Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Trip Mayrhofen/Soll/Nearby

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're looking at a first family ski trip with two-year old twins and we want to go to Austria, going in January or early February. We'd ideally like to go to either Mayrhofen or Soll but can't find suitable accommodation. I've seen Esprit which looks great, but not the resorts we want.

Does anyone know of accommodation or an operator who does this? We'd need childcare/creche most days, but would also like them to be able to try out skiing (well, push them along, play in the snow).

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plenty of accommodation in both if you want to go independent , should be relatively simple to get to from Innsbruck or Munich.
SMT ski school in Mayrhofen take kids from 2 yrs old and they'll get to play in the snow but there's bound to be other options.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just an FYI that there is a creche in the swimming pool complex and one at the top of the Penken at the Hof.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have taken our little one to alpbach 6 years and he is 6. A really good crèche at the top of the mountain. Beautiful quiet little village. Good skiing. Plenty of independent and also t.o accommodation. I personally would go b&b or apartment as enjoy eating out in some of the lovely restrsunts
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys. @JimboS, have you or anyone you know used the creche at the Penken? Any good?

@mattiwilkin, thanks, hadn't considered Alpbach, do their staff at the creche speak good English?

Cheers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes they are great with them. Loads of can't think of anyone in ski school/crèche (alpbach aktiv) who is not fluent. Beautiful friendly village. My biggest downside is the need for a ski bus to and from main lift. Need to know anything else just ask.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hotel berghof was a really nice hotel in mayrhoffen that me and my girlfriend stopped. Had a bus stop right outside to take you to the gondola. There is an abundance of ski schools/ clubs. We saw loads of groups of kids having a blast with friendly ski instructors.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the help
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snowsteve, I have only ever used the one in the village so can't comment ton the one at the top of the Penken.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowsteve, both my kids , my youngest from age 2.5 for the last 5 years have been with SMT and they both love it so I've no cause for complaint.
You can drop off at bottom of the cable car station but I would guess with very young kids they might prefer (or indeed you might prefer) to take them to the top.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy