Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2015/2016 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon & Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
Zig Zag are reporting that GM anticipate that the whole area will be closed on Tuesday because of high winds. Official decision being made before 08.45.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They need to man up. Glencoe would be open.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was getting the lift passes sorted online last night and a message popped up that I was strongly advised not to buy a pass for Tuesday 9th due to high risk of ski area closure for high winds. At least they were warning us!

Am arriving in Flaine on Saturday (along with the rest of the UK and the population of Paris I suspect), but forecast for next week looking promising - colder, brighter, with plenty of snow in advance. Fingers crossed...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Two lifts open until 4pm today despite the winds. Rain all day but due to the wind no links open. Hoping the temperature drops. Terrible queues and esf's last chance going the way I expected.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any sign of the run into Sixt getting opened for next week? Would like to tick it off as its likely to be our last trip to Flaine for some time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@larkim, I skied Cascades every Feb HT from 2000 to 2012 but currently it doesn't look good as they're in need of white stuff in Sixt. There are cannons and the temp has dropped so maybe, just maybe, you might get lucky. I'm not there so maybe someone who is can elaborate.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great day- snowed over last night. The temperature and wind dropped. probably 6-8 inches of snow over night and during the day. Really nice conditions (a few icy patches showing between the nice stuff on the steeper slopes but really nice.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow overnight, sun this morning. Beautiful skiing but a bit icy lower down.
Never ever come to Morrilon in the French school holidays though unless you enjoy terrible queues. The 3 man lanche chair link to practically everywhere else is a joke and unlike other ski areas hardly any fencing to funnel the swarms.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Flexon, "esf's last chance going the way I expected."

ESF surely not the only game in town?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Flexon, go to les carroz and then up gron, from
there either lairon or gentienes, sorry for spelling on a tiny phone.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sadly tried to get them in zig zag esi but they couldn't get over from samoens to morrilon until the afternoon when I enquired.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks zorrac will try tomorrow.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Never ever come to Morrilon in the French school holidays though unless you enjoy terrible queues.

Well no, indeed. So were you stuck with no choice? Austria? Italy? It's not just Morillon. The amazing thing is that some French families without school age kids also seem to choose these weeks to ski.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We were minimising the time missing school as our kids half term straddled this week and next. Next time we might be "bad parents" and miss the queues.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
5cm of fresh snow overnight in Samoens village...0 degrees...overcast but perfect visibility...hope it stays this cold for half term.. Will let you know how the pistes are later. So jealous as still not back to skiing but dropped my wife off at the lift at 9.30. Pretty quiet.
snow report
Fantastic conditions in morrilon this morning and it's still snowing. The queues have been fine today in morrilon itself.
snow conditions
Snowing heavy in village again . Great mornings skiing according to my wife ...
snow report
if it doesnt' keep snowing can you please leave a little bit for me to use when I get there in a few weeks??? snowHead
snow report
It's not stopped since lunchtime and more forecast next few days ..think you will be fine
ski holidays
ta, you can never have enough snow!!
ski holidays
@snowornever, three and a half weeks for me snowHead
snow report
Staying in Samoens for two weeks and conditions have varied a lot. Early this week was mixed with plenty of rain low down and windy high up. Tueday didnt bother going out at all. From Samoens the problem is if the Chariande Express is closed then the plateau at 1600 offers little and is swarming with people with awful queuse.

Thursday was magnificent especially in the Gers Bowl above Flaine for the off piste albeit an epic drag at up to 50 degrees back up. Today is snowed from first thing and great skiing in the trees above Morillion. Unfortunately Lanches was shut due to high wind (it was really windy and blizzard like conditions even at 2000m) so had to whizz down to Morillion to get the bus back to Samoens. Ski bus a bit manic (and I'm sure much worse later in the day) but they were laying on extra services.

Been snowing all day but now raining hard in Samoens Village.
snow report
Snowing in morrilon all evening. Wish I was skiing tomorrow. Absolutely beautiful outside.
snow conditions
4 seasons in 1 day !!
Woke up to ovnight snow. 40cm at 1600, pistes quiet but village is extremely busy ready for tomorrow. 2 hours of blue sky, typically we we were have lunch. It was good though ! Now raining heavy in village
snow conditions
We arrived last night about 3 30am so late start this morning. Wasn't going to bother skiing today as only had about 3 hours sleep but tempted by the blue skies and fresh snow.

Went for it but by the time had negotiated picking up rental kit the clouds had started to roll in. Went up in any case and was greeted at Samoens 1600 by a blizzard and white out. Have never seen it that windy there. Skied a couple of the beginners runs but conditions were terrible so bailed.

Kids start their lessons tomorrow so hopefully better weather.
snow conditions
Rather nice in les carroz, quite a lot of powder not that light. V windy all links shut, but trees v nice and felire esp nice. Not that busy either after 1, prob because they shut the gondola. Will be mad busy tomorrow.
snow conditions
Was rather windy first thing, gondola shut for a bit, then things got better during the day, rather nice powder all over, just got a bit heavy lower down this afternoon. Did not seem that busy
ski holidays
Started skiing after lunch. Snow at Samoens 1600 was like concrete today probably because it rained on the fresh snow...sleeting, low vis, yuk. Might have been better higher up but heart not in it. Joined throng of similar lightweights in Lou Caboens. Hoping for better weather tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Powder or concrete ??
Someone is telling porkies .... My 2 daughters came back after a great days skiing in fresh snow, on and off piste. If it we had blue skies every day we would have no snow !
snow conditions
Lightest concrete I have ever skied Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Roll on more snowy days, makes it quiet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Lots of lovely powder at first, trees were magic, then viz got a bit duff in les carroz, so went to Flaine and found some more superb powder, and then more under the gondola and the viz was OK, but viz on the way back to les carroz was very duff, so stopped at 230. Snowing again now Very Happy Cool Cool
ski holidays
Superb day, wonderful conditions, lots of Sun high up. Gers was amazing, as was all the rest we did inc vernant bowl couloirs which had brilliant snow, if first down which we were just about. Queues a bit bad in places, but lifties v good at filling spaces. Only bad bit was tweaked my knee, going under a rope!!! But hopefully will be OK tomorrow
ski holidays
Great to hear conditions are great. Just over a week to go. Can't wait. Hopefully forecasted snow arrives this weekend freshen things up after the half term hoards. @Zorrac. Hope your knee is okay really appreciate the updates from you and others on site.
latest report
Anyone know whether Cascades will open soon?
snow conditions
Given current depths of snow around 1,000m, @genevan, I'd think it unlikely that Cascades will open any time soon without significant more low level snow. But I don't know what the local priority on opening it is...and how much effort they'd put into it.
snow report
Another brilliant day today. Beautiful sunshine once you get out of the valley.

Skied over to Les Carroz and conditions were great although a little icey lower down.

Back to Samoens and a lovely run down Marmottes just in time to pick kids up from ski school.

V warm in the afternoon sunshine now.
latest report
Quote:

Hopefully forecasted snow arrives this weekend freshen things up after the half term hoards

and ready for the Parisian hordes.......
snow report
Still super conditions, man made snow makes it hard lower down in places, but it hard and not icy. South facing off piste was as hard as nails this morning, gets too warm PM. However lots of superb light and deep powder still about if you know where to go. Off piste quiet, but on piste in places had swarms of people. Yesterday PM was very very busy.

Corbalanche lift broke so had to go down portet which was v v v busy
Horrible to be honest. So as v tired packed at 2.30

Cascades unlikely to open anytime soon, not enough snow at the base. There is loads of stuff better than cascades, the only interesting bit is the bottom of it.
latest report
Oh I thought all that hard stuff was ice - sorry. So that's the man made snow? V hard but beats grass any day.
ski holidays
CASSCADE IS OPEN TODAY Happy .. Did it at 12.15 .. But officially opened 1- 4 pm . Was bloody awsome !!! A little hard at the end and had to remove skis for 2 X 20 meters near the bottom but well posted of bare patch so very do able !!! Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy