Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2015/2016 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon & Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
Snow in the village! ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just done the baguette run in flaine. At least 30 cm of super dry powder has fallen overnight possibly more. Clouds are starting to clear and it looks like it's going to be a belter.

Stay safe out there snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Woke up to 10cm of snow in Samoens village this morning, it looks beautiful. Just checked out the piste and snow report, 30cm fresh at 2000m and 20cm at 1600m, looks like the wind has dropped and there will be more lifts open today.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't use it all up.⛷⛷⛷⛷
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does anyone know if they will be opening the Velarge run down into Vercland soon? snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Feast, if I had to say I don't think it will be imminent because until last night it was raining at lower levels, this is not an expert view just my opinion.

If it's important to you l can try and enquire for you tomorrow when I go skiing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just to keep you informed of conditions, today was mega, despite starting off cloudy and cold in Samoens, by the time I got to Les Carroz the sun was just starting to peep through, the trees were snow covered, the pistes uncrowded and covered in deep powder, the skiing was fantastic.

In the afternoon had a quick look over to Flaine and conditions were just as good.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can't wait till we arrive in Flaine on the 23rd of Jan!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Epic day today, would post some pictures but don't know how!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Me neither.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The GM interactive piste map doesn't work on iPads.

Idiots.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@northeastsurfer, @bobrun,
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25601
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
An amazing day over in flaine - off piste powder as well as in piste. Sunshine was the icing on top. My back leg was burning!
Anyone got any info on when Vernant broke down? We were on it at 9.45am but by 3pm it was listed as closed on the blackboard at the bottom of grand vans. How did all the Flainians get back home?
Hope it's fixed by tomorrow as there was powder a plenty in flaine!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We got to the Vernant lift bang on 3pm and it had just shut. No explanation as to why. Had to get the bus back to Flaine from the Vernant car park.

Excellent day skiing overall. Fresh powder everywhere. Flaine's pistes were amazing and almost all were open. Nice to get out the Flaine bowl and over to Samoens/Les Carroz for a bit too, where conditions were pretty good.

Hoping for more of the same tomorrow!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Arctichedgehog, the blackboard in Flaine read that Vernant was shut because it was broken down...
ski holidays
Thanks for the clarification @Freestyle, it was too calm for it to have been closed to the weather!

Hopefully they'll fix it for tomorrow.
ski holidays
Hi guys

Just a quick update

I heard the Verdant lift was closed today due to someone taking a baguette onto the lift and it got stuck in the mechanisms.

All the best
Sam
snow conditions
Samwisegamgee wrote:
Hi guys

Just a quick update

I heard the Verdant lift was closed today due to someone taking a baguette onto the lift and it got stuck in the mechanisms.

All the best
Sam

That has tickled me 😂😂😂
snow report
Do you think there's any chance the whole Cascade run from Flaine down to Sixt will be open this Sunday? Thanks.
ski holidays
@under a new name, I've also noticed that the interactive map doesn't update as quickly as the actual lists of open lifts / pistes.
ski holidays
Indeed it was a mega day. @sullidav, I wouldn't put money on it.
snow report
@sullidav, they've had the snow cannons on today so you never know!
ski holidays
Pretty cool to see the snow cannons running at midday above morillon.
latest report
Very cold in samoens village this morning. Just started snowing. Visibility looks poor at 1600. My pals have just left for the day. I'm starting my rehab exercises in the apartment .... So jealous. Meeting them for lunch so will let you know what skiing was like this morning ...
ski holidays
On our way back out tomorrow for the 3rd time this season. The snow and the weather have been a little hit and miss so far. Last weekend was was especially miserable with pouring rain and high winds for much of it, but looking at the webcams it seems that we're in for some fantastic skiing this weekend. Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
@cad99uk Thanks for the link.
@sullidav Just looked on the web cams at Sixt and the snow looks pretty good, but the Avalanche risk is still high so that may delay it opening and the piste info for Sixt has not been updated so no runs open.
latest report
Coming out to Samoens for first time on 29 Jan for 5 days. Do you know of anyone that does ski guiding to show two of us the slopes? Intermediate skiers. Have contacted ZigZag but they only run guiding if enough people. Any ideas grateful. Thanks. Also any tips for easy blues first day.
ski holidays
Why not ask the ski rental shop? They would probably know a freelance.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As regards easy blues I would go to Morillon and Les Carroz as they are all easy blues. There are numerous coffee and lunch stops and it's all tree lined so very pretty. Igloo is v good for lunch at top of Bergin, Morillon. The Marvel run down to Morillon is very pretty and a green, but low so check conditions. Getting over to Flaine is OK both ways except for one or 2 runs (which you have to do) which are blue but often icy, mogulled and littered with despairing beginners although, lucky you, you are not going in uk school hols. So perhaps save Flaine for day 2.
latest report
Just got back to apartment after another great days skiing, a bit cloudy today and no sunshine so spent the day in Morillon and Les Carroz, I agree with Minnie how nice it is in the trees and the runs were fantastic today.
I skied Marvel this morning and the piste was in superb condition a lovely run.
snow report
Was just about to reply when I saw Minnie's response. Exactly what I would have said. Day 1 Morillon and Le Carroz, ( I would add chalet le Clair as a lunch stop) day 2 Flaine and then up to you. Snowed pretty much steadily all day down in the village so pistes are getting better by the minute. They are also making use of the drop in temperature to use the cannons....
latest report
Agree with AP1 about chalet le Clair, it's at top of Sairon chair I think. Igloo you can sit outside, le Clair not so much but has a nice stove and is a great hot chocolate stop as well as doing the usual for lunch. If you want a quick snack the pancake place le Beu just above Morillon les Esserts (LHS of piste just before the bottom) is good too. Counting the days till mid Feb when we go out.
snow conditions
The burgers in Chalet d'Clair are great, and the crout, and the reblechonade. Definitely worth trying the bottle of cloudy cider there too
latest report
We are back out mid feb as well and also counting the days. Another shout for Marvel. Long, pretty and easy run.
snow conditions

Currently hovering around 0 degrees in Samoen this evening to the thermometer. With the day's sprinkling of fresh laying in the road.

Some fresh tracks still to be had coming down the Velarge this afternoon. Although a bit soft and thin at the bottom. snowHead
snow report
I would echo all previous comments. Blues in and around Les Carroz and Morillon would be perfect.....also you cannot go too far wrong with lunch at Chalet des Molliets (just before the road, opposite the Molliets chair lift) or for a special occasion, Hotel Les Servages D'Armelle (opposite the Milk Hotel) at the foot of the red run into Les Carroz.
snow conditions
Thanks for piste suggestions and I love all the eating tips equally as important! Do you get to morillon down perce neige?
snow conditions
Little flakes now turned to rain in Samoens village this evening
ski holidays
Yes pierce neige is a ridge run from tete de saix into Morillon - you'll need to schuss some bits as it gets flat. There are some nice Blues around gron too...
snow conditions
@Feast, arghhhh I didn't know velarge was open today! It's my favourite run of all time! 😳
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy