Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Bindings....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Greetings

this is my first post on this veritable webpage/organ/tome so apologies if this is in the wrong place or if the answers are already out there( if so please direct me)
I have just purchased my first powder skis from that fine Piste Office( Redeemer 190s) and am dithering over the bindings. I have a pair of Diamir Freeride Pro( about 5 years old) which are still attached to my de-laminating Atomic Snoops and am thoroughly undecided as to whether I should:
1 put these on my new Whitedots( a bit concerned as to whether or not my Diamirs are too old for the skis( if that makes sense))
2 get a new pair of Markers from the Office
3 go the whole hog and take out a small mortgage and buy new boots( no panties) and the Dynafit bindings.( has anyone converted to Dynafit and then regretted?)
4 forget about skinning with these skis and put on some Look/Salomon Wardens( other makes considered)

Jon from the Office has given me some very sage advice, and I am after some other opinions from the Snowhead forum....experiences/anecdotal evidence etc and such like .
I have enjoyed my Snoops, skinning off into the white/blue yonder and this is what I will be doing with the Redeemers (but not touring.)

I bought these skis for 2 reasons..the first being that they were a bargain and the second being that I am off to Japan in Feb for 3 weeks and was advised to get some decent powder skis.
I am not a proficient powder skiier but was advised that if I was going into the deep stuff then help yourself and have the right equipment.
I am hoping to be far better at the end than when I started! ( I do intend to visit a few temples and the snow-monkeys...may try some sushi shashimi)

I have read threads about Marker v Diamir (dated 2013) and the concerns people have regarding slop/tortional
I am not too bothered about saving a few grams of weight..I just want to have the right set-up that will assist with my powder skiing and make it a joyous transition.

Mike
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mikescriv, Don't put your Diamirs on them -- every ski I've tried with Fritschis skis better with other bindings. If you are wanting primarily a powder ski with skiing as a bonus then Markers are a good option.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just takes spyderjon's advice. Simples.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bit confused as to what you are buying these for. Is it mostly for Japan and you won't be doing any skinning/touring there? Or are there definitely for skinning/touring?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They're a big ski, the Redeemer, and I personally wouldn't want to do too much on them on the way up, so I'd go with the Markers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@zammo, + 1

Once you decide what you want to use them for, then spyderjon will be the best person to advise you on which exact bindings, and will sort them out on the skis for you - that's the easiest option!

If you have a smaller pair of skis that you are happy touring with, then I'd just put downhill bindings on these, and enjoy the Japan powder via lifts.

But if you're looking at other new skis and bindings anyway, then maybe just get one single of pair of bindings and all skis quiverkillered for those - but as Zammo says, I'm don't think these would be the best ski as a touring ski.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski wrote:
@mikescriv, Don't put your Diamirs on them -- every ski I've tried with Fritschis skis better with other bindings. If you are wanting primarily a powder ski with skiing as a bonus then Markers are a good option.
+ 1 re Diamirs .

re regretting Dynafits, I havent , really liked my Beast 14s. but poss not on these skis. I'll be putting Pivots on my Redeemers.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
to all,
thanks for the replies...the Diamirs won't be going on the Redeemers and I shall be speaking to Spyderjon regarding Marker bindings.

"Bit confused as to what you are buying these for. Is it mostly for Japan and you won't be doing any skinning/touring there? Or are there definitely for skinning/touring?"

I shall be using these for powder days anywhere I find myself...the Diamir/Marker dicotomy is instigated by my urge to get off the beaten track and walk/hike/skin to fresh stuff and eat my picnic away from the mob...and I will be keeping my on-piste skis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ansta1 wrote:
Just takes spyderjon's advice. Simples.

Ditto
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy