Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
The Schlegelkopf building looks pretty brutal, but maybe with snow on the flat roof and terrace it will blend in more. In some ways a modern design can look better than a fake "chalet" if it disappears in to the landscape. It will probably look pretty horrible in the summer though Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having had a good look, I'm actually quite convinced the Schlegelkopf restaurant in reality will not be as massive as the drawing suggests.
It will be on the same location as the -former- Frozen Icebar, back to back with the topstation of the Schlegelkopf 4-chair. They can't image something hugely ugly there

Skihütte "Der Wolf" is positioned in between the topstations of the Petersbodenbahn and the Auenfeldjet.
Stylewise it will be similar to the Schneggarei hütte. A modern wooden Hut

The number of construction-sites in Lech-Zürs is sheer endless this summer
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lech

http://strolz.panomax.com/#
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can see the restaurant construction the the top of the Schelegelkopf and top of the Petersbodenbahn in this web camera:

http://kriegerhorn.skiarlberg.at/en-GB?overlay=true

Zoom in with the slider on the right and drag the image back and for instead of waiting for it to pan around.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK Folks. If you go over here you can see all the latest liftbuild fotos

Not much on the status of the new Albonabahn II apart from the old Albonabahn II (Chairlift) is taken down.

http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=55617&start=175#p5084825
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
According to the German Forum. There has been a complete Piste renumbering scheme.

Also interestingly Two new officiail Skiroutes to Arlenmähderbahn and to St. Christophbahn Skullie Skullie

More offpiste ruined Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Also interestingly Two new officiail Skiroutes to Arlenmähderbahn and to St. Christophbahn

More offpiste ruined

It's probably not really going to change much, both those areas get heavily skied already, especially down to Arlenmähderbahn.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sah wrote:
especially down to Arlenmähderbahn.

Yeah that area got trashed when they put in the new chair.

It used to be a private powder paradise because folks were put off by the steep T bar..

I love it when that lift malfunctions it becomes a private powder once again Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep, when I first came to St Anton I remember that area was for good skiers only, un-groomed too I think?

When the lift is closed how do you get out? Do you drop down to the road? I did that once, there is a really nasty gully you need to cross, it's a horrible terrain trap and best avoided IMHO.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The very latest Arlberg Region Piste Map with all the New numberings, Facilities , ski routes you can access here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3axcza9r3ons4t7/Panokarte_gesamt_ist_geschlossen_359x277_2016-08-05_5c_print.pdf?dl=0#
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, that will mess with some people's minds. I never bothered memorising the piste numbers and, after 15 years, I still know only a few of those numbers, so a non-issue for me.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ulmerhutte, After 30yrs+ i still onlyvknow about three or four piste numbers.

I am just glad they have not included all the Off Piste (by there local names) descents.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stanton, your doing better than me then, I know no piste numbers.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Markymark29, Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ulmerhutte, @Markymark29, @stanton, I'm with you there. Part of the charm of the Arlberg is using real place names and navigating in the mountains by the actual features and places instead of just following lines on a map. I love the fact that locals and regular visitors never use the piste numbers. In fact, they seldom use the piste names either, partly because they often don't ski on the piste but also because it's easier to refer to the real places.

I've had to learn some numbers in the last few years as I've introduced friends to the area. Obviously they rely on the piste map to get around so I now find I have to carry a piste map so I can look at the numbers and give them directions over the phone when they get lost. Thankfully they are learning the real names now, so maybe in future I'll insist on not using the numbers with them, force them to do a kind of immersion course in the Alrberg Happy.
snow report
Nothing to add to this thread other than flights and Pepi's ski hotel booked today for 11-15 March Very Happy Introducing my 19 year old to the delights of the area (albeit that he has been to Stuben and Oberlech, but was too young to experience the apres Toofy Grin )
Can't wait and hopefully no fecker will break my ribs this time round
snow report
Darmstattehütte today on mtb, just setting out .....very warm day 28C forecast......good job the Rendlbahn is working!!

Awesome film footage of Stefan Haüsl and his mate Björn skiing above Darmstattehütte in his latest movie that premiered last night at the Filmfest in St Anton, he was there, great guy. It was filmed 29 April this year, after the big snowfall when the lifts had all closed, apparently snow was really stable at such steep angles. Huge lines and exposure, great footage of Stuben also, big pillow jumps and crazy steeps, wide turns. Also a great film called Shangrila featuring Berndt Zangerl from Flirsch and two others (including a brilliant Iranian female climber), bouldering new routes in the Himalayas. Was going to stay for a mtb video of Malawi but was getting tired after a huge walk yesterday, need to catch that another time online, think the previews of these are all on servus.tv if anyone interested.
latest report
@boabski, ah, we leave on 11th.....shame, great location though, never stayed there.
snow report
@Markymark29, Rendlbahn.....thats cheating !!
snow report
You can kind of see why the environmentalists get so upset.

Warth

Ready for the season 17/18 building a new reservoir with 170.000m3 volume and up to 15m deep.
The aim to have full snowmaking. especially the southern slopes towards Auenfeld. The reservoir is being built in the Salober area . 80 new guns

https://www.facebook.com/Gebrüder-Rüf-Bau-und-Transport-GmbH-Co-KG-464893310379899/photos/?tab=album&album_id=578255685710327
snow report
New Schlegelkopf Restaurant

ski holidays
Vaya Resorts will be opening this season

http://youtube.com/v/4KFXIsoQpFs
latest report
Some fotos of the snowmaking work there doing this summer over in Warth (Ugly)

http://www.geo-alpinbau.at/aktuelle-bauvorhaben/speicherteich-hochalpsee/
snow report
Back in Zurs a massive Meccano Set is being assembled.

The Helicopter Company has made more money this summer that they make all winter !!

https://www.facebook.com/aste.weissteiner/photos/pcb.1067023139999676/1067022883333035/?type=3&theater
snow report
Anyone wan to take a guess at how tall this Pylon is ?

The excavation work up the hill I believe is for Avalanche control (Underground Heating). Probably going to need some concrete buffers built as well.
snow conditions
Lech

New Skihutte Der Wolf

snow conditions
Alpe Rauz

snow conditions
AlbonaII & New Ski Bridge

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got loads of photos of the new lifts going in, if anyone can give me a 3-4 line list of instruction how to upload photos on here i'll try in next day or 2, suffice to say its awesome what they are doing currently at Alpe Rauz, Zurs and Albona (Lech too but I'm not hugely interested in Lech/ Oberlech lift, I'm not Chic-y-Micky enough to ride that one).....

The last one above looks like there's been a meteor strike in the bushes there, or is it a sink-hole, either way its going to be approached with caution next season!?? wink
ski holidays
@Markymark29, Easiest way IMHO

1. Upload photos to photobucket.com
2. Click on the photo you want to upload in photobucket
3. Click to the right of the pic where it says IMG
4. Paste the link that was just copied in stage 3 into snowheads
snow report
Drone video back up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&v=U2HfF4TevMg&hl=de
snow conditions
Some apres updates. Snowtones not playing Griabli again this year. It will be that lame band with the female singer. Hage will be playing Piccadilly on Saturdays. Always liked it when the snowtones player griabli and you could catch Gunnar in Piccadilly if you were quick enough
snow conditions
Cable is arriving. Must be some haul to drive that truck up the Flexenpass Shocked

and then haul a reel up the hill

latest report
@stanton, Impressive stuff. Amazing progress. Its come on so far since I was there only 2 weekends ago.
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/AjYEzwS_KRg
latest report
Most Stylish new Skiservice Depot in the Alps (Strolz) in Lech (digital impression)

http://www.kitzmueller-architektur.at/projekte/2016/skiservicestrolzlech/
snow report
Top of Albona

ski holidays
The new Albona lift isn't going to operational this year though is it? I was hoping for one more quiet season!
snow conditions
@sah, Yes it is, Albona 1 for Stuben quiet lunch stops too.
snow conditions
The new lift/piste map is not showing the old lift.

They may not be removing it this sesson just in case AlbonaII Gondola is not ready or has teething prolems they will have backup .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy