Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2015/2016 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon & Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
@sarah jane, Sairon is a lovely blue into Morrillon, its steepest bit is the start then after that it's great for confidence boosting. When you do go to Flaine its best to go over early in the morning before its gets too busy. Bissac is a nice place for lunch, they do great tartifilette 😋
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowing pretty hard in flaine again and I'm going home tomorrow Crying or Very sad snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote]
Do you get to morillon down perce neige?

Alternatively from Tete de Saix head in the direction of Flaine into the Vernant bowl. Don't go up Vernant chair but continue down towards the car park. Just keep going (gets a little flat). It turns into a nice blue piste route down the Molliets chair. It is then an easy ski from the top of that chair into Morillon.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great ideas and so helpful. Thank you. Looking forward to it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh I'm starting to get excited. All the talk of food I think. Igloo and Le Clair I totally agree with love them for morning coffee/ vin chaud or lunch but also L"Fionne think it's on one of the runs towards Le Carroz. Fab Paninni's small but staff will remember you and are really friendly.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Also.... Sairon is my fav run ever. Cruisy blue you can bomb down cause it's wide and long long long. Love it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow in Samoens village this morning,and blue skies above,just off to ski.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will be arriving in Les Carroz tonight. First time skiing this area. Where's best for some fun Apres tomorrow (if anywhere!)?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are also arriving in Les Carroz tonight. Cant wait. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Carroz skiing is great at present
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If I could work out how to post a photo of the perfect pistes and blue skies I would . Cold no wind and very quiet . Days like this really makes me wish I wasn't injured !!! Beers good though !
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bad news your injured AP1, hope your not out for too long because you are right conditions today were absolutely perfect.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Unfortunately won't ski till next season, but the beer tastes the same even on crutches... Another good day in store tomorrow
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Currently snowing and below 0 degrees in Samoen village snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all the updates over the last few weeks. Will be arriving in Flaine on Saturday night so will do my best to reciprocate over the next week assuming I get some internet access. Sounds like conditions should be great for the next few days at least.
snow report
Keep the updates coming guys. It keeps us going when we are waiting waiting waiting. Hope the temps stay low to preserve snow base and hope it snows lots between now and end of Feb when we get out there. Have fun this weekend all who are there. Looks like conditions are perfect. Enjoy!!!!!🏂🏂
snow conditions
Conditions are absolutely fantastic at the moment, I am sure they will stay this way for a while.

Currently snowing steadily again in the village.
ski holidays

10cm in Samoens village over night. Lovely cold fresh powder snowHead
snow report
Still lightly snowing. Sky clearing , looks like a great day ahead. And also looks great for anyone on their way out ..pistes exceptionally quiet
ski holidays
Heading to Les Carroz at end of the month, with our three wee ones. They're probably ready for the bigger trip from LC over to Flaine now, but I remember Tourmaline as being a bit rough for a blue last time I went down. If it's in poor condition, does anyone use Grand Vans chair to get down to the Flaine bowl or is that a crazy idea? I know the kids will love some of the runs in Flaine and will feel so chuffed to have gone all that way, but I'm a bit worried Tourmaline could get us off to a bad start. Any ideas?
While I'm here, does anyone know of any guides for off-piste around Les Carroz for when I get a half day to go and do my own thing?? Cheers
latest report
@laraichean, they have altered tourmaline into flaine this year - the first steep corner has been levelled out so is much much nicer. Cost about €300000 apparently!
snow conditions
Good news! Cheers.
snow conditions
Was enjoying a lunchtime beer on the balcony in bright sunshine , 5 mins after I went out clouds appeared starting snowing heavy and hasn't stopped since . Samoens village looks beautiful and in pretty sure the pistes do too... Some great weeks ahead . All that worry over Christmas and new year is quickly subsiding . Happy skiing
latest report
Just got back and can confirm snow conditions are fantastic, visibility a bit hit and miss, a few more people about today, than in the week, but still mega. Off home tomorrow, back in a couple of weeks! Hope it's great skiing for everyone.
snow report

Great conditions in the massif today under foot. Lovely soft light snow high up, touch scratchy down into Carroz.
ski holidays
Had a great day today. Snow conditions - as others have said - are superb. The sun even came out for a while this morning. The afternoon the vis was poor at times, but could usually get to some other part of the mountain where it was better. Should be good for a while
snow report
Mrs Basil and I enjoyed Samoens very much today. We were out Christmas week and went home early so the conditions today were fabulous in comparison. The snow quality is excellent, cold, creaky and lots of it but we left about 2 o'clock as the visibility reduced as said above. It has snowed on and off all day so looking forward to tomorrow as the forecast looks much brighter.
latest report
Superb in the trees above les carroz this afternoon, even if the visibilty was a bit duff at times, but the off piste was excellent around felire. Even if i was a bit tired after getting up a 4am..........

Cham meteo for tomorrow

TOMORROW - SUNDAY JANUARY 17
Bitter cold - N gale high up - mainly cloudy in the morning - sunny spell later
SKY CONDITION : mostly cloudy early in the morning - becoming cloudy with sunny spells spreading out in the afternoon - partly cloudy later. Period of sunshine close to 40%.
PRECIPITATION : scattered snow flurries in the morning - dry later.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, it's snowing again at the moment. Sick of this...... Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
https://instagram.com/p/BAm9g02xx1V/

Little Instagram video of conditions yesterday on an open but un-pisted run in Samoens
latest report
I was pleasantly surprised to see a Lamborghini driving up from Les Carroz to Flaine as we drove back to the airport yesterday morning! Very Happy
ski holidays
Quick update from me, we had an awesome week away. Monday was crap as it was all closed but by yesterday I had covered almost 500km en piste. Brilliant conditions, we are already thinking about 2017!

Zigzag were really good for me but ESF were much cheaper.

My pass.... Well I'm not sure what happened but I used the grand massif domain and went up to flaine (polling was boring at the top though but the views outstanding).... Thing is, they never charged me so I had the week ski for free! AWESOME!

I'm confident with blur and good with red although now and again a harsh red knocks my confidence a bit.

We were really lucky to have empty slopes to get to grips with it all.

Thanks to you guys who gave me advice and assurance a few weeks back, really appreciated Cool Cool Cool Cool
ski holidays
Sunday some day in January 2016

Brilliant day, had to stop at 2.30pm as my legs decided that 5 1/2 hours non stop was enough

New snow had filled in alot of yesterdays tracks, trees were even better, does need a bit more to prevent the odd bit of skiing on wood.

Felire was superb first thing, as was under gron and around there

Vis a bit duff at times, so stayed around les carroz

A few queues and much busier than yesterday

Stil lightly snowing....roll on tomorrow, not sure if my legs will thank me however!!

@Robert821, pleased you enjoyed it Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 17-01-16 17:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Snowed all day, it was intolerable snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
One quick run in Flaine on lovely snow but poor vis so headed over to les molliets where we got stuck for a while with about 200 other people as the lift seemed to be playing up. A couple of runs in les carroz, late lunch then back to Flaine where it is still snowing now. Seemed fairly busy today but that may just be weekenders plus people condensed into the same general slopes due to the visibility.
snow report
After some interesting tight trees We would have got stuck on Molliets but headed to the Haute Combe where we had a very fine early lunch.

Much poling and skating to get back from there.

After lunch some nice chopped powder off the side to Chariante.

Skied back down to the car at Vercland.

Sore legs.
snow report
Found some places a bit busy today, but mostly managed to stay away from the crowds. Snow still excellent with another 10cm overnight - pistes in great nic. Had a great late lunch at the restraunt at the bottom of Gouilles - forgot the name - luge something I think. Hoping that there will be fewer on the slopes tomorrow for our final day. Will post some photos later.
latest report
Vis a bit patchy at times:

Could not resist a photo of this chap:

Cleared up at the end of the day:
ski holidays
Wow - talk about good timing... first ski day was Thurs, poor visibility, but excellent snow. Friday - clear and sunny for much of the day, a massive surprise as it wasn't forecast that way... great! Saturday was really good early on with more fresh snow. Visibility went later on... as did my pride after a stupid fall on Marvel (yes I know, its a green). Having stopped at the top of Morillion briefly, I guess I hadn;t put my ski on properly as when I did my first turn (going rather fast) - it fell off... followed by the other one as I collapsed in a heap. Hopefully no permanent damage, but still have a sore thigh from twisting nastily... damn the fresh snow that was stuck on my boot!!! Take care on those dangerous green runs Skullie
latest report
@stevo_the_saddler, Hope the leg is feeling better....it was a snow snake...one of the animals on those boards down marvel....... Shocked Shocked

Damn cold this morning, it hurt exposed bits.........but only did a bit as had to get back to do some urgent work (why is it always urgent???)

snow was squeeky, and the bit of powder i did was so light........clouded up now.

anyone want an airbag..........

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=123257#2830500
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy