Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When do you book?

Poster: A snowHead
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Yeah but it makes great viewing! they all think theyre so special- my favourite is when theyre delayed 2 hours on an easyjet flight and go off in a huff to fly with a "proper airline like BA" haha pull the other one!

Exactly, it's all image of course, they try and crack on they're experienced international travellers and seem surprised flights are delayed. The handful of times I've flown Easyjet I've been delighted with the service. I fly a lot less nowadays on business but all of the hastles I've had with delays and cancellations have been with "proper" airlines, mostly BMI in fact when I lived in the UK.

In fact, I pursued it with them once and gave them boarding cards for 15 or so flights that had been delayed or cancelled out of 20-odd in the space of a couple of months or so. They gave me some money and a free pair of return tickets to Paris which made me laugh, like I'd risk my leisure time on their service Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Be wary of EasyJet on the last flight from Zurich - not only does it actually leave twenty minutes earlier than some of their timetables say, but once you're in the plane they invariable shut the doors then tell you you're going to sit there for 40 minutes before you'll leave. You finally get into Luton after midnight when you're rushing for the last Thameslink train.

Of course, it might have improved since SwissAir went bust and Swiss cut-back their operations, now there's a lot more slots available.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skanky wrote:
Be wary of EasyJet on the last flight from Zurich - not only does it actually leave twenty minutes earlier than some of their timetables say, but once you're in the plane they invariable shut the doors then tell you you're going to sit there for 40 minutes before you'll leave. You finally get into Luton after midnight when you're rushing for the last Thameslink train.

Of course, it might have improved since SwissAir went bust and Swiss cut-back their operations, now there's a lot more slots available.

Since I usuaully arrive in plenty of time leaving early's just fine for me. The BMI flight I used to commute from Paris on was habitually at least 30 mins late which made the difference between getting a pint in the local and not:D And at 400 odd quid a go for the tickets that's disgraceful.

Swiss are good I understand, dirt cheap flights at Xmass for Mrs Ise's brother, something like 100 quid return. In fact we'd bought the flights as Xmass/Birthday gift for him and when he went home they asked him to fly 5 minutes earlier and gave him 60 quid back, so he got paid to fly Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've flown Zurich-Luton on the late night flight many times, and I can only remember one occasion when we left on time (usually about 1hr late due to late arrival of aircraft). They're still the best provider of late night flights that allow you to ski all day and still get to the airport in time for your flight - and they don't charge for ski carriage.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What really really annoys me is that BMI and BA and even Easyjet now are allowing at least half an hour longer than neccessary per journey so it looks lke they turn up on time!

An hour and a half for a Heathrow to Glasgow flight!? madness! And I didnt even get my standard Panini on the way just pretzels!

The worst cabin crew have to be BA- especially Short Haul, you can feel the hatred oozing from their pores as they throw your drink at you (witches!)

On the plus side Ryan air and Easyjet are easily the most efficient airlines ive flown with, on time, nice staff, short check in ques - anyone ever tried to check in with BMI @ Heathrow? you'll know what i mean

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
What really really annoys me is that BMI and BA and even Easyjet now are allowing at least half an hour longer than neccessary per journey so it looks like they turn up on time!

Ryanair are doing this too. I regularly fly Blackpool to Stanstead & it takes 35 mins tops. They allow 55 minutes for the flight & always announce our arrival in Stanstead "20 minutes ahead of schedule" in a real smug smarmy voice.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B - I'd rather spend the night in Zurich than Luton and get one in the morning.

As for the other ailines, I don't fly RyanAir after they lost a mate's bag and treated him like he was trying to pull a fast one on them when he (a) tried to get it back then later (b) tried to get compensation (it was outbound on the hioliday and he eventually gave up on their stonewalling and had to buy a load of stuff). I know other airlines lose luggage, but all the others I've experienced (and know people who've had problems) have had reasonable treatment - and some compensation. I know it's covered by insurance, but there's still a lot of hassle involved. Plus I don't like flying with an airline who'll land you in the wrong country, let alone wrong city if you're only going for a weekend.

As for Easyjet, though I don't mind them (I'll be flying with them this summer), I've never known them to have a short queue and they're only cheap if you book long enough in advance.

Only used BMI twice and that was to Milan. They were fine both times.

Funny really how different perceptions can vary so much. It's shows just how up and down (if you'll pardon the pun) the airline industry is. It'll all be different in a few years though, I should think.

Eurostar anyone? Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Bunny wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
What really really annoys me is that BMI and BA and even Easyjet now are allowing at least half an hour longer than neccessary per journey so it looks like they turn up on time!

Ryanair are doing this too. I regularly fly Blackpool to Stanstead & it takes 35 mins tops. They allow 55 minutes for the flight & always announce our arrival in Stanstead "20 minutes ahead of schedule" in a real smug smarmy voice.

Everyone does it - it's because of the congestion. Even the trains do it. It now takes ten minutes longer to get from Reading to Paddington than it did 10 (or so) years ago.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are you from Reading too?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not really, I lived there for few years, though. In the early nineties - I was working at the Met Office at the time. Still got friends in the area, though haven't been back for a year or two.

Which part of Reading are you from?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
New Lane Hill, Tilehurst. Went to School on Kendrick Road in town,

Reading til I die and all that Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got a mate who lives in Tilehurst. Norcot Road.

Went out with a girl from a school round there somewhere...did yours have a sixth form and a brown uniform?

You can take the girl out of Reading... Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ours had a sixth form and a lovely bottle green uniform mmmm sexy! Razz
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmmm, no must have been a different school. I know the one you went to though, the Turks Head was one of the places I used to drink in. I seem to remember that the uniform wasn't so bad Blush
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It changed from the Turks head to The Fez and Firkin and then back to The Turk- weird how breweries work isnt it!

Well the uniform was pretty hideous, but at least my mum had the sense to cut my skirt in half so i didnt look like a nun! alas she did it when I was 14 and wouldnt buy me a new one until 6th form!
ski holidays
Yeah, I drank in it in all three phases. It changed it's name because it was bought by the Firkin chain, who then went bust or something so had to sell off a load of their pubs.

The best place to drink was the Turtle - the original one, not the one that's there now. But they pulled that down and built a Brannigans instead - which added insult to injury.
latest report
I remember walking to school past the turtle (original) even at 8 am there were some scaries hanging round!

Its not a brannigans its posh London Street Brasserie- Brannigans (or drug rape central as its also known) is far too scummy to occupy the good location by the river! I remember going into Branningans when I was like 17 and it was over 21 s and I thought I'd made it! Now everyone "gahs dahn Risa innit"
snow report
Yeah, but the "scaries" were usually comatose by the evening. Very Happy At it's peak we had people coming from as afar afield Maidenhead to go there plenty of sixth formers, as well as university students and the like...before it became a victim of its own success.

It was where the Brannigans is/was. Big pub on the edge of the Oracle centre. It might have moved and given up its location to something else.

Thye Iguana bar was a good place to fill up on cocktails first, too - especially during the happy hour. Dunno if that's still going, that started up later.

"innit" lol I'd forgotten that one.
latest report
Bookings for my village sport club's January week-on-snow (Settimana Bianca)
open in September, so we pay in instalments. One must be associated to the sport club, but that isn't expensive at all and it's open to non-villagers as well.
So at one point we had Irish, Scots, Germans and English with us.
All that came to an end though.
The average age of the participants has increased over the years...meaning that there is no new blood coming...and the number of the participants has decreased.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy