Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2015 - 16

Poster: A snowHead
Have a great Christmas @waynos, and family snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Timberwolf, cheers and a great Xmas to the timberwolves. Just been skiing with the little ones. Great for them. Sunny, quiet and miles of Piste to explore. Though my back hurts now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Early doors ski at schladming today, sunny as usual, Piste in mint condition initially. By midday a few busier sections getting scraped but run to town was ace. I was surprised it wasn't busier, only lift queue I saw was a short 8 man that the kids ski schools all use. Nice to sit on the balcony this afternoon and soak up some rays in t-shirt, though strange to see frost just below in the shade. Powder would be nice but i'll make do with the odd pile of sugary snow,all good training.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello Ski Amade Snowheads! Just arrived in Neuberg yesterday morning and I am getting settled in for the season. Mrs B and I will be hitting the slopes this morning, assuming that her red wine hangover is manageable, so hope to catch up with a few of you over the course of the winter.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bobbev999, good news. Hope to catch up with you very soon.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@bobbev999, Hi Bobby we wuz talking about contacting you yesterday to get the gen on Filzmoos. We were thinking of escaping the crowds by coming over to ski in your backyard!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Samerberg Sue, we haven't skied Filzmoos yet so I can't give you a personal view but I do know that the Neuberg side is closed and the only lifts in operation are the 4-man chair and the Papageno gondola so I think that the skiing limited. Just got back from Zuachensee and it was pretty busy but I guess that's par for the course this week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@queen bodecia, are you here now? If so where are you staying?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bobbev999, not yet. Still in the mild and dreary East Midlands. I'm there 23rd-31st Jan and 5th-12th March, staying in Altenmarkt.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bobbev999, thanks for the update How was Zauch? I gave up on it last week and Wagrain yesterday because of all the idiots skiing so stupidly
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think this man-made stuff has done all it can...
The mornings are fine. The snow hs been packed down and bashed. The surface is grippy and not too loose with no trace of ice.
Then people come and ski on it... damn them!

By 14:00 Radstadt had severe moguls down towards Altenmarkt. Moguls that were separated by white ice.... well slightly stripy brown white ice with the dirt coming up on the old piste basher tracks.

The snow has now become its own little thing and is nothing to do with the base!
But.... by tomorrow morning it'll all be back in place and ready for me.

Mabel (my daughter) doesn't seem to care about any of that now... it seems that she has finally out paced (and possibly out skied...) her poor Dad!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@queen bodecia, look forward to meeting up on one or both of your trips.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Samerberg Sue, sorry to say that a lot of the idiots are still there! We got there a bit later than we would have preferred so missed the quietest part of the day and called it quits around 12.30. The skiing itself was not too bad apart from a few of the moguls that flangesax mentioned above. How much longer are you here for? Hopefully was can have a quick meet up before the end of your trip. We are thinking of getting to Reiteralm for first lifts tomorrow and maybe doing the Konigstour the day after.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bobbev999, hi bob, good to have you back with us again Madeye-Smiley

Nice report @flangesax, Scarpa and me skied Schladming/Haus and that pretty much sums it all up.Runs were lovely until about 11. There were some really long queues over on the Haus side, the Quattralpina and the lift below that we waited about 10 mins each time.
We finished at 3 after witnessing all sorts of carnage as folk were struggling with the mounds of sugar/moguls and ice. I don't think I will be going up again until we get some snow, looks like next week.

Anyone fancy a mountain bike ride and BBQ on New Years eve/ day Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Kooky, nice to be back. I was going to ask if Scarpa was here with you but you've already answered my unspoken (unwritten) question. Hopefully we can hookup when you guys are back on skis!
snow conditions
Hi there Bob Smile I definitely will get a ski in with you. I am here until the 9th, just a fly out trip this time, no season for me this year as I'm working, and also no car to get around (but Kooky is a very good chauffeur).

The ice is entertaining, but LB has lent me his old GS skis so i actually have edge grip Toofy Grin

I am going rock climbing tomorrow up on the Untersburg, it feels strange to be doing that at this time of year Shocked
ski holidays
@bobbev999, I'm popping back home tomorrow to sort out one or two things but am possibly going to do a morning at Reiteralm on Thursday. The general consensus is that it has the best conditions, especially up at the top. Otherwise, like the others, I'll wait for the real stuff to drop if enough quantity to make skiing pleasurable again. It will help as well to get rid of all the idiots, but that should be taken care of on Saturday when the majority of the lemmings start their journeys home.
snow conditions
@Samerberg Sue, Scarpa got totally taken out from behind by an attractive young lady today as he was minding his own business standing on the side of the piste, I turned round to see them both on the floor together.
Funnily enough he didn't seem to mind too much wink We did see a lot of collisions, the helicopter landed on the flat bit at Rohmoos and carted some unfortunate soul away, and LB said over on Flachau it was mayhem. Definitely not skiing there again until after Heilige Drei König.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 29-12-15 18:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@Kooky, Must be just me but the morning piste were a good warm up for the fun bouncy afternoon moguls with the odd bit if ice chucked in for good measure. All very educational, when conditions improve it will feel so simple. Stuck to Hochwurzen most the day - no queues on the 3 main lifts. Finished the day with a late trip up Planai, the final night race piste was a giggle. And just a quick thanks to all the lemmings - without them the lift companies wouldn't invest in modern infrastructure like fast lifts and snow making.
latest report
@Kooky, I was on the lift when the chopper landed. Confused why the chopper was called in when 10m across the piste was a hotel car park that an ambulance could have got to, I saw the victim sat up and chatting so would not seem too serious but I guess you never know.
snow conditions
@waynos, we actually had a right laugh skiing down that one tiny strip to the Golden Jet, it is good to challenge yourself but I wouldn't fancy doing that if I didn't have razor sharp edges, kudos to the tourists that made it down on blunt hire skis Twisted Evil
ski holidays
@Kooky, I did the golden jet run the other day with Noah - just for the fun of it. It wasn't actually that much fun, though that piste is always a challenge.
ski holidays
@waynos, Laughing Laughing Laughing try it in the dark after a few Jagatees Shocked (you, not Noah!)
snow conditions
@waynos, @Kooky, has piste 6 on Planai down to the Goldenjet always been a black? I seem to recall it being a(n icy) red.
snow report
@HutToHut, no, it was a red but I think they changed it a few years ago. Still not a black though, although in conditions like today it probably would count as a black Skullie
ski holidays
@HutToHut, I think you're right. Probably due to current conditions or the resort needs more blacks for the Piste map
latest report
@HutToHut, I think you're right. Probably due to current conditions or the resort needs more blacks for the Piste map
snow report
Piste 6 changed to a black for 14/15 season. Probably for more blacks on the map as waynos, suggests.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Righto, not been since 2011. Ta.
snow report
Had a bit of a mad week since returning. Spent about 24 hours at home in the last week and a half.

Thanks to @Samerberg Sue, for looking after us when we first arrived. And also thanks to @Scarpa, for a fun afternoon on the snow and in the bar.

Have to say interesting to hear the comments about lemmings. We started the week commenting that nearly all on the snow seemed very competent. That seemed to change midweek, it wasn't so much the quality of the skier, but the lack of regard for others around! Mostly too fast and too close to any one else.
snow conditions
I had first day skiing schladming yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of snow here. It had been snowing over the weekend and again from 3pm yesterday.
The older snow underneath is pretty icy but plenty of soft stuff on top to aim for in slide mode.
It was pretty busy, lots of kids. I was scared I might kill one, not only if they were in my way!! I am told the school holidays finish today so hopefully quieter from tomorrow.
I'm skiing here until Sunday then home on Monday if anyone wants to meet up or advise on resorts/areas that are good at the moment.
snow report
Just had a great morning skiing with @Scarpa, and @bobbev999, thanks guys for showing me round.
snow report
Anyone got an update on how things are in Alpendorf?? Cheers!
ski holidays
@speachmaus, really nice to meet you and look forward to meeting up again sometime.
ski holidays
Apparently tourist numbers held well over Xmas
http://www.kleinezeitung.at/s/steiermark/ennstal/peak_ennstal/4899205/TourismusBilanz_Weihnachtsferien-fielen-doch-nicht-ins-Wasser
latest report
Yesterday (07.01) Zauchensee my last (and only) hurrah with Scarpa up on these hills this Jan...
Don't panic - he isn't in the video!

https://www.facebook.com/austrianadventures/videos/10153742217617534/?theater
snow report
It was a great last couple of days Toofy Grin
snow conditions
The webcams look lovely this morning with new snow. I hope anyone skiing today is in for a treat...
latest report
Yes been great and snowing well yesterday... able to put down fresh tracks on deserted mountain between three and 4pm yesterday.... back out in three weeks and more snow likely this pm so this week looking good..
ski holidays
@queen bodecia, it is indeed lovely today, we went to Zauchensee, Ive posted a few pics elsewhere, Ive returned home now to do parenting duties, hubby is still there enjoying all there is to enjoy. See you soon. Ange Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy