in Glacier 3000 on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page. Use the link if you are interested in seeing what this area has to offer!

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/

One final word of praise for Polaire Star ski shop at the bottom of the funicular for all there support again this winter. You have done a great job in keeping my skis going in some very challenging conditions at times this winter. Use this link if you want to book some gear for next season or get their advice. Thanks again! http://www.polairestar.com/

Hope you all have a great summer and see you next winter!

For anyone that might be coming out to Les Arcs in the summer. Check out the Les Arcs Summer facebook page for more info and up-to-date news when I get anything worth sharing. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just looked at the webcams and the snow looks incredible, so much better than at the beginning of April! Saw some skiers returning to their cars parked at Arc 2000 and can imagine their run down was fantastic. Oh well, on to next season!
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SStreet, How sad watching web cams off season Toofy Grin Was watching some guys live Sunday doing tricks and building platforms by the Savoy in 2000 Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy