Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cannons on most of the day at least, which is nice...

Sweepstake on when the stubborn looking high pressure will clear off and allow some snow in?? Looks unlikely for the next couple of weeks or so...

These pre-xmas period droughts seem to be becoming an annual tradition!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

These pre-xmas period droughts seem to be becoming an annual tradition!!

That, or the föhn blowing Sad

I think it might be a bit early to get worried though, at least the clear skies let the ground get nice and cold and the cannons can run. I'd rather see it cold now with snow later, than snow now and föhn later.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, I'm not that worried. Have been out most NY weeks since 2010, and seen every condition possible I think!!

even last year was still fun, rented some piste skis and did a couple of day trips to ischgl so plenty to do.

Hoping for a repeat of NY week 2014, snow taps turned on on the 26th Dec and didn't stop the whole time!

Time will tell
snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Although, Morris (at wepowder.com) does mention one nasty problem (which i think @clarky999 also referred to), the very cold/clear weather will turn N facing snow patches in to mounds of sugar, and hoar frost will form on bare ground, so we could have some very unstable snow on N facing slopes when the snow does arrive Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep theres downsides to any given set of weather conditions really.

large parts of Rendl/stuben worth treating with caution when the snow arrives then
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hollando, yep. early season is always dangerous off piste, a combination of thin snow pack and powder hounds (do people still say that?) desperate to get back at it Skullie
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@hollando, The Off/Piste season does not really get going until February. Most of Rendl Off Piste is treacherous early on if there is not a minumum of 0.5m base.

I know folks like to go off piste as soon as they can i.e Xmas but there are literally only a few places that I would consider safe ( not hidden rocks,gullys etc) .

Have Fun
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plenty grassy slopes for early sortees.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's definitely normally a bit of nibbling round the edges to be done by xmas/NY...

After last year it'd be nice to just have the majority of the piste network up and running. Or ski the blue to rauz without fearing for your life.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hollando wrote:
After last year it'd be nice to just have the majority of the piste network up and running. Or ski the blue to rauz without fearing for your life.

Pretty certain they will have much more (pistes) ""officially"" open than the last two seasons !

Although Rendl will not open until nearer Xmas the valley piste is almost ready (natural & mostly snow cannon).

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
New Intersport at alpe Rauz

http://www.intersport-arlberg.com/de/news/2301/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Opening Partys

KK

9th December starts at 10am!!

Mooserwirt

2nd December

Murrmel Bar Already open.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, any news on the Underground?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sah, I heard she is still alive so she normally starts around 2nd week.
ski holidays
@stanton, Laughing
snow report
@stanton, I won't hear a word said against Joan. Lovely (if barking) woman.
ski holidays
Yes Joan is a lovely, considerate, thoughtful lady * and I too won't hear a bad word said about her.

* until she's had a drink.
snow conditions
Bring back the Old Underground ! The New Place was nice & quiet until she closed the old place.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/PwO-w3YZ_XY
snow report
Swung through Munich yesterday. It looks like a lot of locals are going to pass on the St Anton / Lech opening this weekend, as conditions are not great and many resort trails are still green.
snow report
Pfff luckily not all Munich locals are heading to the Arlberg....
snow report
Certainly more than the last two seasons at this time!!
latest report
Folks. We are Open !

Possible to Ski from Top of Schindler to Town.

The new Lift is Running . Nothing open on Stuben, Warth, Sonnenkopft

Open in St Anton

Galzigbahn, Osthang,Zammermoos,Schindler,valfagehrbahn.

Lech,Zurs

A Few early season Lifts

snow report
@stanton,
You're forgetting to mention that the brandnew Flexenbahn and Trittkopf I are running, making it possible to ski from Zürs to St.Anton viceversa
Zürs' Seekopfpistes are often the best Arlberg is offering early season....
That's something different than "a few early seasonlifts"...... Puzzled
latest report
@Langerzug, I said the "new lift" which I meant Flexenbahn.

For clarity. It is "ONLY" a transit lift.

You cannot recreational ski From Zurs to St Anton or vica versa.

ONLY possible by hiking,skinning & off piste which is not possible right now & should NOT be attempted Skullie Skullie without a Guide.

There are NO Pistes between Zurs & St Anton.
latest report
Evening @stanton. Got some flights to Memmingen next Saturday for a few days. All things being equal St Anton would always be my first choice, but looks like it might be better in Ischgl or Solden at the moment? Do you think they will open any more next week when there are a few more people about, or do they already have as much open as they can with the available snow?

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
@SteveKirby, I've skied Ischgl and Obergurgl recently - Ischgl has great cover on the vast majority pistes but is almost all artificial snow, Obergurgl (ok that's going back a couple of weeks) had plenty of natural snow and skied much better (at least until Ischgl warmed up enough for the snow to soften).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@clarky999, thanks
snow conditions
@stanton,
I'm quite aware that there is no normal skiing between Stuben and Zürs (the new lifts are not St.Antonian, they are Zürsian/Stubonian Toofy Grin )

@SteveKirby, In the German Alpinforum it is mentioned that Ischgl is not as good as it used to be the last few early seasons
snow conditions
Bunch of 7 pals looking for a taxi transfer from INN Flughafen to Anton in early March, any recommendations? I've emailed Antoner and Arlberg Express but wondered if anyone has any connections or know anyone in INN rather than using likely more expensive St Anton based companies?

I suggested the train but they don't land until 17.30pm on Sunday and don't want to miss their dinner and want to hit town asap ready for Monday morning early start so want a private taxi. Got a bit to show them methinks newbies to the area..... Toofy Grin
latest report
@SteveKirby, Ischgl is almost all open. Quite hard packed pistes. Lovely and sunny today.
latest report
Thanks @nozawaonsen, looking a better bet than S Anton for next week then. Ah well, back to the Arlberg at Easter!
snow conditions
@Markymark29,
We've been using https://www.taxi-airporttransfer-tirol.com the last few years. Friendly, experienced and accurate
They charge 180 euro for Innsbruck-Lech, whilst Taxi Der Lecher charges 265 euro.... rolling eyes
snow conditions
@Markymark29, http://www.harry.co.at/en
snow report
@Markymark29, I've used taxi Tirol a few times. Looks like €170 each way
snow conditions
Thanks guys, I got 316€ return quote from yours @Langerzug, cheers all.
latest report
snow making at Nasserein

ski holidays
@Markymark29,

Sounds good!
latest report
@kitenski, Looking forward to jumping off those..... Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy