Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London Freeze Big Air postponed.

Poster: A snowHead
The London Freeze Big Air event is being postponed until early 2016. A press release said that this was so the event can better fit the calendar schedule of the participants, and that any purchased tickets will be transferable or can be refunded.

Here is the official blurb...

Quote:
Freeze Big Air will now take place during early 2016. Originally scheduled for Saturday 14th November 2015, the intention is now for Freeze Big Air to take place during early 2016 at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London.

We will be working with the International Ski Federation (FIS) and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to find a date that better fits with athlete schedules and the wider competitive calendar, and that will ultimately enable us to deliver a bigger and better event. More news and a revised date will follow shortly.

All original tickets will still be valid and transferable to the new date, but any original ticket holders wishing to claim a refund should contact See Tickets on 0871 220 0260 or freeze@seetickets.com. If requested, refunds will be processed within 7 days, with the amount automatically credited to the card used for the original purchase.

We will continue to post updates on the Freeze Big Air website. Please direct any enquires to freeze@visionninegroup.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 9-10-15 9:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nothing to do with the london ski show being at the same venue a week earlier?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nile Rodgers' coke rider a bit hefty for them?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CEM, they are at the olympic park for big air

I'm disappointed, was looking forward to this, apparently can't get a refund for ticket and booking fee, just ticket which is terrible considering the booking fee cost.

Will hold onto the tickets and hope it lands on a suitable date next year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Booking fees are a scam. If you can't buy a ticket without paying a "booking fee" then the "fee" is really part of the price of a ticket.

If you've paid by credit card, then complain to your card supplier that the seller has not supplied the ordered goods and under S.75 demand a full refund.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Probably not sold enough tickets, although I would imagine that many seasonaires and those on holiday can no longer make it. Bet Jamie and Jenny Jones are cringing at having their faces promoting the event
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Postponed to early 2016 is code for not never gonna to happen I suspect. No pros are going to be schlepping to London for an Urban event mid season. They happen pre season.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dave of the Marmottes, Apparently he thought it was a different kind of massive snow kicker on offer.

Plenty of vitriol pouring out online about this - plenty of people with non-refundable travel and accommodation, and the nonrefundable card transaction/delivery charges too... lots saying they can't attend a mid season event as they'll probably be up an Alp somewhere or scrubbing a khazi in La Plagne.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 9-10-15 9:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also a bit tough on anyone who was maybe travelling to the event from some distance away and had paid for say a train fare and possibly even overnight accommodation.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Postponed to early 2016 is code for not never gonna to happen I suspect. No pros are going to be schlepping to London for an Urban event mid season. They happen pre season.

Exactly what I was thinking. Just a smokescreen for lack of ticket sales surely. My two bob's worth here - including some irate Tweets
http://www.skipedia.co.uk/2015/10/freeze-big-air-london-postponed/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
refund requested, luckily i hadnt booked my train tickets yet
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
refund has just come through and interestingly ive got a FULL refund of £41.49. Maybe its because i paid by paypal
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was keen to go but the ticket prices were crazy steep if you just wanted to see the snow stuff and weren't interested in the 'parrty' stuff.

Doubt it will happen mid-season and as others say bet this is 100% lack of ticket sales.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was keen to go, but luckily one of my mates decided to wait to see who was on the bill before committing, so thankfully never booked a ticket.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@snow_badger, i have and accommodation and a day of work, looks like a weekend in London better get pissed lol
snow report
Cancelled now:

Quote:
The promoters of Freeze Big Air have announced the cancellation of this year's
event.

Despite the recent postponement, Freeze Big Air will now no longer be taking
place. We will begin processing refunds for all ticketholders immediately. Full
refunds including booking fees will be automatically processed within seven
days to the card used and no further action is required. However, if you have a
refund query, please contact us on 0871 220 0260 or by email via
http://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService quoting 36619496.

The promoters had this message for all ticket buyers:

"We're very sorry to announce that we've been unable to find a viable date in
the snowsports calendar for Freeze Big Air during winter 2015/16. We're
therefore really disappointed to confirm Freeze Big Air will not run this
season, and apologise to everybody who has made arrangements for the event.

We're grateful for the funding opportunities provided by UK Sport, Greater
London Authority (GLA) and British Ski & Snowboard (BSS), and would like to
thank all sponsors, ambassadors, partners and ticket buyers for their support."

Best regards,

See Tickets Customer Services
snow report
Hmm, that'll be inevitability calling...
ski holidays
Quote:
The promoters of Freeze Big Air have announced the cancellation of this year's
event.

"We're very sorry to announce that we've been unable to find a viable date in
the snowsports calendar for Freeze Big Air during winter 2015/16. We're
therefore really disappointed to confirm Freeze Big Air will not run this
season, and apologise to everybody who has made arrangements for the event.

...and apologise to everybody who has made arrangements for the event, especially those who have bought train tickets and booked accommodation who will be unable to get their money back.

FIFY wink
latest report
The "this years event" amused me - like there will be another Freeze after this.
snow report
@Richard_Sideways, I certainly wont trust them enough to book again in the future
snow report
capstone wrote:
@Richard_Sideways, I certainly wont trust them enough to book again in the future

I've heard that the organisers are thinking of organising a beer drinking event in a brewery, watch this space...... wink
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:

I've heard that the organisers are thinking of organising a beer freezing event in a freezer, watch this space...... wink

FIFY
snow report
wonder how ticket sales for the telegraph show are going ??? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
what a joke. I would imagine that noone will want to book for this event again give the complete mess many have been left with
latest report
iskar wrote:
wonder how ticket sales for the telegraph show are going ??? Toofy Grin

Not well I'd suspect. I'd anticipate BOGOFs and plenty of freebies in the next week or so.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy