Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland snow report 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
@kitenski, says :
Quote:
pretty good at Nevis!
wow : stunning shot...

Just seen the NevisRange video which confirms the above Toofy Grin

youtube.com/v/khLJedfcNM4
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heavy snow falling from a north sea streamer. Braemar snow gates. Glas moal operational Laughing
http://www.deesidecomputers.com/cam/image.jpg
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Driving from Dunfermline to the Lecht in morning. Google tells me the quickest route is via Glenshee. Snow gates were shut at Glenshee this morning so now thinking this may not be the best route to get there early. Is via Aviemore my best option?

Sort of a snow related post Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B wrote:

Nevis was great today. Cold (and in places windy) but really good snow up top. Warren was beautiful, although the T bar wasn't running so had to go via summit tow.

Similar views from Nevis today and great snow on the Goose, just a bit thin skiing back to the gondola. Drove up with family in time for afternoon passes and got plenty of laps in before lifts closing. Car park pretty full on arrival, so a busy day by NR standards, but only serious queue we joined was for the return gondola at the end of the day. More of the same tomorrow please!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski wrote:
pretty good at Nevis!

Superb Photo -- Competition standard.............
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@MCL, It's a hard call as the A9 is the better road despite the pot holes and roadworks but the longer route, if there is snow overnight would be worth checking Traffic Scotland to see if A93 or the A939 are closed before you leave.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At glencoe. Bought me mate up who don't have his own kit. The queue is flipping horrendous! He's not skied here before and is a little inexperienced so I can't just dump him and head up. Arghhhhhhh! Conditions look great though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At glencoe. Bought me mate up who don't have his own kit. The queue is flipping horrendous! He's not skied here before and is a little inexperienced so I can't just dump him and head up. Arghhhhhhh! Conditions look great though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@larry1950, we checked online and went via Glenshee. Fine getting there a bit hairy in places on the way home (a few cars off the road) and had to turn round on direct road back to Braemar as couldn't get through a patch of drifted snow so went round Ballater way- was v glad we had winter tyres or don't think we'd have made it home Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glenshee looking fabulous today
http://m.webcam-hd.com/ski-scotland/glenshee
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
albob wrote:
kitenski wrote:
pretty good at Nevis!

Superb Photo -- Competition standard.............

Maybe a link should be included to the photographer... Hamish Frost Photography if I am not mistaken.

https://www.facebook.com/hamishfrostphoto/timeline?ref=page_internal

Look for the 12 Feb post...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@MCL, It's a long time since I drove that way but seem to recall us going back via Aviemore and stopping for a meal there, hope it was worth the journey and you had a good time.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@offpisteskiing,

"..Look for the 12 Feb post... " Thanks..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That Hamish takes some fantastic shots snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is there anyone on here been at either Glencoe or Glenshee today as I was wondering what the lift question are like especially at Glencoe with the Cliffy lift out of action ?.
ski holidays
@meandrew, with it being half term week there will probably be a fair amount of queues - but with almost all uplift and runs open at Glenshee that will do a good job of absorbing the people. I was up on Sunday and it was reasonably busy (but have seen much worse). I don't know Glencoe as well but AIUI the areas in the West tend to be a little less busy during half term.

They've clearly had some high winds at Glenshee as there was a lot of scour and heather poking through on some of the runs, which was disappointing as there had been a decent snowfall in the Dee valley on the drive up (up to about 6" in Aboyne).

Glas Maol was open and in pretty much perfect condition snow-wise, although there seemed to be a permanent foggy blizzard in that valley which made it slightly challenging! In better light it would have been fantastic.

Best pisted runs were Slalom (because the traverse in from Cairnwell T-Bar was brutally windy which kept people off it) and then the one skier's left of the Caenlochan lift - until the wind scoured it down to ice at the top.

Good day, definitely worth the trip despite the mixed visibility (in and out all day), and queues were manageable given it was a Sunday at the start of half term week.

Looks like they are going to get some more snow today/tomorrow (albeit with high winds today), Thursday looks the best day to ski. Staying fairly cold.
snow conditions
Thanks I'm going up in about a hour from Lancashire and will decide in the morning east or west Thursday is looking like its going to be a brilliant day weather wise so at least we will get one decent day as it looks like its going to go off by Friday.
latest report
A reasonable day at Glenshee today, some queues but nothing major. Tomorrow should be better, with some sunshine.

Work is progressing on the new chair, with safety testing due to take place on Thursday 25th and if all goes well it will be in operation thereafter (weather and snow conditions permitting).
snow report
Jealous of anyone who's up today if the weather in Aberdeen is anything to go by - cold, clear and no wind
snow report
Quote:

A reasonable day at Glenshee today, some queues but nothing major. Tomorrow should be better, with some sunshine.

Work is progressing on the new chair, with safety testing due to take place on Thursday 25th and if all goes well it will be in operation thereafter (weather and snow conditions permitting).

Staying cold next week according to the BBC. If they can run the new chair from next weekend that it would be a huge boost for the UKs ski infrastructure snowHead
ski holidays
http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe/

Glencoe picking up some more heavy showers today. More snow over the next three days with freezing level down to sea level Cool
latest report
What happened to the Cliffy Chair at Coe? Haven't they replaced the hamster?
latest report
Glencoe has been amazing today with boot deep and more light powder everywhere with intermittent clear spells with Spring run in awesome conditions,brilliant day and if the weather stays kind weekend looks like it could be even better.
snow report
@Mosha Marc, Cliffhanger has a gearbox problem. Glencoe posted on FB a few days ago that it should be fixed any day now.
ski holidays
http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

The snow continues to fall in Scotland.
snow conditions
Good forecast this week.
I've been in lochaber this w/e hillwalking and its pretty much not stopped snowing above 600m. We encountered a fair bit of graupel up high though and coupled with the winds could make things a bit interesting on certain aspects http://www.sais.gov.uk/lochaber/
ski holidays
Wow !

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe/ NehNeh
latest report
Will be heading to Glenshee Sunday I expect. Would love to get across to Glencoe but the 4hrs each way is a bit much, and hopefully the fact the West is in such good shape will take skiers from Glenshee (maybe a false hope...)

Heard that the new Cairnwell Chair is potentially getting safety sign off today and therefore could be running for the weekend!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bobmcstuff, There are races on at Glenshee on Saturday and Sunday so there will be a few people there.
ski holidays
@rjs, presumably mainly using Slalom etc?

I expect we will be over in Glas Maol most of the day if it's open.
snow report
The snow at Cairngorm is good especially higher up, spent a lot of the day skiing of the Fiacall ridge then the White Lady after the racing had finished, the Cas is also good. They hope to have the West Wall poma going tomorrow which should help with any queues at the weekend. The M2 Day Lodge area are not very good but have been told that the Day Lodge poma should be open at the weekend for access the the West Wall poma
snow report
Just back from a brilliant day at glenshee , haven't ski'd Scotland for 3/4 years to be honest forgot how good it can be on days like today great atmosphere on the slopes the slopes in crack'n condition , sun snow flurry sun 👍
ski holidays
bobmcstuff wrote:
@rjs, presumably mainly using Slalom etc?

I expect we will be over in Glas Maol most of the day if it's open.

Two pistes will be used. One for the U8, U10 & U12 and the other for U14 upwards. I suspect they will both be on the Cairnwell side. My son is in the Bairns race on Sunday.
snow conditions
Are we on the cusp of a very significant milestone for UK skiing wink
ski holidays
The big news just breaking is that the new triple Cairnwell chair is good to go. it sounds as though it has received a ropeways accreditation after being inspected yesterday.

Glenshee facebook page are announcing it is ready to run !
https://www.facebook.com/GlensheeSkiCentre/posts/793891124048411

This will be the 15th chairlift in Scotland although only 9 remain operational. It replaces the original Tiger chair from the 1960s. The Tiger is THE classic Scottish black ski run, genuinely challenging in most conditions. It drops 700 feet from the Cairnwell mountain to the road pass below and provides access to some great off piste.

Great news for Glenshee, particularly given the good ski conditions this weekend, and an important landmark for British skiing. snowHead

You can see the new chairlift on the left and right of the webcam
http://m.webcam-hd.com/ski-scotland/glenshee
ski holidays
I was in Glenshee yesterday (Thurs) morning. A wee bit of flat light first thing then sun for the next few hours. The conditions were pretty fab. Lots of soft new snow and I bet this coming w/end will be jumping as the forecast is good Very Happy Hopefully this w/end everyone will flock to the Tiger side and leave Glas Maol for the rest of us Smile
latest report
What would be my best bet for skiing tomorrow and Sunday. Travelling from Manchester so which would be the best bet, lift queues, snow conditions, travel time etc?
ski holidays
They all have good conditions particularly Glencoe. Glenshee however will have 21 lifts running including the new chair which will have increased roadside uplift by another 1400 persons per hour. No chance of queues now ?
snow conditions
@Peter S, there will still be a bottleneck at Butchers but that should be about it.

@Ricklovesthepowder, it is likely to be vert busy. As stated above kids races on Saturday and Sunday will add to the crowds.
ski holidays
@Ricklovesthepowder, I get updates from Glencoe and they are hoping to have the Cliffy gearbox in place and the tow running for the weekend so queues there should be OK, check out their website or facebook page for more up to date information
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy