Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hoorah, we've been shortlisted for the World Snow Awards!

Poster: A snowHead
Just found out that Inside Out Skiing has been shortlisted for the 2016 World Snow Awards, in the Best Snowsport School category. skimottaret and I are really pleased that our little ski school has been recognised for the work we do, which we think is a little bit different from most other ski schools out there. Thanks to all the snowHeads who have helped us along the way since we started doing this in 2009.

Happy days!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Congratulations Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Congratulations, well deserved.

You forgot to mention that we can vote for you here: http://www.worldsnowawards.co.uk/public-voting-2016/
wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rob@rar, congratulations Very Happy fantastic news
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yay congratulations Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is this like the snow vole awards or is it a proper competition?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boredsurfin, I think it's proper. They used to be the Telegraph ski awards.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tubaski wrote:
Congratulations, well deserved.

You forgot to mention that we can vote for you here: http://www.worldsnowawards.co.uk/public-voting-2016/
wink

Added my vote but annoyed I couldn't vote for who I wanted in the tour operator ones so went no opinion on that.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Congrats to Rob, Scott and the rest of the team, well deserved and I have voted.

This will come across as a negative question, but how do companies get on the shortlist for voting?

I only ask as there seem to be some gaps in the TO list that I would have expected, such as Esprit, Ski-total as examples?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sell outs! wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Congratulations! snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Congrats Cool Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyway well done - I encourage everyone to rig the ballot.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Laughing

@ansta1, as I understand it, anyone can nominate entries (except for the hardware categories which are shortlisted at the SIGB tests each year). For other categories the nominations are shortlisted by a panel of people connected with the snowsport industry in some way. Some categories are decided by public vote, other winners decided by the panel.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well done guys for getting selected. You've got our vote Very Happy
latest report
@rob@rar, I've voted for you, good luck!
snow report
Yayyy! Very Happy
snow report
Well done.

But be aware that major awards are always a doubled-edge sword.

You will now come onto the radar of bigger rivals and they will copy you and make life harder.
snow conditions
@ansta1, If it's by public acclaim that's why. Anyway the whole thing, notwithstanding the sterling efforts of @rob@rar and skimottaret, is patently just a means for the Torygraph to generate ski related traffic.

c.f. 2015, Best Après Ski Bar – Public Vote - La Folie Douce, Val d’Isère

Really? Demonstrates the demographic reading that section of the paper, clearly.
snow conditions
Congratulations! Obviously very refined awards Wink

Quote:
2015 European Resort of the Year Les 2 Alpes
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:

c.f. 2015, Best Après Ski Bar – Public Vote - La Folie Douce, Val d’Isère

Really? Demonstrates the demographic reading that section of the paper, clearly.

I suspect it has rather more to do with the social media following that the business in question can mobilise to vote.
ski holidays
@rob@rar, Well done! Very Happy
snow report
@Tubaski, could be...
snow conditions
Excellent.

All the best
snow report
Congratulations. I might have to sign up for your moguls clinic in October now - before everyone else does.
ski holidays
Damn, the secret's out Toofy Grin
latest report
chapeau!
snow conditions
Congrats, voted for you!

I hope it's not like the World Ski Awards where the winners have to pay for their own trophy though Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks for the good wishes, much appreciated.

Just to confirm, we've not paid anything for the nomination or the shortlisting process, and I've not seen any reference to any other payments being necessary as part of the awards scheme. Didn't know there was a trophy - just the warm glow of appreciation is enough for me wink
ski holidays
@rob@rar, All good then Rob, well done to you and the team!😎
ski holidays
Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
I notice Warren Smith is on the Panel.

Just saying.... Very Happy
latest report
@ansta1, Laughing

The panel has already done its work by shortlisting us. For our category, Best Snowsports School, the decision is by public vote. If anyone would like to vote you can do so by visiting this webpage.
snow conditions
I've voted, a week or so ago - presumably I shouldn't vote again given the strict warning that duplicates will be erased?
snow report
pam w wrote:
... presumably I shouldn't vote again ...
Yes, one vote per person. But nothing stopping your persuading your family and friends to vote!
snow conditions
Hmmm that's a good point. My wife also voted, we both went on a course, and I had assumed it's fine since it's a different email address but thanks pam_w as looking again it's also duplicate ip addresses. Hadn't thought of that since we share the same broadband. We shall see
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
@ansta1, Laughing

The panel has already done its work by shortlisting us. For our category, Best Snowsports School, the decision is by public vote. If anyone would like to vote you can do so by visiting this webpage.

Rob,

Not directed at yourself and your team, but not ideal for an entrant to also be on the panel. I am also not suggesting that there is any subterfuge or anything underhand, but let's for a second skip forward and 'Warren Smith" win the instructor/school category.

And the winner is Warren Smith Ski, Warren please could you present the award to errrrr Yourself.

Would be rather amusing.
ski holidays
@ansta1, sure, I understand and agree with you. I don't know how the awards are organised so maybe Warren stood down from the panel's work when the ski school bit was being discussed? The ski industry is not very big, and lots of people know lots of others so perceptions of conflict of interest are going to be hard to avoid (for example, I know most of the panel, including Warren, and would consider some my friends). I guess it's just the way it is with lots of industry award schemes, and we'll have to assume that the people involved make every effort for impartiality.
latest report
Well done and good luck. Have just voted (for you).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy