Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone skiing/snowboarding next week?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Thinking of trying to squeeze in a last minute trip next week, considering perhaps Val Tho or Tignes (I realise my options are limited anyway!). I wondered if anybody else is travelling next week and if they would share their plans eg. Location, accomodation and travel plans to give me some inspiration?

Happy hump day!

Lambo.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And indeed if anyone has accommodation available please message me.

Thanks.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go North... http://wepowder.com/forum/topic/227478
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A group of us are off to Kaunertal in Austria next Saturday for spring break, fly out on the Saturday and back Wednesday only 160 quid for 4 nights accommodation and 3 day lift pass.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Might go out for a last minute powder fix around Sun/Mon-Wed/Thurs next week, but will leave it very last minute to decide on location based on best snow and forecast.

So far i'm thinking La Clusaz, Chamonix, Engelberg or Stubai Glacier.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
francium. wrote:
A group of us are off to Kaunertal in Austria next Saturday for spring break, fly out on the Saturday and back Wednesday only 160 quid for 4 nights accommodation and 3 day lift pass.

Thanks will look into it. Is that Sat the 30th? Which accomodation please?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999 wrote:

An interesting read!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
musehead wrote:
Might go out for a last minute powder fix around Sun/Mon-Wed/Thurs next week, but will leave it very last minute to decide on location based on best snow and forecast.

So far i'm thinking La Clusaz, Chamonix, Engelberg or Stubai Glacier.

Awesome! What will you base you decision on exactly? Any particular sites?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Lambo89, I'm checking Wepowder and all the usual forecast/model sites (info about them in weather forecast thread). Will also base my decision on price/availability of flights, accommodation, areas close to convenient airports, amount of terrain open and altitude, price of a guide and whether or not it would be possible to book one last minute, preference for areas I already know.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999 wrote:

Great read. Thanks.

I'm looking at flying out on Sunday (24th) and back on Thursday (28th), preferably from Cardiff.

I'm considering:

FRANCE
Val D'Isere
Tignes

ITALY
Cervinia

AUSTRIA
Ischgl
Solden
Obertauern
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm going to greenland tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm looking at EK, probably travelling UK-GVA 25 Apr out, either 1 or 2 May return. Manchester option looks best for me. Have feelers out for accommodation, preferring catered if price OK. Considering car rental from GVA as most convenient and probably best value option for transfers. Have also looked at Lyon flights but much more expensive and Grenoble doesn't look a realistic option as close season approaches.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still very unsure on next week - the forecasts from GFS, Wepowder and yr.no have not really aligned yet.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Really is difficult to know what to do for the best!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Probably settling on Engelberg. The WRF and EURO4 models are optimistic for good snowfall for that area, with the GFS a bit less so. GFS seems to be favouring either west (Chamonix) or east (Solden/Stubai)

There's not much terrain open in Engelberg at all next week which might be a sticking point, and it will probably be quite cloudy. I'll take the skins and may hire a guide.

It will definitely be cold.
snow conditions
Lambo89 wrote:
Really is difficult to know what to do for the best!

Val Thorens is holding up well and the forecast is for cold over the next few days and some snow. Could be excellent conditions.
ski holidays
I will be in Solden for the end of season thing (mayday weekend). Conditions... all depends, but it's looking reasonably promising. Ishgl has Muse on Saturday which would be good, but my mates are in Solden.
latest report
@Lambo89, hi, did you decide yet, what to do for the best? Very Happy
ski holidays
Just having a deciding/planning sesh now!
ski holidays
Well Axamer Lizum yesterday sucked - only about 5cms on top of re-frozen icy crud rather than the 20-30 I expected. Stubai apparently got a solid 30-40, and driving over the Arlberg Pass this morning St Christoph had a good 20+, quite likely ~50cms at altitude. Stuben looked very filled in too. Hopefully later in the week Silvretta-Bielehöhe should yield some good touring...
latest report
Availability of flights proving a problem!
latest report
Still got 4 weeks on Saturday to go before I set off for a week in Kaprun.
latest report
Lambo89 wrote:
Availability of flights proving a problem!

Really, where are you flying from? Should be plenty into Munich and Zurich pretty much year round!
snow conditions
Engelberg is pretty good, for late April. I missed the Japan-style 50cm of fresh faceshot powder yesterday - today it's windblown so more dense but still soft and fun to ski in, although the light has been flat. Top half of Laub was fantastic but the snow was heavy with a bit of a crust below about 1800m and the final part was very hard work. Possible to ski all the way to the Ritz restaurant though.

Around 20cm is forecast tonight with temperatures remaining cold tomorrow (peaking about -3C @ 1800m), less wind and the sun should come out in the morning for some visibility. Top lift has been closed to skiers the last two days, so no tracks on the Steinberg Glacier yet. The Jochpass side is closed for the season so all totally untracked too.
latest report
Sleet and snow mix in Cardiff, so hopefully skiable snow almost 900m higher up on Pen-y-Fan in the Brecon Beacons soon Smile
ski holidays
musehead wrote:
Engelberg is pretty good, for late April. I missed the Japan-style 50cm of fresh faceshot powder yesterday - today it's windblown so more dense but still soft and fun to ski in, although the light has been flat. Top half of Laub was fantastic but the snow was heavy with a bit of a crust below about 1800m and the final part was very hard work. Possible to ski all the way to the Ritz restaurant though.

Around 20cm is forecast tonight with temperatures remaining cold tomorrow (peaking about -3C @ 1800m), less wind and the sun should come out in the morning for some visibility. Top lift has been closed to skiers the last two days, so no tracks on the Steinberg Glacier yet. The Jochpass side is closed for the season so all totally untracked too.

<blockquote>
<p> I have to post one more...Deep all the way down! #engelberg #epic #powder</p> <p>A video posted by Oskar Enander Photography (@oskar_enander) on <time>Apr 25, 2016 at 2:47am PDT</time></p>
</blockquote>
<script></script>
snow report
Yeah I'm a bit gutted I didn't arrive one day earlier! Fingers crossed for tomorrow though...
snow report
Couldn't quite get what we wanted with flights etc. so went hillwalking in Ireland instead. Hope folks had a good one!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy