Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland snow report 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
The Lecht has now become thee new La Grave.

Why ?

The A93 is the route to Glenshee from Aberdeen, you can still get to the Lecht unless other roads are flooded too.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rjs wrote:
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
The Lecht has now become thee new La Grave.

Why ?

The A93 is the route to Glenshee from Aberdeen, you can still get to the Lecht unless other roads are flooded too.

It just seemed like a good opportunity to bond with another world class, epic ski resort that has suffered recent infrastructure problems too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can get to Glenshee from Aberdeen via the South Deeside Road (B976) between Ballater and Balmoral - thankfully the location of the bit of road that was washed away is between Crathie and Ballater and not Crathie and Braemar.

A93 from the south appears to have survived Frank with no issues.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@roguemazza, great! Wasn't too sure where the damaged road was.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
roguemazza wrote:
You can get to Glenshee from Aberdeen via the South Deeside Road (B976) between Ballater and Balmoral - thankfully the location of the bit of road that was washed away is between Crathie and Ballater and not Crathie and Braemar.

A93 from the south appears to have survived Frank with no issues.

Perhaps the Queen could pay for repairs so she can still get to Crathie church
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bobmcstuff wrote:
So no easy Glenshee access for the foreseeable!

Just drive to the right on the grassy bit in the photo. Problem solved Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well Hillend at least was sliding well this morning Happy

Light rain earlier to lubricate the plastic and at most 20 folk on the slope including the 3 of us.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Apologies if this has been posted before, but just found some footage of the early days of skiing in Glencoe (1939-1994)
Glencoe (1939 - 1994) from Doug Bryce
https://vimeo.com/16034266

Not one helmet in sight.. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Update on the A93 issues
Access to Glenshee from Aberdeen will not be possible for some time as the Invercauld bridge was damaged by the floodwaters, latest update from the council is that this could be for some weeks Sad
Trip up to visit my folks soon could be fun as flying into Aberdeen, still at least everybody is safe.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GEOFFERS cheers for that. love the coe.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very mild again in Aviemore.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just driven down from our annual New Year week in the Western Highlands.
Not a lot of snow in the West that we could see though everything was clagged in and it was peeing with rain across Rannoch Moor.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Temps need to drop. Could be a disasterous season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just finished sending an email to the B&B in Tomintoul I had booked for my son and I to clarify what their cancellation policy is. Confused He is due to race at The Lecht 3 weeks this weekend but I'm very pessimistic as to the likelihood of it going ahead.

This weekends trip to Aviemore was canned a couple of weeks ago but I've 2 more booked for this coming weekend and the following one (my son has race training booked) but I'm equally sceptical that we'll see any snow for those. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like this season could be a wash out. We are due one.
ski holidays
Hopes are rising that Cairngorm will finally open next week...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/794588/hopes-are-high-for-snow-on-the-slopes/
snow report
scotspikey wrote:
Looks like this season could be a wash out. We are due one.

A bit early to give up on it, the season can easily not start properly until well through January.
snow conditions
Fingers crossed for them. It sounds like they're have a really crap time of it in the North East of Scotland at the moment.
latest report
Quote:
A bit early to give up on it, the season can easily not start properly until well through January.
Within the last few years, the snow came and went - with not a single lift in Scotland turning in the month of March Sad .....The snow came back for some April skiing though Smile - so definitely too early to write off the whole season rolling eyes
latest report
This weather is really annoying - high winds and rain for days and days now, I've not been able to get out on the bike once.

Obviously worse for the people who've been flooded though. My boss lives out in Aboyne and apparently they have had some flooding. I went for a run down to the Dee on Saturday and you can see how high the flood water got.

roguemazza wrote:
Update on the A93 issues
Access to Glenshee from Aberdeen will not be possible for some time as the Invercauld bridge was damaged by the floodwaters, latest update from the council is that this could be for some weeks Sad
Trip up to visit my folks soon could be fun as flying into Aberdeen, still at least everybody is safe.

Frustrating as it looks like Glenshee is getting some decent snow at the moment, we would have to go round the southern route via Forfar, which adds 30 minutes or so.
snow conditions
Well, it looks like all the areas are going to get some snow and Saturday might not have awful skiing weather - although if places are open I assume there will be big queues?

Where would be best to go, assuming the areas are open this weekend?
latest report
While there are still a few days to go the webcams are still showing very sparse cover. If they do get anything open it is likely to be thin and in the main bowls. It is also likely that only a few runs will be open. Based on previous form Cairngorm will charge full price and sell more tickets than they should, so in answer to your question, yes, there will be big queues.
latest report
Read elsewhere that Glenshee may get a good dump in the next few days. If so then I might have to eat my words.

Looks like it is beginning to get white already.

ski holidays
Saw some photos on FB of touring at Glenshee yesterday, they reckoned it was pretty good on Sunnyside.

More snow forecast so here's hoping!
ski holidays
As desperate as I am to get out I think it will be grim with queues this weekend. got next Friday booked off so hoping that will be a goer Very Happy
latest report
Mind you Glenshee could be great this weekend (just looked in Winter Highland) and if people can't get there from the North so easily...
ski holidays
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-35241647
snow conditions
MCL wrote:
As desperate as I am to get out I think it will be grim with queues this weekend. got next Friday booked off so hoping that will be a goer Very Happy

Me and a mate are considering sacking off work this Friday and going to Glenshee, looks like it could be the best weather - if they open that is. Forecasting heavy snow tomorrow so I guess they might have a delayed opening Friday.

It kind of depends which forecast you look at though so we will probably play it by ear. Fortunately my boss is away and I'm leaving at the end of February anyway so it is pretty easy for me to bail snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Update from winterhighland on Facebook, and with colder and calmer conditions being forecast for next week this could be the "proper" start of the season...

Foot of the White Lady looking much whiter, there's been several inches of snow overnight and heavy drifting off Plateau areas into the snowsports area on CairnGorm. Gusting >70mph at Top Station, so Funicular not running at the moment. CairnGorm hopeful of being up and running for the weekend and the Lecht pretty confident of spinning at least some tows on Friday. Just what can be offered depends on how today unfolds. Heavy snow currently falling over parts of the Cairngorms.
snow report
@kitenski, no word from Glenshee? Seemed like they were going to get the most snow...
latest report
Update from Glenshee on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/GlensheeSkiCentre/posts/771259756311548

Bad news - more rain than snow overnight, wet conditions with sleet today, unlikely to be skiing at the weekend unless it gets colder now. Shame as they had the most precipitation forecast.

Could try the Lecht, probably give Cairngorm a miss though.
latest report
Area around Aberdeen is slightly flooded...
ski holidays
Cairngorm opening Friday for first time this season.
ski holidays
Glencoe looks good on the webcams but their Facebook says "It's a beautiful morning with the sun out for the first time in weeks. Despite the heavy snow yesterday we still don't have enough yet for skiing and snowboarding. However there is now plenty of snow on the plateau area for sledging and snow man building."

snow conditions
Update from Glenshee on FB:-

Quote:
Hello everyone the boys have now been out on a very white hill and up high it is looking good but the lower slopes are too wet and not enough depth for this weekend.
Touring looks good though.

More snow due Sat and Sunday so hopefully we will be running soon.

latest report
Cairngorm and Lecht open. Video report from Caingorm:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=948546835238835&id=138991532861040&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FmM2XPLulum&_rdr
ski holidays
Will be interesting to hear how busy Cairngorm gets today
snow report
We opened the nursery slopes at the Lowther Hills Ski Club today, then met with the organisers of the Scottish schools race series to discuss our hosting (and get some training on how to organise) a South of Scotland qualifier for the finals.

snow report
MCL wrote:
Will be interesting to hear how busy Cairngorm gets today

Facebook comments are an indicator, not sure if it's a relationship able one to be fair!
latest report
The kind of eejut that woud pish & moan about it on FB is the same kind of eejut that wouldn't expect it to be busy on a w/e at Cairngorm the first day some ski lifts have spun for the season. Not excusing CM/Natural Retreats BTW, or any other ski centre selling more passes than their lift capacity can handle. But people from the Central Belt only look north. They'd actually have had the chance for more vertical on our wee nursery runs, than queuing to lap the Ptarmigan, spent a load less on fuel, saved on 4 hours in the car, and got one of our season passes for the price of their day ticket at Cairngorm Little Angel

http://www.skiclub.lowtherhills.com/join
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy