Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2015/2016 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon & Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
I'm praying for snow for morrilon for a week on Monday. I can't believe how warm it still is but I guess this is a lesson in risking a low resort.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Flexon, why are you praying for snow. There is plenty of snow.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Brooksy69, well worth going over to Flaine, condition are significantly better there. The biggest problem yesterday was the 'let's have another beer/wine, it's our last day' post-lunch speed freaks. There seemed to be a lot of Dutch guys and they are both fast and physically large.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Morrilon is starting to look worn on the webcam. I'm addicted to knee deep or above so I'm always praying for more snow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flaine link closed today due to high winds Sad .. Snow forecast for tonight was a Lil crisp up there today !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@flexon , skied Morrilon this morning it does need a dump your right , piest is in ok order considering the weather tho it's thin in places .. Off piest v hard not nice .. But a dump can change all that Happy ..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most of the high part of Flaine now closed due to high winds. It was very windy at the top this morning and they gradually closed bubbles and chairs until the only significant chair running was Tete des Verds with massive queues.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Flexon, while webcams are not particularly representative, if you want deep powder, qhy aren't you going to Japan? (Or, this year, Whistler?)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last time I went to whistler we had rain not powder. Japan probably is a bit far to take the kids but I did try to persuade my wife last year to take me. The reason I'm going to morrilon is because we are going with a group of beginners to intermediate with kids and we were looking for ski in ski out and it's linked to flaine. I'm sure it will be fine but the rain forecast and temperatures aren't filling me full of confidence.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Even closed les carroz gondola at about 2 so had to go up the chair huge queues
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Took one look at the ticket office queues and headed for Praz de Lys. Hard pistes but no queues. Lovely. Sorry for the smugness!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There has been about 15cm of snow overnight here in Flaine and it is still snowing now. Temps quite warm so I fear there is a chance that it may turn to rain later. They are blasting some of the slopes to reduce avalanche risk and the snow ploughs are out in force on the roads. Hoping for good snow higher up. No idea whether the links will re-open, just having the cabins and all the chairs open will be an improvement on yesterday afternoon. Wind appears to have dropped so let's hope.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ian999, Sssshhhh - don't tell anyone about Praz
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Raining hard in Les carroz at the mo , hopefully it was good snow in the mount , yeaaahh I could hear the top being blown around the mountain this morning too .. Forecast is moderately windy .. Feels a bit more .. Hopefully somethings open tho doubt the visibility will be good .. Hey ho happy skiing guys : or ladies
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stevo_the_saddler, Meant Les Gets !!
latest report
Loads of deep snow high up in flaine and visibility is OK. Quite warm. Grand vans been shut all morning so only a bus to connect to the other villages. Something to do with ice. The rain comes and goes in the resort but if you go high then it's great deep snow. Queue for grand platieres was huge so did the others. Mephisto a few times. Very Happy
snow conditions
Raining in Flaine and all the way up to about 2,000m. Snow very heavy. Not my idea of fun so have thrown the towel in for the day.
latest report
@ian999,
Quote:

headed for Praz de Lys

we headed out of Les Gets and skied at Praz yesterday morning.
latest report
@Pamski, is that near meussy? I've always looked around from the road and been perplexed at where the ski slopes are - is there a website for it?
ski holidays
@Freestyle, yes I think you can access Sommand side from near Mieussy or Praz side from half way up the road from Taninges to Les Gets. There is a website, yes.
latest report
@Chris Mason, oh dear, not sounding too good at the moment Crying or Very sad
snow report
Got back to Samoens last night, heavy rain, low clouds and altogether miserable but this morning much brighter and no rain. Been on the web site it looks like a reasonable amount of fresh snow, I have already heard them blasting.
Going skiing later so will so will let you know what it's like when I get back.
ski holidays
Much better day today. In Flaine bowl there was a bit of low cloud early on. The pistes at the top were boiler plate hard, all the way down to the bottom of the Dessert Blanc chair. Piste bashers had done their best but there were a lot of ruts, bumps and large lumps of ice so skiing was challenging. As soon as the sun got on the slopes they softened up and there was some very good skiing to be had. Went up Grands Vans to discover that the Corbalanches chair wasn't running. Down to the bottom of Molliets via Portets (in lovely condition) and then into Carroz. Timallets is getting narrower by the day. On return to Flaine Vernant, Grands Vans and Corbalanches not working, apparently an electrical problem. By the time we had joined the queue for a bus back to Flaine at the bottom of the Du Lac chair they had found some money for the meter and all lifts running again.

Sun now shining with occasional low cloud drifting in, far too warm, though!
snow report
I started to write this post yesterday when I got back from skiing, but I had taken some photos, so l thought I would try and post them, unfortunately without any success up to now.

I set off from Samoens to go to Flaine, as the weather was forecast to be better higher up thé mountain, but as Chris Mason said, the Vernant, Corbalanche and Du Lac chair lifts were all stopped due to a power cut. So never got to Flaine, will try again today but thanks to Chris Mason's info I will leave it till late morning to give things chance to soften up a bit.

Ended up skiing round Les Carroz and Samoens, mainly in the sunshine, some times in the clouds, the snow coverage was OK in most places, variable and getting thin low down, but still a good days skiing, it is to warm at the moment but that is forecast to change, getting colder and snow forecast.

If anyone can help with the photos I would appreciate it.
snow report
End of four days skiing from Samoens and thanks to postings here for all the ideas and advice. So helpful. Our first time here and the large umbrella inside the rented apartment hallway was definitely a clue!! Rain apart on Sunday enjoyed skiing, ambience on mountain and lunches. Conditions were ok and liked Portet, Sairon and Marmottes red into Samoens. Reds better than blues in some places and easier?! Had a couple of lessons from Zig Zag, very good.
Bit difficult with links closing sometimes but adds to the adventure I suppose. We shall return. Lots more to do. Thanks again to the posts, they are read and appreciated when planning a trip.
snow conditions
Snowing this morning here in Flaine. My guess would be that it only started at about 6am so cover at the moment very limited. Probably only a few cm at resort level, but any fresh snow is better than none.

Yesterday was a repeat of Monday: hard icy pistes higher up, a little softer lower down. Higher up was again very hard work so went over to Carroz and Morillon, where the pistes were softer and easier to ski. In the afternoon Mephisto off the top of the Aup de Veran was wind swept with a very hard icy base. The off piste is still pretty horrible and needs some fresh snow on it. Problems with the lifts appear to have been solved with no identified closures. Gers bowl, Cascades and Lindars Nord closed, presumably due to lack of snow.
snow report
Raining here in Samoens at the moment but forecast to snow later in the day, it looks very cloudy on the mountain, will go for a ski after breakfast and check things out.Hopefully skiing in powder later on.
snow report
Lindars Nord & Red Fred was open a few days ago with v nice snow.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Raining in Les carroz this morning Sad ..
ski holidays
Just got back to Samoens after skiing, it has just started snowing down in the village and it's a lot colder than it has been.

What a difference a day makes, because it was dumping down with snow and visibility was not good I went over to Les Carroz to ski in the trees, it was fantastic. I never went below the Gron chair but above it the snow was lovely powder and even though I did some of the runs several times, because of the quantity of snow coming down, they seemed different every run. It was so good I spent hours around the Gron chair, and it was so quiet hardly anyone about.

On the way home I skied around Samoens which was just as good, I reckon about 50cm and it's still snowing.
snow conditions
Brilliant! Spent the day in the Flaine bowl. Has snowed all day and is still snowing. Must have been at least 25cm in the last 15 hours. Vis at the top not great but there have been some windows when the off piste has been amazing. Skiing with a guide today who took us through trees off the sides of the piste. Both sides of the Aujon drag were very good this morning, as were some runs under the Tete des Verts chair.

Diamant Noir Traverse after lunch had up to 50cm of powder on it where the snow had drifted and dropping off this near Almandine meant yet more fresh tracks. An amazing day with more promised for tomorrow. My legs have less than 24 hours to recover......
snow report
Light snow in Samoens village this morning .
ski holidays
On and off piste conditions very good today in the Flaine bowl. Parts of the off piste were crusty where they had been exposed to the wind but otherwise the powder was a pleasure to ski on. Making fresh tracks all day although the light deteriorated from about 1pm onwards. Light snow falling now in Flaine. Leaving tomorrow, will definitely be back at the end of next month but hoping to return before then if the snow conditions stay good and I can juggle my diary.
latest report
Fantastic conditions today, first run apart from the links was the black run Lanche, virtually untracked knee deep powder, so good I did it twice! Skied around above Les Carroz then over to Flaine, snow conditions were excellent.

According to the weather forecast it is going to be sunny tomorrow but then a lot more snow over the weekend and early next week, if that happens conditions will be brilliant.
ski holidays
🏂🎿⛄️😃
snow report
What a brilliant day, loads of fresh snow, sunshine and no queues, it was mega. They have opened the Gers drag lift today, the snow was knee deep powder, magic.

The snow conditions are excellent with more forecast for next week.
snow report
Leaving Morillon today after a week of mixed weather - we started in the pouring rain on Sunday and finished with a fabulous powder day under blue skies yesterday.

Snow conditions are massively improved now following snow right down to village level on Tues/weds. Only the very bottom of Marvel/Sairon is very thin and you cannot ski right down to Morillon village on Doina (well, not if you like your skis, anyway!). The snow up high has been grand all week, it was just the wind and visibility that wasn't great earlier on.

Generally the snow is now excellent and unless it warms up again there's nothing to worry about.
snow conditions
Last days skiing for this trip, back again in about three weeks. Skiing was still very good but a lot more people about today.

The Vernant chair was closed again today because of high winds so no link to Flaine, restricted to Samoens and Les Carroz, but sunshine and great snow conditions.
snow report
Raining this morning in morrilon but had turned to snow by the afternoon transforming things. Nice snow higher up and the visibility in the trees was fine. Quite busy this morning but still lovely skiing in the trees.
snow report
Strong winds at the top link closed. Fine in the morning but turned to rain in the afternoon. Getting thin lower down. Nice snow higher up though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy