Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal ski.co.uk or suggestions please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
once maybe twice a year I venture out for a week on the white stuff , I usually go with crystal ski as I like the package deal but have done most of the resorts they cover and am now looking for some inspiration.
I have been on a snow heads bash and it was fun, I met some great people but do prefer a package where I just pay one price drive to the airport and then don't have to stress about anything else.
I usually spend between £550 - £600 but this covers everything flights, board transport, transfers,half board hotel or chalet and piste pass ( yeah I am tight)
Usually go by myself but this next trip I am taking my adult son.
Any sensibly (because I know some of you can be quick with a witty response) suggestions would be gladly received.
Thank you Drew
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Drew, I was wondering how you manage all that for £600 as a single traveller with Crystal as I also go alone and I tend to spend almost twice that much (including lift pass and snowboard carriage)!

I did do a diy trip once, I posted what I was looking for in the Chalets Direct solutions room and received a load of offers. I ended up choosing a chalet in Bourg St Maurice, I then booked flights to Geneva and a transfer with Altibus to Bourg, I did this all online and I don't speak or read French. The bus ticket was booked for a certain time but I think it was transferable if your flight was delayed so you could always get on the next bus to resort. As for the lift pass I just bought it on my first day at the ticket office.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Minion1980 wrote:
Hi Drew, I was wondering how you manage all that for £600 as a single traveller with Crystal as I also go alone and I tend to spend almost twice that much (including lift pass and snowboard carriage)!

Same here.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Feasible I think if booking last minute, but not at brochure prices.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Inghams may have some resorts not covered by Crystal, and they are a good tour operator in my view. Like most TOs they also have last minute deals on their website.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think Inghams are the best of the bunch in terms of the larger package holiday TOs although it is a long time since I've used them.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Minion and Gerry, I wait until last minute to book and stick mainly to Italy and Austria.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh I see. I did get a good deal for Serre Che last year through Inghams, I booked in January for March and it was around £800 including 1/2 board hotel and lift pass and I thought that was pretty cheap for a solo traveller.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mark Warner are very good. Once I lost my wallet with all my cards at Gatwick and only had about 70 Euros on me but I took a chance and went although I had not booked my ski pass. MW gave me a pass and let me pay later and I used the Euros I had for light lunches putting everything else on the MW hotel bill. Fortunately my second credit card was sent out and arrived on the last day which allowed me to settle up but it might not have arrived in time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@handyman, thanks I will take a look
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have a look at Neilson too.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andybabes wrote:
once maybe twice a year I venture out for a week on the white stuff , I usually go with crystal ski as I like the package deal but have done most of the resorts they cover and am now looking for some inspiration.

If true, that is quite simply an astonishing amount of skiing. I'm more travelled than the average punter in terms of ski resorts visited, but I reckon I could spend a couple of weeks a year in a different resort that Crystal cover and not complete the set within my lifetime. They cover 13 different countries and well over 100 different resorts. Fair play if you've covered all those.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dav, I should mention that I stick to Italy and Austria as rest are too expensive.... But I can see were your coming from lol
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andybabes wrote:
@Dav, I should mention that I stick to Italy and Austria as rest are too expensive.... But I can see were your coming from lol

Fair enough pal! Still quite impressive to tick all those off though.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh mate whatever!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy