Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monterosa Ski 16/17

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else in Champoluc or MR this week/weekend? We arrive tomorrow lunchtime and I'm stupidly excited about what we are about the conditions.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So excited it seems I've forgotten how to write!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As long as you remember how to ski, @skribble! Envious, you should have the most amazing snow. Leave some nice snow for us, please - out there in 3 weeks time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skribble, the GnaBuN crew will be out this week, based in Gressoney
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely day yesterday, perfect spring sunshine, off piste well chopped up but rather nice for chop.

Surprisingly good lunch at the Edelweiss.

Snowing lightly this morning.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And how busy is town? Barely got a restaurant seat for sups. Good to see though and good to see another new bar.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Champoluc was crazy busy on Saturday night. We couldn't get a table for dinner at all and resorted to takeaway pizzas. Conditions were epic though and look great this week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Grubby low cloud today and the promised snow must have been preceded by rain up to quite high. Tucked into Frantze for lunch snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Any updates any one? 11 days until we go Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ wrote:
Any updates any one? 11 days until we go Happy

12 days until we go!

News on conditions would be appreciated, the webcam pictures look fantastic.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bringing up the rear...12 days until we go too! first time in Champoluc and watching the forecasts with interest Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rather warm at the moment, spring skiing conditions. Pistes are in great shape and a delight, but off-piste is shot.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I suspect off piste has been shot since the 13th...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There was a 30cm dump last Wednesday, but temperatures have shot up since. Did manage to ski 10 seconds of corn snow off Punta Indren today, though Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@J2R, those drops should be nice as it warms up if you time it just right
snow report
@under a new name, thanks for the update.
snow report
NickyJ wrote:

Yes, thank you from me as well!
latest report
NickyJ wrote:

Yes, thank you from me as well!
snow report
Got back from there on Sunday. I have to say that despite the warm weather, the pistes were holding up pretty well. On Thursday many of them were getting a bit hard and scraped (and slushy later on), but an overcast Friday with a very light dusting of new snow made conditions more pleasant for the last 2 days. Easter Saturday was very busy, the first time I've ever seen serious queues in the resort, with 30 minute waits at the central Frachey lift. I expect it will have returned to its normal Marie Celeste-like state now, though. With Bergfex at least forecasting good snow for later this week, I would think anyone going out in the next week or two will have a good time.
latest report
Thanks @J2R,
latest report
NickyJ wrote:
Thanks @J2R,

Likewise, thanks for the update.
ski holidays
The Meteoexploration forecast for both Pila and Breuil Cervinia (not Champoluc I know but they don't do a forecast for there and these are two close by resorts) is predicting 60+ cm of snow for Thursday/Friday/Saturday @woodsy and @NickyJ Smile

Bergfex forecast for Champoluc backs this up. J2ski only forecasting 7 cm though

We may well have have timed this ski trip perfectly, I shall be watching the forecast like a hawk

Cool Cool Puzzled Smile
ski holidays
My reports I have been getting keep oscillating between large dumps of snow and a few cm's. Other forecasts are indicating rain Sad

I don't mind skiing in snow but rain is a bit miserable. Oh well. At least forecast temps are lower than I experienced in Bansko in Feb.
snow report
@JoyZipper @NickyJ Some of our party are in resort already, it rained low down overnight, but snowed higher up, slopes are still good high they say, new snow would be ideal . The temp rise and heavy rain forecast on Sunday eve might well pose problems. Fingers and toes crossed for localised colder temps and not too much fohn!
ski holidays
@woodsy, thanks for the update. Flight leaves Gatwick 7:45 tomorrow.
snow report
Thanks for the update Woodsy.
snow conditions
Technically im going out during 2016 so can someone possible change the dates on this thread to this up and coming season dates??.
snow conditions
Thanks admin,im booked to go out for New year ..early I know but hopefully the weather will be favourable this year and give up the goods snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In champoluc on 14th jan... Fair bit of snow already and the snow cannons have been busy last night..
ski holidays
Looks like this coming week will see good amounts of snowfall for Champoluc and surrounding areas.
ski holidays
Much better than this time last year..
snow conditions
Forcast of around 100 cm hopefully Very Happy
ski holidays
We're in Gressoney at the end of January and as we're normally north of the Mont Blanc massive it'll be interesting to see the difference in snowfall.
ski holidays
Fingers crossed - out on 27 December...
snow conditions
Well we can all live in hope fingers crossed and toes and any other bits Shocked
http://wepowder.com/forum/topic/232920
snow conditions
This week is predicted to give really good snowfalls, not quite to resort levels but high up looks like its going to get hammered Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Champoluc/6day/top
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy