Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.flexenbahn.ski/news_detail.html?id=detail&nid=news+30
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Off to St Anton 7th Jan, glad to see the snow is looking good.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A good hit for Lech today - about 20cm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
More snow due.....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Markymark29,
Which weatherreport are you watching???
A full week of Föhn lies ahead!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Langerzug, Behind the Föhn comes the snow, I don't take notice of weather forecasts I speak with friends who have lived there all their lives....they know stuff😜 Seems to work, I've no concerns about snow!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Markymark29,
I'm afraid that is too optimistic.
Austrians are not like the Dutch (or the English??)....they are not as candid, and tend to avoid negative news....Especially if it suits there wallet...
And anyway, weatherpredictions more than 5 days ahead are nonsense always...No Austrian Farmer, late yellow gentian or early hibernating Murmeltier can tell me differently Very Happy
But let's indeed hope the weather pattern is not turning out to copy autumn/early winters 2014 and 2015....because there are some similarities already....(some early snow and prolonged very warm temperatures afterwards)... The loss of snow in Lech/Warth this week was remarkable...Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skied in Stuben today - about 10-15cms of snow fell last night, but other than the most sheltered spots it was already heavily wind and sun affected. Solid snow depth on the pistes around St Christoph and Stuben, and especially where they've been bashed last week I still expect it to last. Snow cannons were running up on Kapall too.

TBH warm weather until the winter tap turns on properly is fine by me, and if it works out like that would avoid the deep persistent weak layers of the past two seasons.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

TBH warm weather until the winter tap turns on properly is fine by me, and if it works out like that would avoid the deep persistent weak layers of the past two seasons.

Yep. Rain / warm weather now is better than clear skies and cold air above the early season base. Best scenario would be unsettled and miserable weather then getting cooler, rain turns to snow and not stopping until March Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sah, sounds dreamy! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999 wrote:
@sah, sounds dreamy! Very Happy

Never quite turns out that way though Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep. I am afraid the dreaded Fohn is with us for the forseable future (week) . Very mild in town +9C & freeze level is above the Valluga.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
New Extreme Route.

139 Oschenboden from the Middlestation (Flexenbahn)

http://www.abbag.com/de/winter/skigebiet/beschreibung/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, Shown in black dotted on the map - I guess this will be signed, looks good
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ochsenboden is not new, has always been there as an extreme route.
Problem now is the inconclusive information that SkiArlberg is giving about the situation at the Flexen-Trittkopf Middlestation.
The main skimap (not the interactive one) is suggesting from the station a red piste is available towards Zürs.....
Is gonna be very interesting: Trittkopf I and Flexenbahn have much larger capacity than Trittkopf II.
And 50% of Trittkopf I gondola's coming from Zürs with people automatically goes up to Trittkopf II...
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/elbhGjNPPUQ
ski holidays
when was that filmed, that's not current conditions right?
snow conditions
@Windskisurf, Last season, just a taster Happy
snow conditions
Folks

It is to warm again +6C

Most the snow below Gampen has melted.

No snow if forecast until maybe begin of December It will get cooler so they will be able to make snow .
snow report
Too, sadly
ski holidays
Has anyone tried the Audi Driving Experience listed below for the opening weekend? Just wondering what to expect!

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/events/stanton-ski-open-2-4-december-2016
latest report
How come the Flexenbahn and the new Albona lift are not showing on the St Anton sites yet. Are there expected delays
in opening them?
ski holidays
Great vid, great tune.

That you @stanton?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 24-11-16 18:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@mcg, Already running!
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
.That you @stanton?

Nein! I do not do.....

Fat Skis ( cheating)
Helmets
Avibags/Backpacks

Very Happy
latest report
@stanton, .....skiing? wink
ski holidays
Stiil far ahead, I know, but as we are all sitting and waiting this horrendous Föhn to stop: A new clear "snowsignal" has come up today in the -up till now very dry- long term weatherpredictions: It should come timely on December 1. Let's all pray!

https://www.meteoblue.com/nl/weer/voorspelling/14-dagen/lech_oostenrijk_2772798
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:

Not much of that ...Just one run once I've hiked up.you do not need anymore.

This is what its all about in season. Take the bus the other way down valley (Flirsch,Strengen,Pians) away from the Tourists. Plenty of routes fresh POW every day. Early Hike up, short break the make one long descent down . Free Bus back into St Anton & up to Moos/KK Happy Ski For FREE.

http://www.skitours-paradise.com/tour/lechtaler_alpen/dawin/dawin_gratl
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flexenbahn Alpe Rauz

Amazing project management.

Some new Fotos of the completed valley station, new ski bridge.

http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=55617&sid=1a22e4c32a78bc866702b586eece30e2&start=550#p5096484
latest report
@stanton, Awesome engineering, brilliant construction progress and planning, cant wait to ride it......24th December and counting..... Very Happy
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:

Not much of that ...Just one run once I've hiked up.you do not need anymore.

This is what its all about in season. Take the bus the other way down valley (Flirsch,Strengen,Pians) away from the Tourists. Plenty of routes fresh POW every day. Early Hike up, short break the make one long descent down . Free Bus back into St Anton & up to Moos/KK Happy Ski For FREE.

http://www.skitours-paradise.com/tour/lechtaler_alpen/dawin/dawin_gratl

Nice! Had a fun day skinning up the old pistes at Pettneu last season, but had to turn around and ski down early when we found a lost husky!
snow report
ok stupid question, I should know this... does the Flexenbahn take skiers both ways (which would seem logical) or do you still have to take a bus one way?
snow report
no bus@horizon, lift down I guess or ski over top of flexenpass roof and down to Stuben wink
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
no bus@horizon, lift down I guess or ski over top of flexenpass roof and down to Stuben wink

I assume skiing directly down to Rauz is not possible (without a parachute)?
ski holidays
@sah, Red Bull do those wing-suits I think, saw them on Red Bull TV..... wink

Where there's a will there's a way......I'm sure we'll find a way..... wink

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 25-11-16 13:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:
@sah, Red Bull do those wing-suits I think, saw them on Red Bull TV..... wink

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:

Just a reminder. It is illegal to Ski off the Flexenpass Galerie or any of the Galerie's covering highways but I know some folk do/try to wink

http://youtube.com/v/jVxf_It7iXM
snow conditions
Langerzug wrote:
Stiil far ahead, I know, but as we are all sitting and waiting this horrendous Föhn to stop: A new clear "snowsignal" has come up today in the -up till now very dry- long term weatherpredictions: It should come timely on December 1. Let's all pray!

https://www.meteoblue.com/nl/weer/voorspelling/14-dagen/lech_oostenrijk_2772798

I am concerned about what is behind that Dec 1-3 depression... rising another possible fohn, at least it appears to be colder than the last two pre Xmas/Sylvester seasons so they they get the cannons on.
ski holidays
@stanton, Calm down......it's November. I'm there 23rd December and i'm chilled about this years prospects. Its been a great start, OK warm Föhn this last week or so but its still early days, I see this as consolidation/ base layer formation time (or am I missing something)? You commented earlier this week that its melted below Galzig, I don't know which webcams you are looking at, the ones I look at now and again look pretty good. 2 Saturdays ago Clarky999 was skiing in knee deep powder down Kandahar, that can't be such a bad thing can it, the piste bashers will have hammered this already and the cannons are working.
snow report
@Markymark29, Below Gampen. Osthang is OK
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy